BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
For those of you with the tune, is there anything you would want changed//unhappy with?

Ive already seen some people say the gas pedal is too responsive/sensitive
In sport and +R it is very responsive. Traction control works best with good tires, high horsepower front wheel drive can only do so much. I am changing to a 265/35/18 with a 200w compound shortly to mitigate excess spin.
Overall I’m very happy and when it hooks it boogies!

Edit: My traction control dilemma is a worn PS4S issue more than a tuning one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
For those of you with the tune, is there anything you would want changed//unhappy with?

I believe I saw one person who stated they felt the partial throttle torque request mapping felt aggressive.

That was one persons opinion.
Most love the way it’s configured.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
In sport and +R it is very responsive. If there was an option to cut it back a bit in sport mode I would. Also, the traction control doesn’t work for me at all. If the tires start breaking loose, it cuts the power on and off abruptly all the way to redline. Unfortunately I have to fully disable VSA (long hold) to get the best acceleration and even then it spins all the way to 7k but at least doesn’t buck and cut engine power.
Overall I’m happy.
What tires are you using?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What tires are you using?
Currently I’m on 255/40/18 PS4S. Granted they are pretty worn. I am ordering tires in the next couple weeks and leaning towards falken azenis 615 in 265/35. What do you think ?

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Currently I’m on 255/40/18 PS4S. Granted they are pretty worn. I am ordering tires in the next couple weeks and leaning towards falken azenis 615 in 265/35. What do you think ?
Ah, I have heard ps4s’s don’t do well when they are worn. I have yet to drive a car with falkens or talk to anyone who is running them. Perhaps asking the forum for their feedback on falkens maybe a good idea.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah, I have heard ps4s’s don’t do well when they are worn. I have yet to drive a car with falkens or talk to anyone who is running them. Perhaps asking the forum for their feedback on falkens maybe a good idea.
Yeah. The falkens have a softer compound tread ware of 200w. That along with the additional width should help a lot. People seem to like this tire. I’m in south Florida and don’t daily drive the R so I don’t need a all around good tire like the pilot sports. Just need max grip in dry.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Yeah. The falkens have a softer compound tread ware of 200w. That along with the additional width should help a lot. People seem to like this tire. I’m in south Florida and don’t daily drive the R so I don’t need a all around good tire like the pilot sports. Just need max grip in dry.
I have Advan Apex V601 265/35/18 (prob 380-390WHP'ish) and still have wheel spin. You prob will need to upgrade to those 200w tires.

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag

I am unhappy I didn't do it sooner. I can't imagine driving the car in stock form anymore. When it was stock I could stand it in comfort mode and would use that often for my highway trips to and from work.

Now with the tune, when I am in comfort mode, I miss the throttle response and smoothness of the car when it is in sport mode.

I only have an intercooler and PRL HVI so take that in account.

When I had an HVI I ran the hondata base maps and was happy with the increase in power.

Phearable tune and hondata's maps are not comparable. Phearable tune is a great value even if you are in stock form.

Hope this helps!

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You may want to check your spam folder for our email responses. We typically respond to emails very quickly.

Regarding your question; if you make modifications after buying the tune a revision will have to be purchased for the new modifications.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.
Yup it was in my spam folder. Thanks for that. I see there’s a tune revision you guys do.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Anyone try the flex fuel tune yet? That's my next move after tires.
Just get some feedback (or do a datalog) on your HPFP with your current tune. You may be at the limit.

I'm in the same boat and thinking about doing Flex Fuel. But think an XDI pump will likely need to be installed to get some good (and safe) gains with the flex fuel.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just get some feedback (or do a datalog) on your HPFP with your current tune. You may be at the limit.

I'm in the same boat and thinking about doing Flex Fuel. But think an XDI pump will likely need to be installed to get some good (and safe) gains with the flex fuel.
It’s possible. John @phearable does offer a datalog review when purchasing his flex tune for that reason. Some cars may handle e20 better than others.

bluebottle24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 R
Country flag
For folks in CA, how does this affect come smog time? Does tuning the ecu automatically fail our smog even when reverting to stock? Will they detect the car was previously tuned?

second Question. Does the 91 stage 2 tune cause the motor to run hotter? Car will be used as daily and hpde events so want to make sure the car stays coolest on track.

also Any pros and cons w going w hondata vs ktuner on a 2021?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
For folks in CA, how does this affect come smog time? Does tuning the ecu automatically fail our smog even when reverting to stock? Will they detect the car was previously tuned?

second Question. Does the 91 stage 2 tune cause the motor to run hotter? Car will be used as daily and hpde events so want to make sure the car stays coolest on track.

also Any pros and cons w going w hondata vs ktuner on a 2021?
You need to take it for a couple of drives after you flash back to stock.

For track use you're probably want to go aftermarket cooling. You'll probably be fine with stock cooling for daily driver tho.

Hondata
-traction control
-flex fuel
-jailbreak w/o sending in ecu

ktuner
-slow to no updates for fk8
-need to send in for ecu jailbreak or someone with hondata

jhokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Question for the 93 Octane Tune. If you're in an area where only 91 Octane is available, how does the tune react without causing knock in the engine? Is there a way to drive it with no issues (maybe comfort mode)?
Sponsored