Buddy Club Short Shifter for the Type R!

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag

this explains why the adapter causes more angle
Thanks, that explains a lot. I know this is all off topic but this is my last post :p

Alta has a cable "lockdown" that eliminates the even gear clicking noise in the housing similar to his zip-tie solution. Seems like it also provides support for the shifter cable via rubber o-rings. Could this reduce the wear on the shifter cable?

Honda Civic 10th gen Buddy Club Short Shifter for the Type R! {filename}

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those do not work on CTRs
They cause it to be have too much angle on the shift cable.
There is one by boomba for the transmission side, but I wouldn’t get that either.
A full shifter not only changes throw, but also gate spacing and centering action. Maybe @02SilverSiHB can share his thoughts on the later two
Sorry, I can't say for sure. I'm no expert on all that.

I went with buddy club for a few reasons (not in any order of importance):
1. Past experience on 3 other Hondas was great
2. Price (not paying almost 500 for acuity...don't see the point)
3. Full assembly (I don't like adapters, just how I am)
4. Shifter is slightly lower so my Honda Access knob isn't sitting so high anymore
5. Reduction in throw isn't too much to where I feel like it's over kill (I was more than satisfied with the current factory shifter...if it wasn't for the Honda Access shift knob, I'd probably never have bought a short shifter).

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats why i'm not sure why buddy clubs full shifter has separate part #s. Only thing you can really change is the centering spring and the shifter bushings. Maybe the rocker is different idk.
when I was looking around, I found conflicting info on other shifters...some said all civic models while other sites said it was specific...so it worried me...then when I did more searching, I stumbled upon buddy clubs info releasing...and was like, sweet, I'll just go with theirs.

Maybe someone base civic owner can buy my factory shifter and see if there's a difference :D but yeah, I can't see it in the pics/vids.

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@02SilverSiHB I can related to aftermarket knobs or any other knob sitting differently than factory. Only reason why I got the boomba lever to reduce the height of my Raceseng knob.

@tylermmorton I wouldn’t say it doesn’t help but I know it doesn’t solve the issue of the angle. I know the zip tie fix was to get rid of the clicking noise (from the short throw adapter) and help the cable not shift around as much. A full shifter or the boomba lever arm (which was a pain to install) is a better way to go if you want to reduce the throw on the CTR

Last edited:

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
@tylermmorton I wouldn’t say it doesn’t help but I know it doesn’t solve the issue of the angle. I know the zip tie fix was to get rid of the clicking noise and help the cable not shift around as much. A full shifter or the boomba lever arm (which was a pain to install) is a better way to go if you want to reduce the throw on the CTR
Thanks. I've sent emails to Alta and Acuity to possibly get more info on the issue. It will be interesting to see what they have to say. The reason I'm so concerned is because I installed the Alta adapter and cable lockdown this past weekend and I want to know if I should take it out this next weekend, lol.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been about a week so far and all is good with my buddy club shifter. Shifts are somewhat shorter, but not too much, which is a good thing for me, I didn't want them crazy short. Everything feels accurate and shifts smooth.

Feels great, zero issues.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious what's the difference between the type r shifter and the one for say an SI
nothing except length of shift rod. ctr is longer thus shorter throws vs si.