bikeman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback
Hey Everyone,
Mike here from southeast PA. I just picked up a 2018 Sport Hatchback, 6mt in Sonic Gray. I'm 45 and have been around the block a few times but this is my first Honda car. I drive a 16 Pilot and just paid it off and needed to add a vehicle since my daughter is off to college in the fall. I've always been intrigued with the Civic but always thought they were too small for me. I had no idea how roomy they are for a smaller car. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of leg and headroom.
Anyway I'd like to add an exhaust and an intake to start with. Looking forward to learning about this site and learning about my new to me car.

Mike
Sponsored

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone,
Mike here from southeast PA. I just picked up a 2018 Sport Hatchback, 6mt in Sonic Gray. I'm 45 and have been around the block a few times but this is my first Honda car. I drive a 16 Pilot and just paid it off and needed to add a vehicle since my daughter is off to college in the fall. I've always been intrigued with the Civic but always thought they were too small for me. I had no idea how roomy they are for a smaller car. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of leg and headroom.
Anyway I'd like to add an exhaust and an intake to start with. Looking forward to learning about this site and learning about my new to me car.

Mike
Welcome! Before the exhaust and intake, I would recommend grabbing a Ktuner from Phearable with the 1.5T or 1.5R upgrade. I can personally vouch that the 1.5R is so worth it! And if you do, add your car to the reliability thread here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

GTman does a fantastic job spending his personal time to moderate and update the thread with stats, and provides tuning guidance in case you suspect any problems. (You're welcome, GTman!?)

bikeman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback
Welcome! Before the exhaust and intake, I would recommend grabbing a Ktuner from Phearable with the 1.5T or 1.5R upgrade. I can personally vouch that the 1.5R is so worth it! And if you do, add your car to the reliability thread here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

GTman does a fantastic job spending his personal time to moderate and update the thread with stats, and provides tuning guidance in case you suspect any problems. (You're welcome, GTman!?)
Checking the thread out now. Thanks! I've got a lot to absorb. I like the idea of flashing. I have flashed the last 4 motorcycles I've had. Huge difference and no negatives at least in my experience.

Mike

ash.cvic

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Hello my name is Ashley. I have a 2020 Honda Civic LX ? I am puertorrican living in Texas ! I have had this car for almost 2 years now. Its all cosmetic mods and I wanna start doing some performance mods ? any suggestions on what to get !
2.0 cvt ?

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 5D52111B-E946-4ECC-B377-1F342AFEC884

Rallonce

First Name
Rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX CVT
Hello my name is Ashley. I have a 2020 Honda Civic LX ? I am puertorrican living in Texas ! I have had this car for almost 2 years now. Its all cosmetic mods and I wanna start doing some performance mods ? any suggestions on what to get !
2.0 cvt ?

5D52111B-E946-4ECC-B377-1F342AFEC884.jpeg
I wanna know what performance mods are worth on CVT if anyone can educate me on that I will be more than happy to listen. Ashley where'd you get these cosmetic mods? Are they good quality?

Rallonce

First Name
Rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX CVT
Hello y'all the 10th gen Civic has been my dream car for the longest time and I finally picked one up. It's a 2018 EX, CVT. It's my first CVT and I'm not the biggest fan of the transmisison but it'll do. One day I will upgrade to the Type R but in the meantime I would like to know if it's worth performance modding a Civic CVT? My hunch is a no, and if so that's alright. I'll stick to cosmetic!

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello y'all the 10th gen Civic has been my dream car for the longest time and I finally picked one up. It's a 2018 EX, CVT. It's my first CVT and I'm not the biggest fan of the transmisison but it'll do. One day I will upgrade to the Type R but in the meantime I would like to know if it's worth performance modding a Civic CVT? My hunch is a no, and if so that's alright. I'll stick to cosmetic!
K tuner with Phearable 1.5R tune is highly recommended to wake it up. It'll take your mind off the CVT. You can fairly safely add a CAI, intercooler, downpipe and exhaust system with no fear. It'll give you plenty to play with.

Rallonce

First Name
Rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX CVT
K tuner with Phearable 1.5R tune is highly recommended to wake it up. It'll take your mind off the CVT. You can fairly safely add a CAI, intercooler, downpipe and exhaust system with no fear. It'll give you plenty to play with.
Amazing information, thanks a ton.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LoganHTX

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Hey y'all! After my shitbox blew up on me, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on a red 2017 EX-T coupe. Only 18K miles on it, clean carfax, looks to be in great shape! It's in transit from Carmax right now, but pics incoming when it arrives. Glad to be here. Anything I should know as a new Civic owner, apart from what I've seen in the Stickies/through my own research?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey y'all! After my shitbox blew up on me, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger on a red 2017 EX-T coupe. Only 18K miles on it, clean carfax, looks to be in great shape! It's in transit from Carmax right now, but pics incoming when it arrives. Glad to be here. Anything I should know as a new Civic owner, apart from what I've seen in the Stickies/through my own research?
Welcome! Another RR! See the post above this. The link will tell you everything you need to know if you want to make your car a bit more fun.

Mitchbarry

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic lx
Country flag
Hi everyone I have a 2016 lx witch has the 2.0 obviously I wish I had the 1.5 t but I have what I have for now I think I know all the performance mods there is for it but I’m not 100% if anyone could list what they know that would be great thanks

typerspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 FJ
Country flag
Hey Everyone, happy to finally join this community. Have owned my Type R since December 2019, first year it was completely stock... then I realized all that has to change after my second track day. Since then I have done Spoon springs and rigid collars, wheels, Whiteline anti-lift kit, brakes and exhaust. Did plenty of track days and various time trials on this setup. Next I plan to do power mods and get the car tuned.... we will see how that goes lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210326_102510

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210711_182917

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! hm1djzgxawo61

Darkenbui

First Name
BobbyLee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Impreza STI
Hello all.
I been a die hard Subaru fan for the past 20 years. My fourth and last subaru, an STI, just died and the missus made me get a Civic.

16 March 2022, I just bought a 2018 Civic type R.

dominic_fk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Hello! I’m Dominic and I drive a 2020 Ex hatch. Recently, I was considering trading in the civic for a GTI, but after considering the reliability of a VW (and I guess the new interiors stink) I decided I would rather turn the civic in to the car I want. I love this car so much!!

Very excited to start working on my car. This is something I’ve never done before because I couldn’t afford it as a kid. Now that I’m an adult, I want to do everything I couldn’t before. no mods yet, but considering new wheels and tires as a first major mod.
Sponsored