New Here? Introduce Yourself!

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Greetings from the MidWest. Just picked up my 2018 EX in Aegean Blue w/ 36k on it totally stock. Looking for a car that will out live me. My intent is to add some look good doo-dads and some semi-luxury items but not much in the drivetrain. I commute nearly 2hrs a day and coming out of an old clapped out former state patrol Crown Vic this thing is primo. Oh, and it matches one of my bikes. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210915_173210
Sponsored

Leaton

First Name
Leaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS Hatchback 2021, Phoenix Orange
Country flag
Hello, I'm Leaton hailing from Perth, Western Australia.

I'm a first time owner of a Honda Civic RS Hatchback 2021 of which I will be picking up this Friday the 24th from my car dealership. They had to ship the car over from east side by boat which would explain the waiting I had to do. That car was the last available car of the right colour for sale due to 11th gen moving in this month.

Went for the RS as it was the trim I wanted and with a couple of added accessories from the dealership (Auto dimming rear view mirror and leather gear stick), would match the highest LX trim barring Garmin SatNav and all windows button.

Garmin SatNav might have been great back in 2000/2010, but not anymore as Apple map and Google map can do same navigations via "Directions" and the all four windows button is such a trivial feature.

On top of that, Phoenix orange colour, race style pedals and 18" wheels are exclusive to the RS (RS = Sport Touring for American version), so RS wins out as my first choice.

Had dealership (other than the two I mentioned in the above paragraph) add tints to my window, add paint protection (Civics have very thin paint), Boot liner, of which I will replace with WeatherTech later on, Illuminated door garnish/sill/scuff guard (shame that there is no phoenix orange version, just red or blue)

I was aware that the lights were not LED with the execption of rear rego plate light, brake lighs in the rear spoiler and day lights, but that did not worry me as that can be easily changed.

- Ordered the complete set of Lasfit LEDS of which I should recieve at the end of next week or sometimes the week after. 100% LED lighted car ?. Switch back fog lights is the bomb, so nice to have option of both white or yellow. (Like that taco ad with the little mexician girl saying "Why not both?" ?)

- Tried to feature out how to make a nice phone holder that stays out of the way meaning no vent mounts, no windscreen suction mounts, no putting the phone in the console to charge it up either by cable or wireless pads cos I want to use that area for cards, keys and whatever else.

Had a great idea and ordered Nikumotors RHD mount bracket (Video Video) and ordered a Limitless 3.0 Aramid Fibre WIreless Charger Pad which has an M4 hole in the back to be attached to a Mouse charger stand.

I used double sided adhesive pads and some loctite for a small M4 bolt for alley keys and the result is absolutley beautiful. Magnet is very strong as it is designed to be used with Mouse phone cases.

I wonder how long the distance is between the bottom of my custom phone holder and the usb plug, I'm betting it is around 30cm/1 feet.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! imgonline-com-ua-collage-2wtfFrYtsIgcc

- Car dealership also include Dashcams, so I picked Blackvue DR 750-Gold 2CH (1CH is one camera, 2CH is two camers, one front and one back) which is a dealership exclusive version of Blackvue DR 750-Plus, difference is Gold is 2k at 60fps and Plus is 1080 at 60fps

- I wanted to use Carplay while wirelessly charging my phone, so ordered Ottocast U2 of which I will use two sided adhesive pads to stick it on the bottom console and use bluetooth on my phone to auto connect.

- Universial OEM 4G LTE Dongle with SIM card mobile WiFi modem, European version of which I will put in the centre arm rest usb to provide internet to my dashcam, car and any other things such as tablets, etc.

- I had a lot of trouble finding a good floor liner for my car as most of the awesome ones are actually LHD and Australia is the same as the UK, RHD ?.

Neverless I found an Australian business called Bodyline that is in partnership with WeatherTech and finally could purchase myself an RHD version! Won't be getting it for about 4 weeks, maybe more, cos Bodyline needs to let WeatherTech in America know and wait for them to fab it before shipping.

- Bought myself a pair of custom slimline (euro sized plates) car rego plates with my name which, amazingly, was actually available. Ordered rego plate backing plate and rego plate cover surrounds

Great meeting all of you folks! ?

