amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Aggressively expanding market share by overpaying for used cars (in some areas). Probably hoping for a buyout as Amazon is also starting to sell cars online. It’s game over once Amazon figures it out.
Amazon would be better off acquiring Carvana. One of my co-workers bought a 2017 Camry XSE V6, told me it was the best car buying experience they ever had. It took them 20 minutes to buy it, and it was delivered a little more than a week later. He was allowed to inspect it and drive it before signing the paperwork, and had 7 days to return it, no questions asked. He said he would buy from them again
Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Off-topic (sorry OP) but I thought it was hilarious: Carvana's offer for my '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (good condition, no accidents, runs well) is $240. $240!!! I don't think I've ever seen an offer that low for any car

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Off-topic (sorry OP) but I thought it was hilarious: Carvana's offer for my '05 Saab 9-2x Aero (good condition, no accidents, runs well) is $240. $240!!! I don't think I've ever seen an offer that low for any car
LOL that is funny. I don't think they were buying it to sell. They usually don't sell anything older than 2010. I bet you they would just store it away somewhere and write it off

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
honestly, i loved the N. it was so smooth and that acceleration tho.. really pushes you head back in your seat. i drove the 1 with the performance package with 275 hp and it spanked the si the way it pulled (what i expected). the handling felt pretty similar. but that bitch was 31k!

and i still love the look of my coupe more tho.
I agree the power is way better than Si. The interior is crappy way cheap feel. I drove the N with performance package. The dealer was ready to sell it at 26.5K in sacramento, ca

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree the power is way better than Si. The interior is crappy way cheap feel. I drove the N with performance package. The dealer was ready to sell it at 26.5K in sacramento, ca
At that price point giving you so much car, they have to cut somewhere. They basically put all the money into the engine, suspension, transmission, LSD and tuning, so they cheaped out on the interior

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
At that price point giving you so much car, they have to cut somewhere. They basically put all the money into the engine, suspension, transmission, LSD and tuning, so they cheaped out on the interior
Yes, even though they offer 10 year warranty I don't prefer Hyundai brand. I am more of a JDM guy

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I’m thinking about selling my 2017 PMM civic si sedan with just under 40,000 miles. What would be a good asking price for the car? It’s bone stock
Search cars.com, autotrader.com, and cargurus.com for Civics of the same year and similar mileage as yours to figure out what others are asking. Assuming you are the first owner, it has a clean carfax, and is in good condition, I would guess 18k.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
honestly, i loved the N. it was so smooth and that acceleration tho.. really pushes you head back in your seat. i drove the 1 with the performance package with 275 hp and it spanked the si the way it pulled (what i expected). the handling felt pretty similar. but that bitch was 31k!

and i still love the look of my coupe more tho.
31k for a Hyundai? Yeah no thanks.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, even though they offer 10 year warranty I don't prefer Hyundai brand. I am more of a JDM guy
Well I can tell you this...if I was looking for a car with Type R or close to Type R performance, this would be the one

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like a perfect car for me. Don’t care for interior, just give me responsive engine, high redline, good handling, loudish exhaust, and reliability. Need to watch some videos to see how it likes to rev. Buying used will be perfect for this car.

Back on topic, Carvana doesn’t offer top dollars if they already have too many of the same model in their inventory (CTR in SoCal for example. Lol. )

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Back on topic, Carvana doesn’t offer top dollars if they already have too many of the same model in their inventory (CTR in SoCal for example. Lol. )
One accident 23K mile CTR to them is worth $23K in SE PA. So either they have a lot already or I'm getting murdered on the value due to the accident (or both!).

31k for a Hyundai? Yeah no thanks.
I don't get this hate about Hyundai's. My family has driven them for years and never had any issues.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I can tell you this...if I was looking for a car with Type R or close to Type R performance, this would be the one
Yeah, off-topic again. If you look at the TCR class, the Veloster N routinely beats the Type R on some events but loses to it on faster circuits. I know, those cars are totally different from street cars but the foundation is there. The Si, on the other hand, is fantastic in any race.

https://www.tcamerica.us/results?filter_season_id=1&filter_meeting_id=0&filter_race_id=132

Back to regular schedule.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just agreed to sell mine to Carvana. They are supposed to come pick it up and give me a check Monday. I listed mine for 21k, hoping for 20k. Carvana offered me 19,700. Done deal.

2017 Si sedan. 12k miles.
Sponsored