SiGator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I do not own a Civic Si coupe.... yet. I am considering a 2020 and I am wondering how I could transport my mountain bike (large 29" wheels). I am not really interested in a roof rack. What are my options? Does anybody fit a mountain bike inside (through the trunk) with the seats down? Is there a bike carrier that can hang off the trunk?
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do not own a Civic Si coupe.... yet. I am considering a 2020 and I am wondering how I could transport my mountain bike (large 29" wheels). I am not really interested in a roof rack. What are my options? Does anybody fit a mountain bike inside (through the trunk) with the seats down? Is there a bike carrier that can hang off the trunk?
Following, also interested in this.

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
receiver hitch, bike rack to receiver hitch and bike on the rear of car.

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Except for that whole center exhaust problem. Hitch is a problem unless you redo the exhaust.

Roof rack is really the only answer. Thule or Yakima are expensive, but they are worth it. I have a Thule setup (I had it on my Fit and haven't had time to get it on my Si yet), and at first I thought it wasn't worth it. I have had it almost three years now, and its totally worth it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mountain bike options for an Si coupe thule01

Honda Civic 10th gen Mountain bike options for an Si coupe thule02

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I bought a Saris Bones 2 used. It fit over coupe spoiler just barely, but the lower arms weren’t long enough to sit on bumper like designed so it ended up brushing up against the spoiler after hitting bumps with a bike on it. So I modified it with some solid rubber bumper guards, cut them to size and used rubber adhesive to attach to bottom feet. So far that had worked really well. I have a 29er mountain bike.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mountain bike options for an Si coupe image

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I fit my Giant large frame on road sport bike in my coupe without issue. Procedure: fold down rear seats, remove the front wheel and pedals, and load the bike in the trunk with the rear wheel towards the drivers side and the seat towards the passenger seat.

The following thread has photos that I used as reference when I was loading my bike for the first time:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/bicycle-in-coupe.14744/

Videone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 GT PRHT, 2018 Mazda 6 Signature, 2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fit my Giant large frame on road sport bike in my coupe without issue. Procedure: fold down rear seats, remove the front wheel and pedals, and load the bike in the trunk with the rear wheel towards the drivers side and the seat towards the passenger seat.

The following thread has photos that I used as reference when I was loading my bike for the first time:

I do it almost the same way...but, with the front wheel off, I place the rear wheel in the trunk area with the fork up behind the driver's seat. Pedals stay on, but the seat comes off. I can get it in with the seat on, but it's just easier with it off. Anyone that watches me put it in or take it out seems amazed that it can fit. Because I want to keep the car looking good, I do put a cover over the bumper area for protection in case I get sloppy putting the bike in/out. I'd be really pissed if gouged something.

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, if I am tired after a long ride, the LAST thing I want to do is tear the bike into 30 pieces and make sure I don't rub it against any of my nice car.

Honestly, its my only regret of getting rid of my Fit for my Si. A bike fit in the Fit with ease.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I went with a roof rack. I don't want to bother disassembling the bike after every ride, on top of having to remove child seats so I can fold the seats down, etc.

If you don't want a roof rack then the next best option is a hitch mount. But you'll be building a custom exhaust to route around. It can be done, and I believe a few members here have done it now.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Would this work without removing the pedals?

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Would this work without removing the pedals?
One could leave the pedals on when loading/unloading, but the pedals are partly obstructed by the rear deck. Extra care is necessary. Without the pedals, I find that the bike goes in and out of the trunk quite easily. It takes me just a minute or two to remove/install the pedals on my bike. No big deal.

Perhaps loading/unloading in the orientation described by Videone here above does not encounter any obstruction. I have not tried it that way.

Last edited:

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One could leave the pedals on when loading/unloading, but the pedals can be are partly obstructed by the rear deck. Extra care is necessary. Without the pedals, I find that the bike goes in and out of the trunk quite easily. It takes me just a minute or two to remove/install the pedals on my bike. No big deal.

Perhaps loading/unloading in the orientation described by Videone here above does not encounter any obstruction. I have not tried it that way.
Well this is going to save me a few hundred bucks on the Thule rack I was begrudgingly looking at.

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with a roof rack. I don't want to bother disassembling the bike after every ride, on top of having to remove child seats so I can fold the seats down, etc.

If you don't want a roof rack then the next best option is a hitch mount. But you'll be building a custom exhaust to route around. It can be done, and I believe a few members here have done it now.
Which rack did you go with?
Sponsored