Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
@phearable interested in the stage 2 tune for my type r. I am FBO with the Eventuri inlet pipe and intake. Am i good to go for the tune as i see no option for my specific intake? thanks in advance.
That is supported.
The MAF housing field is now a text field to reduce any confusion :)
Sponsored

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Okay... this is gonna sound pretty stupid.

I run a 93 hondata base tune on a 2018 and I love the changes it made to the car. One of the things I’ve noticed compared to my stock 2021 (minus intake) is the significant difference in fuel economy (getting noticeable better MPG with the hondata tune).

Phearable Comfort mode seems to play around with the tune to make it smoother and refined. Would I see a significant fuel consumption moving a 2021 to the Phearable tune? I don’t give a rats poop about fuel economy in sport or R since that’s for when it’s meant to be ripped on.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Okay... this is gonna sound pretty stupid.

I run a 93 hondata base tune on a 2018 and I love the changes it made to the car. One of the things I’ve noticed compared to my stock 2021 (minus intake) is the significant difference in fuel economy (getting noticeable better MPG with the hondata tune).

Phearable Comfort mode seems to play around with the tune to make it smoother and refined. Would I see a significant fuel consumption moving a 2021 to the Phearable tune? I don’t give a rats poop about fuel economy in sport or R since that’s for when it’s meant to be ripped on.
Fuel economy would be the same if the vehicle is driven the same.

Thatcurtisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Stock CTR except wheels + tires- went from Hondata 93 octane basemap to Phearable- night and day improvement on the way the throttle responds, builds power, and the linear way the car pulls. 100% worth the money.
Difference compared to the Hondata 93 octane tune?

FK8Dreams

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Z06, Lexus LX470
Country flag
There is a dyno graph on his website, “59hp and 39tq over Hondata base map.” Now of the base map is 91 octane I am not sure but it appears that the gains should be significant regardless. Hoping more people that have his tune chime in.

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
All I want to know is that if I buy this tune that my car will be faster than the Hondata 93 octane base map lol.
We should be slightly concerned with tunes like this. We have crappy gas in Canada and tuners don't really account for that unless they're local. I have access to 94 but our blend of gas is garbage and probably comparable to US 91. Correct me if i'm wrong.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
All I want to know is that if I buy this tune that my car will be faster than the Hondata 93 octane base map lol.
I've done no official testing just butt dyno. Definitely feels faster to me than the 93 Octane Hondata basemap. Cruising along at 55, downshift to 3rd and floor it, wait for turbo to kick in and the car is a bullet. 4th is insane too.

Last edited:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
We should be slightly concerned with tunes like this. We have crappy gas in Canada and tuners don't really account for that unless they're local. I have access to 94 but our blend of gas is garbage and probably comparable to US 91. Correct me if i'm wrong.
same to,those are picky on the basefuel used ....and 91 is very very litmit for our engine,350-360whp on 91 oem turbo is what/i do saw the most

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
same to,those are picky on the basefuel used ....and 91 is very very litmit for our engine,350-360whp on 91 oem turbo is what/i do saw the most
A classic case of what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

The other problem for us Canadian FK8 owners is finding good local tuners. Don't know any reputable ones in Eastern Canada. I trust our friends south of the boarder but like I said before. We have crappy gas and Hondata basemap is more on the safe side. :(

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
A classic case of what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

The other problem for us Canadian FK8 owners is finding good local tuners. Don't know any reputable ones in Eastern Canada. I trust our friends south of the boarder but like I said before. We have crappy gas and Hondata basemap is more on the safe side. :(
I agree, as a fellow canadian. Im running a basemap and will eventually get a e-tune to take into consideration our crappy petro 94. Im not sure if I would trust a 93 hondata map with our gas

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree, as a fellow canadian. Im running a basemap and will eventually get a e-tune to take into consideration our crappy petro 94. Im not sure if I would trust a 93 hondata map with our gas
Actually the 93 hondata map is probably safer. It runs the car more on the rich side. I'd love an etude but the only safe would be dyno tuning.

Anyone up for a group purchase? We'll fly a US tuner up here and tune all our cars. Lol
Sponsored