Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, why are your OTS tune's so expensive? Almost double to comparative competition on most platforms? At $250 and especially with a Type R I think I'd save just a bit more for a custom tune for my specific vehicle and more importantly my local gasoline quality.

You even raised your Accord 2.0T Stage 3 OTS tune 20% a month after launch with absolutely no one reporting back any insightful information nor data?
Our off the shelf tunes are priced at what we feel they are worth.
When we launch a new tune we typically launch it at an introductory price for a limited time.

There are plenty of people on the forum/facebook groups/youtube who will report our off the shelf tunes are a great value.

If someone rather opt for more expensive custom etune, we offer those too.

The difference in results between a custom etune and our off the shelf tunes for most basic applications is going to be margin-able. Therefor one of our off the shelf tunes would be a better value for most.
Sponsored

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
When we launch a new tune we typically launch it at an introductory price for a limited time.

There are plenty of people on the forum/facebook groups/youtube who will report our off the shelf tunes are a great value.

The difference in results between a custom etune and our off the shelf tunes for most basic applications is going to be margin-able. Therefor one of our off the shelf tunes would be a better value for most.
Appreciate your response John, I don't doubt your reputation or experience seeing you around for almost 20 years now.

Unfortunately we all don't have that Pinellas Park 93 and are stuck with 91 and no option to mix E85.
After (4) 10th Gen Honda's & numerous tunes, K.Control & gas quality has become my biggest enemy. I'm very interested in finding a stable 91 tune I can run hard, back to back with no extended cruising to bring my K.Control & power back.

Trying to find even decent gas cruising the back roads to St. Pete from Kansas is a struggle! KTuner's Stage 2 OTS tune on my last Accord 2.0T even struggled(0.80+) with Pinellas Park 93 with a gallon of E85 trying to keep up with the Tampa night life.

I will be coming back down soon hopefully. Maybe a conservative custom 91 tune is my answer?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag

I appreciate that you came out with this tune but I have some questions and reservations. Maybe you can put my and other’s minds at ease about some things. Ktuner and Hondata came out with two tunes built for the masses and they were developed by arguably the two most experienced Honda tuners in the world. A tune for the masses should have plenty of safety margin built into it due to varying fuel quality and other conditions. Your tune is making double of what these tunes are making and you still say that quality 91 octane can be used. Following Drob’s custom tunes on his FB page shows his custom dyno tunes topping out anywhere between 375 - 390whp on 93 octane for bolt on cars. How comfortable are you in stating that quality 91 octane can be used with this tune? Especially with Ktuner where we don't get a knock count and its hard to monitor knock. It just seems unbelievable that this tune would give so much power but yet be safe for many different and varying conditions like different mods, fuels and slight variances in engines.

How many Type-Rs have you collected data from with this tune?

Do you have any dyno plots that you can post of a stock or nearly stock type-r on this tune?

Would you say this the safety margin is more or less on a stock type-r vs a bolton type-r on this tune?

How aggressive are the partial throttle torque tables? Can they be modified by the customer?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
I appreciate that you came out with this tune but I have some questions and reservations. Maybe you can put my and other’s minds at ease about some things. Ktuner and Hondata came out with two tunes built for the masses and they were developed by arguably the two most experienced Honda tuners in the world. A tune for the masses should have plenty of safety margin built into it due to varying fuel quality and other conditions. Your tune is making double of what these tunes are making and you still say that quality 91 octane can be used. Following Drob’s custom tunes on his FB page shows his custom dyno tunes topping out anywhere between 375 - 390whp on 93 octane for bolt on cars. How comfortable are you in stating that quality 91 octane can be used with this tune? Especially with Ktuner where we don't get a knock count and its hard to monitor knock. It just seems unbelievable that this tune would give so much power but yet be safe for many different and varying conditions like different mods, fuels and slight variances in engines.

How many Type-Rs have you collected data from with this tune?

Do you have any dyno plots that you can post of a stock or nearly stock type-r on this tune?

Would you say this the safety margin is more or less on a stock type-r vs a bolton type-r on this tune?

How aggressive are the partial throttle torque tables? Can they be modified by the customer?
The peak power figures provided are on 93 octane in ideal test conditions with bolt-ons such as intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe, exhaust.

Over 8 different test vehicles were used. Some were on our dyno and some were done via email.

Quality 91 octane can be used with the tune. We did not dyno test any on 91 octane. 91 octane testing was done via etuning.

The torque tables are not refined to our liking. They are not adjustable by the customer.
A list of options is available on our website.

Dyno results of the Phearable stage 2 tune on a stock fk8:
Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable Tune for the FK8 phearablefk8stage2stock

Dyno results of a modified fk8 on 93 octane:
Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable Tune for the FK8 hfk8stg2

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Me just sitting here wondering if this is a safe tune with all the TQ....Really I have no idea?? I have heard tq over 350 could be bad...:dunno::dunno:

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Me just sitting here wondering if this is a safe tune with all the TQ....Really I have no idea?? I have heard tq over 350 could be bad...:dunno::dunno:
Torque management is definitely important and is definitely accounted for. Excess torque in the lower rpms has been avoided.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
The peak power figures provided are on 93 octane in ideal test conditions with bolt-ons such as intake, intercooler, downpipe, front pipe, exhaust.

Over 8 different test vehicles were used. Some were on our dyno and some were done via email.

Quality 91 octane can be used with the tune. We did not dyno test any on 91 octane. 91 octane testing was done via etuning.

The torque tables are not refined to our liking. They are not adjustable by the customer.
A list of options is available on our website.

Dyno results of the Phearable stage 2 tune on a stock fk8:
phearablefk8stage2stock.jpg

Dyno results of a modified fk8 on 93 octane:
hfk8stg2.jpg

Does the Hondata base tune really have that much of a dip, especially compared to stock mapping in the low range of the rpm band?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Does the Hondata base tune really have that much of a dip, especially compared to stock mapping in the low range of the rpm band?
Yes

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, the stock rods can handle 400 easy as long as it’s not made at a low RPM like 3000-3500.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag

Over 8 different test vehicles were used. Some were on our dyno and some were done via

When buying this tune, there is a box to list my current mods. Do the listed mods change the tune or is the tune exactly the same no matter what?

All I have is KN drop in and a Perrin intercooler

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
When buying this tune, there is a box to list my current mods. Do the listed mods change the tune or is the tune exactly the same no matter what?

All I have is KN drop in and a Perrin intercooler
Yes, the listed mods will effect what is sent to you. If you have specific questions please contact us via email on our website.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Stock CTR except wheels + tires- went from Hondata 93 octane basemap to Phearable- night and day improvement on the way the throttle responds, builds power, and the linear way the car pulls. 100% worth the money.
Sponsored