Last edited:

Jeffb.88

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hello, my names Jeff.

New 2019 civic Si owner. I actually downgraded from a 2.0 accord exl. (I know some of you are calling me stupid for that.)

But I test drove an Si and fell in love with it.
I had a few mods on my accord (flex fuel, DP, intercooler, custume tune). But I grew bored with it. Strange? I've always been a fan boy of Hondas. But this is my first Civic.

I still have my ktuner v2, so I might flash it later. But right now I'm just taking it slow.

Just wanted to say Hi, and thanks for the add.

Any suggestions on first mods for newbies?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, my names Jeff.

New 2019 civic Si owner. I actually downgraded from a 2.0 accord exl. (I know some of you are calling me stupid for that.)

I had a few mods on my accord (flex fuel, DP, intercooler, custume tune). But I grew bored with it. Strange? I've always been a fan boy of Hondas. But this is my first Civic.

I still have my ktuner v2, so I might flash it later. But right now I'm just taking it slow.

Welcome! My first suggestion is to get that Ktuner unlocked and flash the ecu ASAP. With one of the OTS tunes. You won't regret it.

old yeller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit, 93 Miata, 88 Samurai
Country flag
Hello all! Just noticed my account got approved - while I technically don't own a 10th gen I am taking care of my girlfriend's car while she's in BCT/AIT for the next 6 months or so. It's a 2021 Sport 6mt in Sonic Grey Pearl -- plan is to fix the bumper before she gets back from AIT but there are huge backorders from Honda at the moment. A big chunk of ice flew off a semi last winter and took out a chunk of the bumper; needs a new bumper face, fender liners, front wiring harness and then the left front impact sensor. Luckily I'm able to do that myself, just getting the parts is the issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210918_155126

reloaded316

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatch Sport (1.5T / 6MT)
Country flag
Hello all! Adam here from Northern Virginia, USA and second time Honda owner. Just purchased my second Civic in May (2021 Sport Hatch / 1.5T / 6MT). I previously had a 98 CIvic EX (5MT) back in the early 2000s. Thanks to the admins for allowing me to join!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! InkedIMG_5882_LI

I've really appreciated all the content since finding these forums last month. Within the next year, I'm planning several mods that should help optimize and let the car "breathe" a bit better. I just installed the 27WON CAI last week and I could definitely tell how it opened things up.

In any event, looking forward to reading and sharing!

DarrenCX

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Hey, all! Darren here and we'll be checking this 2017 Type R soon. Great to see lots of mod ideas around.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, my names Jeff.

Welcome!

Two things:

1. Head on over to the Si mod sub-forum! Good gang in there.

2. Ktuner for sure, which you have, but the next mod should be an 'CTR+ shifter upgrade': A 2020 CTR shifter + Acuity Stage 2 kit. All the details are here! Bested only by Ktuner in cost-benefit, this is the next best 'bang-for-buck' mod for the Si.

Questions welcomed! There's a TON of experience on here. And please be sure to contribute to GTman's tune thread after your Ktuner'd. :cool:

matthew sutton

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Volkswagen Jetta GLI
Country flag
Hi
I'm matthew
I'm @mikes210 son, he has a 2018 Lx Hatch
We went Tail of the Dragon '19-'21 so you might know me from there.
If your going to Tail of the Dragon in 2022, watch out. I'll have my driver's permit then ; )

Ncwall

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey there. Brand new Honda /Civic owner here in AZ. Bought a 21 hatchback sport. Looking forward to getting to know the community and see the awesome cars

Denn

First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t coup
Country flag
Hi all, Daren here from Alberta, 2016 ex t coupe. Thought I might find some good experience on the forum. I do have a question.... I tried a muffler replacement (not a cat back) put on resonators in place of mufflers. Drone was so bad I started to to sound deadening, about 60% percent of car, which helped but was still there. Finally put stock mufflers back on. Am considering going towards Magnaflow or something similar but is this going to produce the same/or worse results? Thanks for input

Blasty

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 Sport Plus
Country flag
Hi from the UK. I'm Jay, I live in a small village near Goodwood. Bought my Sport Plus in May and have been stalking ever since. Previously owned an EV1 2005 (Civic Type S).
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! civic 3

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! civic 2