Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Glad you are safe, but am so sorry to see about your Civic :( Here are some kittens to hopefully bring a smile to your face :)

Also, I believe it depends on your coverage. I believe that if costs exceed 50% of the car's value then it is considered to be totaled. I am not sure how acts of God would be considered under such a policy, but there may be exceptions with it being a natural disaster.

Sponsored

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
I went through this but not with geico. It’s totaled. I suggest you look at other cars for sale comparable to yours in case the insurance company comes back very low. I was able to get them to come up based on me saying “No way i can replace it for that” and showing them listings.

Cartpusher

First Name
Cuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Where exactly are you from in Jersey Changa? I’m down by the beach and nothing happened here in South Jersey.

Purp.si

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3
Country flag
This happened to me in FL with hurricane Irma. Difference was my car was a lease. Insurance payed off the rest of the lease, so I was left with nothing and started saving up for a new down payment.
Sorry to hear about that and I hope you can get into a new R soon.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Man those pics made me so sad so I can only imagine how you feel. Real sorry for what happened to your CTR. Hope the insurance gives you a good price. Sometimes within the insurance estimate there is some wiggle room as far as how much they’ll give you. Just make sure to remind the assessor that the car was in really good shape and it’s no longer produced. Being that you had just regular insurance vs “stated value” insurance like for collector cars the value may not be market value high but you never know. Hope it all gets sorted out. Some people buy back the car from the insurance company but like the others said there’s a lot that is effected by the water and you might have electrical gremlins in the future.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Hi everyone, hope all are safe from hurricane ida's wrath. Wife and I got out unscathed. I tried to start my type R when the police had us evacuated. But she was already in deep water, she just couldn't start, i even tried to push it, but the nose is on a slight decline and in just too much water.

This is my first time experiencing this, I filed a flood claim with Geico and waiting for an adjuster to come. My question is would this level of flood considered as totalled? Based on my observation, the water reached above the front wipers. Also, what would the overall procedure be? How much in return should I aim for. My R is 2018 model with 18000 miles.

Thank you all and hope everyone is safe!

WechatIMG72883.jpeg

View attachment 309763

View attachment 309780

View attachment 309781

WechatIMG72873.jpeg

WechatIMG72894.jpeg

WechatIMG72865.jpeg
That is 100% going to be a total loss. Not only is the engine and trans probably full of water, but the insurance companies learned a long time ago that when a car takes on water, the electrical system has an endless list of unseen potential problems. It is not worth it to them to risk trying to fix something like this to only find even more problems/expense once the repair facility gets into it.

I know that is probably not what you want to hear, but it is reality.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Sorry about your loss. Hopefully insurance will cover it. Someone will revive your car. Give it a few months and it will re-appear on one of those no-name used car lots.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hurts my heart to see those pics, but more importantly you and your wife are safe and will live to drive another day. Do not, repeat do not, accept anything less than 'totaled' for your car.
Also, $ 35K is the minimum you should get. I paid $ 35K for a 2018 with 13,800 miles on it just over a year ago - and car prices as we know are up considerably. It may take more like $ 40 K now.
I am not in insurance, but to cover yourself, you might want to pull up and save several examples of a similar year and mileage currently listed in case the insurance company tries to lowball you.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for your loss, man. Unfortunately, this car is totaled. There are lots of risks trying to keep it given how high the water level was. There will be mold and such on top of damaged electrical components. Hopefully, Geico paid you handsomely to acquire a newer model of the CTR. You can watch the market for a certified pre-owned one or wait until the 2023 (or 2022) model comes out to get the 10th gen CTR for a cheaper price point.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
damn that breaks my heart to see. At least you are in one piece and the car can be replaced. Ill echo whats already been mentioned, do not like insurance rake you over and get what the market demands for that car.

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad everyone is safe. And I'm so sorry about your CTR, those pictures are painful to look at.
My sincere condolences, for your loss. It's a collective pain the FK8 community feels when one of their kind is lost, especially to something out of your control. It's like loosing a automotive sibling.
Hopefully you will find another one out there, sending some positve vibes and energy your way.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Another R to be sent off to the graveyard, maybe someone else will pick it up for cheap and restore it!
Yeah, I'm sure someone will restore the car to operable condition and sell it. That said - as much as I'd like a CTR - I wouldn't want to deal with the headaches that this particular car will inevitably present. That much water simply leads to too much damage. The salvaged title means it will (or should) be cheaper than similar cars of comparable model year/mileage - but just because somebody can make the car mechanically operational doesn't mean there won't be further issues down the road.

@OP - glad to read that no one was hurt, and hopefully insurance will take care of you.

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately it’ll be considered total loss especially with that much water. I wouldn’t recommend washing the dirt or anything off. Leave as is if possible.
I was at my mechanics today(I’m in nyc) and he was telling me he has adjusters telling him 2-4 weeks before they can come out to inspect some cars. Hopefully yours will come out sooner

OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

First Name
Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Glad you are safe, but am so sorry to see about your Civic :( Here are some kittens to hopefully bring a smile to your face :)

Also, I believe it depends on your coverage. I believe that if costs exceed 50% of the car's value then it is considered to be totaled. I am not sure how acts of God would be considered under such a policy, but there may be exceptions with it being a natural disaster.

Hahaha :)Thanks, feeling better now
Sponsored