First snow drive

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Been driving around town in the snow the last couple days. Feels no different than any other fwd car I have had in the winter. Still on the factory 19" eagle sport A/S tires.
The only time I have ever had winter tires is when I lived in Alberta. They don't salt/plow where I was and the snow just compacted on top of the road. Made a huge difference though.
I am just going to run the stock si rims on the all seaons, fuck it.
Sponsored

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I was planning on ordering a set of 17" wheels and winter tires (or getting some used) but after reading Tire Rack's review of the stock Goodyear Eagle Sports, I'm going to hold off until next year. Tire Rack described them as "An Ultra High Performance All-Season tire with balanced handling and a quiet ride along with good snow traction."

I figure for this year at least they'll have plenty of tread. Although I've yet to do any real snow driving with them. If they don't live up to TR's claim I will definitely order a winter set. No sense in compromising safety for not a whole lot of money.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The way I look at it. I am keeping the car for a few years so I will wear down the tires either way.
If I use one set of tires, I will have to buy new tires in 2-3 years.
If I have dedicated summer and winter tires, I will have to change them in 3-4 years.
The 2 set of tires will give me added security in winter driving.

Last edited:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I am not sure if the 10th Gen Civic does this, but in my previous Civics, if the TPMS light is on due to super cold weather (or legitimate pressure issues), you cannot turn off the traction control. This has screwed me before in the snap moment you need to disable it, so you might want to try that out if your light is on at some point.
Sponsored