Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Yeah, I'm sure someone will restore the car to operable condition and sell it.
Not necessarily.

States have different rules on the matter, but it will have at minimum a salvage title, which can't ever be returned to service in some states. Others (maybe all states) require "Flood Salvage", "Flood Damage" or similar on the title, which should scare off anyone. Some states that allow regular salvage cars to return to service specifically ban flood salvage cars permanently.

So depending on the particular state laws, this car may not ever be eligible to be returned to service.
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Just an FYI I did a Kelly Blue Book on a 2018 CTR with 18,000 miles in very good shape.

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first 1AF8D586-33B7-49FA-9467-F5DEE998C8F6

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Not sure if they use the trade in or private party value?

Honda Civic 10th gen Lost my civic type r to hurricane Ida, R.I.P my first 157BE96C-F678-439D-8E0E-EAD48F3BE09F

OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I'm glad everyone is safe. And I'm so sorry about your CTR, those pictures are painful to look at.
My sincere condolences, for your loss. It's a collective pain the FK8 community feels when one of their kind is lost, especially to something out of your control. It's like loosing a automotive sibling.
Hopefully you will find another one out there, sending some positve vibes and energy your way.
Thank you for your kind words! She will always have to special place in my heart. My first sports car, first manual.

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Thank you. It's floodwater from the raritan river in NJ, There are many cars flooded in my area, so I'm hoping the adjuster will come quickly because there will be raining in a few days, I don't want the debris on the car washed away and effect the adjuster's assessment.
put a tarp on it

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Thank you. It's floodwater from the raritan river in NJ, There are many cars flooded in my area, so I'm hoping the adjuster will come quickly because there will be raining in a few days, I don't want the debris on the car washed away and effect the adjuster's assessment.
Bro I live not too far from the raritan river. I feel for you my man. I hope insurance pulls through for you

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Try to start it to see what happens.
You can't hurt it anymore than it already is.

OP
OP
happychanga

happychanga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately it’ll be considered total loss especially with that much water. I wouldn’t recommend washing the dirt or anything off. Leave as is if possible.
I was at my mechanics today(I’m in nyc) and he was telling me he has adjusters telling him 2-4 weeks before they can come out to inspect some cars. Hopefully yours will come out sooner
Thank you! Insurance adjuster came by really fast, I was super surprised.

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Adjuster came before the rain came.
You may wish to ask your insurer if you can buy the car back from them and what that cost might be after they total it. Probably some still working great parts to keep around or sell ^_^

OR could be an epic project car...maybe a bit of an electronic nightmare, but still epic.

Personally, I have been eyeing up some totaled type R's that will be going to auction in the next few months for a potential project car >:)
Sponsored