Anyone running Phearable Tune for Type-R and have clutch slippage?

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, 07 AP2 S2000
Country flag
Just a question for all the guys who run the Phearable Stage 2 tune. I don't know if maybe the torque is much higher but I think I'm experiencing some clutch slip on my OEM stock clutch with approximately 27,XXX miles. Car has been driven daily and lots of "fun" driving on it. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

I've already ordered a new clutch from ACT full face that is able to hold about 440 lb tq. Just wondering if I spent money on this for no reason or if my mind is just playing tricks on me. S

I did try the clutch at low speed, higher gear and it was fine, no rev ups but I find low gear high rpm, when I get on her it just revs up, speed seems to be playing catch up and traction control is not going off so it doesn't seem like the tires are spinning / experience wheel hop.
Sponsored

skumar23

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship White Type-R
Country flag
Just a question for all the guys who run the Phearable Stage 2 tune. I don't know if maybe the torque is much higher but I think I'm experiencing some clutch slip on my OEM stock clutch with approximately 27,XXX miles. Car has been driven daily and lots of "fun" driving on it. Just wondering if anyone else had this happen?

I've already ordered a new clutch from ACT full face that is able to hold about 440 lb tq. Just wondering if I spent money on this for no reason or if my mind is just playing tricks on me. S

I did try the clutch at low speed, higher gear and it was fine, no rev ups but I find low gear high rpm, when I get on her it just revs up, speed seems to be playing catch up and traction control is not going off so it doesn't seem like the tires are spinning / experience wheel hop.
Have you looked through the datalogs to see if tc truly isn’t kicking in? Try hitting it in a low gear with high rpms with tc/vsa completely off (long press tc off in R mode or pedal dance) and see if it still does it.

Phearable stage 2 shouldn’t be making enough torque to cause the clutch to slip. It usually begins to slip at around 450wtq.

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
No issues here. Been on his tune a few months and get on it regularly. Have a buddy that went on to the MHI turbo on ethanol and clutch is still good.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm currently doing a custom tune (FBO) through Phearable, and in my datalog runs (full 3rd gear pull from 2k rpm to redline) I notice that traction control feels like it kicks in at peak boost. I could see why one might think this is clutch slippage, but if your RPMs aren't climbing quickly during the 'slip', then it's not clutch slippage.

20ls01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RRRRRRR
Country flag
Anyone know generally what power these stock clutches are good up to?

Its pretty impressive how much power it can hold while having a nice engagement and medium pedal pressure feel.

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Anyone know generally what power these stock clutches are good up to?

Its pretty impressive how much power it can hold while having a nice engagement and medium pedal pressure feel.
Clutches will be rated for torque and not hp, and I think ours holds up to about 450 lb*ft.

ObsidianSilence

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R, 2016 Veloster
Country flag
I seem to experience what you describe in 5th or 6th at low RPM (around 3000) if I floor it for a traffic maneuver, it feels like it would full send in first with tire spin, I.e. the rpms shoot up up no gains in speed like a burnout only I know I'm not spinning tires in 6th. I'm at 53k odo on the stock clutch, been on the phearable tune for 2 years now and it's pretty much always happened like that so I try to to do it.
Sponsored