Kon3_Kilr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I use the Megane mostly for track (Nurburgring) , with a shorter shifter you got to reach further with your hand and with this big boy it's just near the steering wheel and it also gives a better feeling , it shifts a bit shorter and very precise..

Any chance you have more info or feed back on this shifter assembly? Havnt found much info in it and am very interested in learning more about that product.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Lol that would be a sweet height for a sequential shifter. To me the oem shifter is perfect. Plus I love how the housing sits higher up. After driving this a lot, if I go into my old Si it feels like I'm changing gears down on the floor since it sits much lower.

I have a pretty big palm so in my R I can rest my hand on the boot and my thumb still reaches over top of the knob. Not the ideal shift position, just a lazy one. I make sure not to rest my hand on the shifter if I'm not changing gears.

I might try a different shifter, or knob at least at some point, but the OEM has a pretty perfect feel to me all things considered. A whole different shifter could make it smoother, but it does flow really well as is. Definitely the easiest standard car I've ever driven, though that's mostly due to the clutch

OP
OP
dixie1

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renault Megane RS Lotus Exige V6 and soon Honda civic type R 2018
Country flag
I paid around 700 dollar for this shifter but I live in Europe , don't know what shippingcosts are to the USA and that you have to pay importtaxes.. Install is straight forward , no cutting or drilling , I even mounted a bigger shiftknob on it :drive:

Honda Civic 10th gen JB motoring shifter for the FK8... Shifter Honda

eee.ccc

First Name
Vale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 DC5, 2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
I paid around 700 dollar for this shifter but I live in Europe , don't know what shippingcosts are to the USA and that you have to pay importtaxes.. Install is straight forward , no cutting or drilling , I even mounted a bigger shiftknob on it :drive:

Shifter Honda.jpg
this is interesting. it looks very similar to the CAE but the CAE assembly requires cutting the shifter cables by exactly 12mm, making this a very attractive proposition.
did you use your stock shifter cables for the install?

OP
OP
dixie1

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
this is interesting. it looks very similar to the CAE but the CAE assembly requires cutting the shifter cables by exactly 12mm, making this a very attractive proposition.
Yes , no cutting needed for anything , straight swap.....

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
My exact thoughts. Being a bolt on with no mods does make this more attractive then the CAE.

OP
OP
dixie1

dixie1

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only a little shorter but very precise shifting ....

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Hmm, Interesting! - What's the purpose of the cable / tube running up from the base? Is it some kind of accessible adjuster?

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
just noticed this thread. Seems to look identical to CAE. Curious what the differences are? CAE you need to cut the shifter cables. JB you don't. But other then that - they look almost identical.

Can some with the JB or CAE post a YouTube video of it in use in a CTR?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
JB seems to be CAE "inspired" and the mechanism utilizes the same architecture, but the two shifters are not identical. If you look at the frame you can see that CAE is probably a lot more rigid as it has a plate acting as stiffening bridge, also CAE utilizes two base plates to further increase the rigidity of the whole assembly. From just looking at the pictures can't really say anything about the overall quality and tolerances on the JB, however CAE shifters are in general of exceptional quality, everything fits super tight, tolerances and slack are minimal and the frame is very rigid. Cutting the OEM cables and replacing plastic parts with metal also seems like a plus to me. Also - on the JB the shift knob seems to sit higher than on the CAE, which is probably overkill for any daily driving (the CAE knob height is already very high).

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I bet they would sell more shifters if they offered a "race" and a "street" version of different heights.