First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just found out that stock si brakes suck. what do you guys recommend?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
just found out that stock si brakes suck. what do you guys recommend?
Look into stop brake rotors and pads. I’m running their slotted disks and street pads and they’ve held up a lot better in the canyons. They still fade if you push them hard but they do a lot better than stock and there is no real negative trade off.

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look into stop brake rotors and pads. I’m running their slotted disks and street pads and they’ve held up a lot better in the canyons. They still fade if you push them hard but they do a lot better than stock and there is no real negative trade off.
When i went ahead from newcombs i kinda pushed it a little bit and 10 mins in the brakes were fading big time and when i stopped at the barricade to make a u turn they were smoking like crazy. ..Now I just found an excuse to buy more parts. Haha

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
When i went ahead from newcombs i kinda pushed it a little bit and 10 mins in the brakes were fading big time and when i stopped at the barricade to make a u turn they were smoking like crazy. ..Now I just found an excuse to buy more parts. Haha
Lol oh man. there you go! Good brakes are a must.

Very dope cruise today it’s was a pleasure my guys ?

CA749605-CA3C-440D-A39E-B219E26DE7A6.jpeg

35456C4F-6ED2-4FEA-B8FC-4E14F72F8618.jpeg
Dude! These are good! Thank you!

I made a quick edit of the GoPro footage I took this morning. I’m barely learning how to edit so please bare with me but here you go:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Wish we could be part of the whole crew going up to Newcombs ? I went up to it in a rented ND Miata last November and it was a blast!

@jscm you're right, stock braking power is inadequate indeed. We've put together an Si brake package on our site consisting of:

- Stoptech Slotted Front Rotors
- Stoptech Slotted Rear Rotors
- Hawk HPS 5.0 pads
- Goodridge SS Lines
- Motul RBF600 Fluid

Rear pads we are looking at options, to be honest stock ones aren't terrible since a majority of weight transfer and braking is at the front; you can upgrade to Type R rear stock or aftermarket pads.

The above setup will be plenty capable for canyon runs, and light to mild tracking :)

https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-si?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

I'm assuming you've got better tires already? Also, definitely consider lighter wheels on your shortlist since the factory wheels are 28lbs, and all that rotating mass won't help braking performance

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Happy Friday guys!

Would any of you be interested in going on a canyon carving escapade Sunday (03/28). The time would be early (as it’s always best to avoid high traffic or chp).

Let me know what you guys think. Ángeles Crest has been fun to drive in the past. We could also try Mulholland dr. as well.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happy Friday guys!

Would any of you be interested in going on a canyon carving escapade Sunday (03/28). The time would be early (as it’s always best to avoid high traffic or chp).

Let me know what you guys think. Ángeles Crest has been fun to drive in the past. We could also try Mulholland dr. as well.
I heard Angeles crest and Azusa are filled with cops right now & giving out tickets (I know I got a fix it for my exhaust at Angeles ?) since a lot of people have reported people speeding and “racing” the mountain (we all know what they mean by that lmfao) mulholland dr might be a better option

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I heard Angeles crest and Azusa are filled with cops right now & giving out tickets (I know I got a fix it for my exhaust at Angeles ?) since a lot of people have reported people speeding and “racing” the mountain (we all know what they mean by that lmfao) mulholland dr might be a better option
I rarely run into cops at azusa but one of the only times I did, I ended up with a ticket haha. But with all that aside, I would love to go canyon carving 3/28. Count me in.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Happy Friday guys!

DAMN! I would be down, but fortunately unfortunately, I'll be in Palm Springs golfing at PGA West lol. Also, Angeles is littered with cops at the moment. My buddy said there's been an influx of calls reporting speeding/racing and a slight influx of accidents.

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
DAMN! I would be down, but fortunately unfortunately, I'll be in Palm Springs golfing at PGA West lol. Also, Angeles is littered with cops at the moment. My buddy said there's been an influx of calls reporting speeding/racing and a slight influx of accidents.
Thanks for the heads up guys. I may take a light cruise this Sunday around 7am just to see how many cops are out. If it seems heavy we can try and go to Mulholland instead.

OP
OP
Memogiyi

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Cool! I’ll post the details early next week based on how Angeles Crest seems this weekend.
Sponsored