Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Hi community!
I just got an 2020 EXL 1.5T Hatchback (1 month ago), and went for a road trip! wow! I love this car! the look, mpg and the comfort/smooth. I come from a Honda accord 2010 EX Coupe.
Any EXLers out here? I wanted to see if there were some EXL with Intake or any other mods?
I look to get some mods, what would you suggest?

I just did some windows tinting, looking to change the side markers to something more darker?
This is my car after the trip, love the color!!! Thank you all for your input!
Honda Civic 10th gen New here, any EXLers out here? IMG_20200603_183357
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
I would recommend going with a chrome delete around the windows, that will give the car a more aggressive appeal along with the tinted windows and darker sidemarkers :)

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Regular EX hatch here...

Side markers, led bulbs for headlights, chrome delete (as mentioned above, but with the hatch, you can actually buy the OEM plastic molding that’s on the sport/sport touring hatchbacks), wheels, lowering springs... endless modifications out there for civics.

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
I would recommend going with a chrome delete around the windows, that will give the car a more aggressive appeal along with the tinted windows and darker sidemarkers :)
oh, never thought of the chrome delete... didn't even know there was such mod..
Cool thank you!

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Regular EX hatch here...

Side markers, led bulbs for headlights, chrome delete (as mentioned above, but with the hatch, you can actually buy the OEM plastic molding that’s on the sport/sport touring hatchbacks), wheels, lowering springs... endless modifications out there for civics.
I'm very new to this would you have a quick link to that?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Danggg... that's pricey.. hahah which method have you done? do you post your work? or know of any good ones out there?

thank you!
I plan on using this kit. Just need to build up the courage to spend the money on it. They actually increased the price recently, was 389, or something like that.

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
I plan on using this kit. Just need to build up the courage to spend the money on it. They actually increased the price recently, was 389, or something like that.
Wow that's quite the $$$. But i'm sure it will look sick and worth it in the long run.

Do you know if companies that tint your car windows and wraps commercial vehicles, can do this kind of job?
reason I ask, the company i use to do the tint job was not able to finish the job (trunk windows) and i have to come back again for them to finish it, so in the meantime i could ask them to do it? (i think they screw up with their schedule that they were not able to finish on time, they were very very apologetic and wanted to keep their google/yelp reviews ratings up, so they've been super nice and accommodating to me). What do you think?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I was quoted over $400 from multiple tint companies to chrome delete with vinyl wrap when I had my sedan. Now that I have the hatch, I can just buy the OEM moldings, and do that myself.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't get why people black out the side markers. People do the opposite with older integra's and civics. They purposely get amber colored side markers. I never liked the black out side marker look. Makes the car look cheap, but to each their own i guess

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, congrats on the your new Civic hatch. Regarding the chrome delete, have a look on ebay or amazon for the pre-cut vinyl kit. It's fairly easy to install and even if it only lasts for a year or two (or more), you're not losing a ton of cash for the mod. I've had mine on for over a year, multiple car washes and it's still holding on.

As for LED bulbs, that's even easier to install. I have the Katana LED bulbs and again for over a year and no problems. They a big improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. Good safety and aesthetic improvement.

I also did the Lamin-X yellow tint for my fogs. These again are super easy to install. It may not be for you but honestly it's another good safety mod as well as for looks.

And my last suggestion: do a paint protection film on your hood and bumper before you start collecting rock chips. This will require a professional install but you will thank me for this down the road.

Enjoy the ride!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Holy cow. That is pricey. I think I'd drive around with hot pink trim before I spent $400+ on moldings.
Definitely keep going back and forth with spending that much. I know I can just do vinyl for a small fraction of the cost, but my biggest worry is what happens when it starts peeling? How much of a pain in the ass is it to remove/re-apply?

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
I don't get why people black out the side markers. People do the opposite with older integra's and civics. They purposely get amber colored side markers. I never liked the black out side marker look. Makes the car look cheap, but to each their own i guess
looking at the entire car aesthetic the darker option mesh together with the front bumper and entire color of the car. But anyways.. that should be under the owner's preference. I just don't like the orange popping out of the blue or "darker color" shade..
Sponsored