OP
happychanga

happychanga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
You may wish to ask your insurer if you can buy the car back from them and what that cost might be after they total it. Probably some still working great parts to keep around or sell ^_^

OR could be an epic project car...maybe a bit of an electronic nightmare, but still epic.

Personally, I have been eyeing up some totaled type R's that will be going to auction in the next few months for a potential project car >:)
That's cool man, It would be fun to have a project car but I live in an apartment and it's really inconvenient. I think the engine might still be good, I didn't start it so it's not hydrolocked.
Sponsored

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's cool man, It would be fun to have a project car but I live in an apartment and it's really inconvenient. I think the engine might still be good, I didn't start it so it's not hydrolocked.
Dang :'( Well I hope you save some part from it for a keepsake ^_^

OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Dang :'( Well I hope you save some part from it for a keepsake ^_^
The only thing I kept was her spare keyless entry key fob, I was gonna keep the shifter knob but the interior was soaked in sewage flood water and the smell was just unbearable. If it weren't for the pandemic and potential virus in the water, I would've just suck it up and take the knob off. I still got 5 oem continental tires and 1 oem rim that I got sell later.

Hypergolic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CR-V, 2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hydrology is my profession and I can't believe how high the Raritan got. It set records in several NJ cities, even surpassing the crests of past hurricanes Irene ('99) and Floyd (2011). Sorry about your car!! :( :( :( If there is any silver lining, it's that car values are inflated right now and maybe you could get close to 40k back.

mnvn4_hg.png

rrtn4_hg.png
these charts are insane! did you get these from some proprietary software or offline source? I would like to see stuff like this around me, I live in hurricane country near a river, info like this could help me make evacuation decisions. If this is publicly available could you share the source/link? (I see the NOAA watermark, doesn't mean this is easily accessible though)

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi everyone, hope all are safe from hurricane ida's wrath. Wife and I got out unscathed. I tried to start my type R when the police had us evacuated. But she was already in deep water, she just couldn't start, i even tried to push it, but the nose is on a slight decline and in just too much water.

This is my first time experiencing this, I filed a flood claim with Geico and waiting for an adjuster to come. My question is would this level of flood considered as totalled? Based on my observation, the water reached above the front wipers. Also, what would the overall procedure be? How much in return should I aim for. My R is 2018 model with 18000 miles.

Thank you all and hope everyone is safe!

Update: She is totaled. Insurance company gave me 37k after negotiating. I'm content with the amount, the only mod I spend money on were mudflaps. Can't believe how well it holds value. I'm also surprised on how fast insurance company processed the claim despite the massive damage Hurricane Ida brought. The apartment complex in front of my car has an underground parking lot, with tow trucks constant towing out cars covered with mud.

WechatIMG72883.jpeg

WechatIMG72873.jpeg

WechatIMG72894.jpeg

WechatIMG72865.jpeg

IMG_0230.jpeg

Found this little guy next to the mufflers, her spirit lives on.:)
I’m glad to see they came to a very reasonable arrangement for you <3 If you need a new type R we got plenty here in NC ;)