Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That’s a good point as well. Do you have a plug kit that you recommend?
Not really, I have plugged my tires twice, they're really soft and are (to me) easy to pick up nails, screws etc.
As far as plug kits i use a generic one from an auto parts store, as long as the glue is fresh, and the plug is new and pliable probably any of them will do. If you have to drive on the flat DON"T plug it. Have a tire s shop look at it first off the rim. My tires just had slow nail leaks so they were OK to plug.

PS: Get the kits with the "T" handle it's way easier to ream the hole and push the plug in with T handle model.
Sponsored

SonicTyphoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not really, I have plugged my tires twice, they're really soft and are (to me) easy to pick up nails, screws etc.
As far as plug kits i use a generic one from an auto parts store, as long as the glue is fresh, and the plug is new and pliable probably any of them will do. If you have to drive on the flat DON"T plug it. Have a tire s shop look at it first off the rim. My tires just had slow nail leaks so they were OK to plug.

PS: Get the kits with the "T" handle it's way easier to ream the hole and push the plug in with T handle model.
Good deal and that makes sense - I'll leave it to the professionals then and use my spare in those emergency situations. I thought kit plugs might have been a good temporary solution until a tire shop can plug it officially with something a bit more robust.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Good deal and that makes sense - I'll leave it to the professionals then and use my spare in those emergency situations. I thought kit plugs might have been a good temporary solution until a tire shop can plug it officially with something a bit more robust.
BTW I have the OEM Continentals. I have a lot of tread left at 15k but I worry about nails all the time.

juang1985

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GOLF R MK7
Country flag
BTW I have the OEM Continentals. I have a lot of tread left at 15k but I worry about nails all the time.
I had conti contact on my GOLF R at 25k miles and had about 30%thread left in them before I sold it. It all depends on how you drive the car. I guess I drove my Golf like a grand-ma.
I am hoping my CTR will get me close to 25k. don't see why not since is same type of tire as long as I rotate them every 5k

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a very helpful post. Thanks!
Quick question for ya. Did you end up getting rid of your Type R cargo Matt? I have the matt and thinking on getting the spare tire OEM kit. I see there is a little bit of fitment issues. Wanna know your thougths
Looks like another already answered, but I ended up keeping my Type R cargo mat personally. The fitment where it meets the rear seat backing is funky, but I kind of learned to live with it and honestly forgot about it. Pretty clever to get the non-R mat for perfect fitment though!

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been optional on all model years for the Type R.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealer never offered that option to me. You can still buy the kit. Which I did.
Yes, to be totally clear the dealer probably won't mention it out right during the purchase process but the part is available through them.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Buy the tire online though, it’s wayyyyyy cheaper

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Buy the tire online though, it’s wayyyyyy cheaper
It depends on the dealer, really.
When I bought the kit here's what my local dealer charged.

Kit 06421-TGH-A33ZA. List $193. Dealer charged $140.
Tire 42751-CTL-039. List $108. Dealer charged $97. (Try also 42751-CTL-031)

The dealer also mounted the tire for free.

The good thing about buying through the dealer is that there's no shipping charge. It comes in a VERY big box with big shipping charges if you have it sent to you.

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Looks like another already answered, but I ended up keeping my Type R cargo mat personally. The fitment where it meets the rear seat backing is funky, but I kind of learned to live with it and honestly forgot about it. Pretty clever to get the non-R mat for perfect fitment though!

You gotta cut those two pieces off in back to fit perfect. They are sectioned off.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
It depends on the dealer, really.
When I bought the kit here's what my local dealer charged.

Kit 06421-TGH-A33ZA. List $193. Dealer charged $140.
Tire 42751-CTL-039. List $108. Dealer charged $97. (Try also 42751-CTL-031)

The dealer also mounted the tire for free.

The good thing about buying through the dealer is that there's no shipping charge. It comes in a VERY big box with big shipping charges if you have it sent to you.
Oh awesome, I bought a 2019 a few days ago and it has a spare and the jack and everything.
Sponsored