Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Definitely keep going back and forth with spending that much. I know I can just do vinyl for a small fraction of the cost, but my biggest worry is what happens when it starts peeling? How much of a pain in the ass is it to remove/re-apply?
I do agree with what you are saying.. i wonder how long these last depending on the quality of the material...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Hey, congrats on the your new Civic hatch. Regarding the chrome delete, have a look on ebay or amazon for the pre-cut vinyl kit. It's fairly easy to install and even if it only lasts for a year or two (or more), you're not losing a ton of cash for the mod. I've had mine on for over a year, multiple car washes and it's still holding on.

As for LED bulbs, that's even easier to install. I have the Katana LED bulbs and again for over a year and no problems. They a big improvement over the stock halogen bulbs. Good safety and aesthetic improvement.

I also did the Lamin-X yellow tint for my fogs. These again are super easy to install. It may not be for you but honestly it's another good safety mod as well as for looks.

And my last suggestion: do a paint protection film on your hood and bumper before you start collecting rock chips. This will require a professional install but you will thank me for this down the road.

Enjoy the ride!
Silverrascal, thanks a lot for your welcoming post and the input!
Why not put HID bulbs instead of LED bulbs? or that what you meant?

also, wouldn't the film eventually burn or shade away? I had a yellow film before on my accord and it eventually burn due to the bulb heat. Maybe it was a bad quality film?
But definitely would love to get the fog lights yellow! (maybe get yellow HIDs?)

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
I don't get why people black out the side markers. People do the opposite with older integra's and civics. They purposely get amber colored side markers. I never liked the black out side marker look. Makes the car look cheap, but to each their own i guess
The blacked out side markers I have are amber lights, they are just tinted on the outside, literally the same light lol

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I do agree with what you are saying.. i wonder how long these last depending on the quality of the material...
Iā€™ve been told 4-5 years, depending on how much the car sees the sun.

and to answer your question on your next post... Iā€™ve never used HIDs, and I went back n forth on HIDs or LEDs for my civic, and in the end went with LEDs, which have you until now, have worked out great. Iā€™ve read too many posts about unreliability with HIDs. Bulbs or ballasts burning out, which I donā€™t want to deal with.

I also have yellow laminx film on my fogs for aesthetics, as well as protection from rocks/road debris. Had em on my sedan for about 10 months with no issue, and have em now on my hatch for about 3 months. Iā€™ve heard the yellow is a little less prone to burning than the clear. Laminx has a 5 year replacement warranty.

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
The blacked out side markers I have are amber lights, they are just tinted on the outside, literally the same light lol
Interesting! Then why would you get $50+ side markers when you can tint it with <$10? other than changing the type of blinks?

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Iā€™ve been told 4-5 years, depending on how much the car sees the sun.

and to answer your question on your next post... Iā€™ve never used HIDs, and I went back n forth on HIDs or LEDs for my civic, and in the end went with LEDs, which have you until now, have worked out great. Iā€™ve read too many posts about unreliability with HIDs. Bulbs or ballasts burning out, which I donā€™t want to deal with.

I also have yellow laminx film on my fogs for aesthetics, as well as protection from rocks/road debris. Had em on my sedan for about 10 months with no issue, and have em now on my hatch for about 3 months. Iā€™ve heard the yellow is a little less prone to burning than the clear. Laminx has a 5 year replacement warranty.
yeah.. mine weren't the laminix films... 5yr replacement warranty is not bad... i'll prob give them a try! because i like the fogs yellow! Also did u guys put LEDS fogs too for stronger lights?

I think i will be looking into LEDs now...

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
LEDs with yellow laminx will have a green tint. You can get yellow leds with the laminx, it looks really good... I had yellow LEDs, but one failed after a few months, so I went back to stock halogen bulbs.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Danggg... that's pricey.. hahah which method have you done? do you post your work? or know of any good ones out there?

thank you!
Yeah, buy the black moldings for $400+, bottom spoilers, then LED headlights, reflect on how quickly this shit adds up, then sit down and read the list of other things the Sport Touring has standard.... and ask yourself the question: why didn't I buy this in the first place? :hmm: ;)

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex-l
Country flag
Hi,
Congrats on the car. Just picked up my EXL last Friday. Love it so far. As far as mod's I ordered led's for hi, lo , and fog's but haven't gotten them yet. . I would like to black out the window trim also and maybe change the badges to the type R. Trying hard not to get carried away too soon with mods but this might be tough. lol!

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, any EXLers out here? 20200612_183529(1)

OP
OP
Kimochero

Kimochero

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EXL 2020
Hi,
Congrats on the car. Just picked up my EXL last Friday. Love it so far. As far as mod's I ordered led's for hi, lo , and fog's but haven't gotten them yet. . I would like to black out the window trim also and maybe change the badges to the type R. Trying hard not to get carried away too soon with mods but this might be tough. lol!

20200612_183529(1).jpg
Welcome to the EXL club! haha and Congrats! Where have you ordered your LEDs from?

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex-l
Country flag
Welcome to the EXL club! haha and Congrats! Where have you ordered your LEDs from?
Amazon. I went with Hikari 2020 for low beams, Hikari 9005 for high beams and Katana H8 mini for fog lights. There's a bunch of threads on here with recommendations for led's. I spent a day reading through them.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Silverrascal, thanks a lot for your welcoming post and the input!
Why not put HID bulbs instead of LED bulbs? or that what you meant?

also, wouldn't the film eventually burn or shade away? I had a yellow film before on my accord and it eventually burn due to the bulb heat. Maybe it was a bad quality film?
But definitely would love to get the fog lights yellow! (maybe get yellow HIDs?)
The HID vs. LED: I used to have HIDs in my last Civic but I wanted to try LEDs this time. I like the instant on from the LEDs and frankly the bulbs are nothing to install plus real inexpensive compared to HIDs. The tech has improved, too. Very satisfied with my LEDs.

The lamin-x film: yes, I have heard about some owners having the film burn or turn color over time. I've had mine on for about a year and so far so good. It may happen but the ease of install and removal make this a non issue for me. There is an OEM LED kits that some owners installed - should look at that!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sedan Sport
Country flag
do you know of anyone who has an EX hatchback gone thru this route? Thanks!
Just wrap it lol, wrap is super strong and will last a very long time. Spending that much money on something like that is stupid
Sponsored