BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Anyone planning to get this? I have a flex fuel kit running a hondata base map, but would have jumped on this a few weeks ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Phearable stage 2 tune 77C7BBF6-45E6-405E-B7C3-348F38395A0D
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All you need is Hondata and that's enough mods. The base maps are not the best but they're pretty good.
I have that and run 25-30% e85. The power is pretty good, but not consistent. Iā€™m in south Florida so the IATā€™s get up there.
I was at least wanting to upgrade the intercooler. Thoughts?

WrenchMunky

First Name
Cisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #1589 PMM
Country flag
I am looking into getting this as I am running almost the same mods, only difference is I have a stage 1 PRL intake with K&N drop in filter.

FK8_Track_Pig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude, 2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1995 Nissan Micra
Country flag
Been waiting to get a custom flex fuel tune when I go back state side since there's no E85 here in Germany and closest fuel station with E85 is a few hours away in France. This looks like a temporary tune that will be interesting to try out. Currently running the Hondata 93 basemap and if those numbers are legit it should be a nice increase. I'll probably wait for others to try and review it first.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I have that and run 25-30% e85. The power is pretty good, but not consistent. Iā€™m in south Florida so the IATā€™s get up there.
I was at least wanting to upgrade the intercooler. Thoughts?
Just an intercooler isn't going to have a significant impact but I understand waiting. You need to seek out Derf Tuned.

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just an intercooler isn't going to have a significant impact but I understand waiting. You need to seek out Derf Tuned.
Iā€™m familiar with Derf tuned. Heā€™s local to me. I am leaning more towards an e tune with either d rob or Kefi

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone planning to get this? I have a flex fuel kit running a hondata base map, but would have jumped on this a few weeks ago.

77C7BBF6-45E6-405E-B7C3-348F38395A0D.jpeg
I may find your response in another thread but what did you go with tune wise?

I know Phearable2 tune isnā€™t compatible with Flex Fuel, youā€™d need their custom tune to work with flex.

Curious because Iā€™m FBO (PRL HVI w/street MAF, TIP, Catted DP, IC & Charge Pipes, AWE FP and Track Edison Exhaust, Kyrorad DC too) and think this tune seems awesome, right power at the right time.

Just ordered Phearable2 and Hondata.

Finally moving from RaceChip that on dyno got more WHP but less Torque, no controls or smoothing of any kind possible at user level an trails off power once VTEC kicks in. I will miss the any 3 of 7 tunes on the fly flexibility (from 315 to 407 hp) and that it alone didnā€™t j/b ECU. I only have 16k miles but am not satisfied with the ā€˜when tunes attackā€™ power gone wild feeling of upper tunes that come close to max OEM duty cycle.

John advised trying his tune (that is truly custom but works well for similarly equipped FK8s). I believe the truth is same config, same performance with fuel true octane being the variable will do wonders, I may stop there.

I run 93, usually Ethanol free and have no plans to go flex as nearest pump is 85 miles away. As he said, XDI pump, LPFP, drilled line, and perhaps drop in turbo upgrade like P600 PRL would be good choices but that extra 50-60 hp is hella-expensive.

Goal is reliable daily 400-450 WHP, not planning on methanol either so hardware upgrades may be in store.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I may find your response in another thread but what did you go with tune wise?

I know Phearable2 tune isnā€™t compatible with Flex Fuel, youā€™d need their custom tune to work with flex.

Curious because Iā€™m FBO (PRL HVI w/street MAF, TIP, Catted DP, IC & Charge Pipes, AWE FP and Track Edison Exhaust, Kyrorad DC too.

Just ordered Phearable2 and Hondata.

Finally moving from RaceChip that on dyno got more WHP but less Torque, no controls or smoothing of any kind possible at user level an trails off power once VTEC kicks in.
I have the hondata with the phearable stage 2, PRL HVI, PRL IC, RV6 catted downpipe.
I wouldnā€™t bother with a product like race chip or jb4 on this platform that ā€œtricks the ecuā€.
Very happy with the way the car performs. More than enough for public streets lol

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the hondata with the phearable stage 2, PRL HVI, PRL IC, RV6 catted downpipe.
I wouldnā€™t bother with a product like race chip or jb4 on this platform that ā€œtricks the ecuā€.
Very happy with the way the car performs. More than enough for public streets lol
I hear you on the RC. I was their prototype car for Type R and itā€™s a good solution for those not modding or wanting to be tuners to get more power, mine dynoā€™d +81 WHP with NBO,

I can truly say RC USA guys are great crew and this option might be good choice for LE owners since no warranty impact and gets real gains. I am frustrated that six months later the still havenā€™t released install or feature videos like other models, Germany says not a priority.

RC worth every penny for me, especially since I paid next to nothing for it.
Sponsored