MegaCrash

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Whoops, I guess I missed that. So is the Street option still more aggressive than stock at partial throttle in the other gears, just not as aggressive as Race? Do most people take Street, or Race? I want aggressive mapping, but not so aggressive that I can't still be subtle with the throttle if I choose.
Just wanted to chime in: I have been running this tune in Southern California for a couple weeks now [over 100 miles, I don't drive much since I work from home lol] - did some datalogs and my numbers including knock all look great and the car of course feels great! I am currently on a tank of 91 OCT from Chevron.

Like many others, I chose the street throttle mapping and I love it! I personally think it's great for daily driving, sometimes I felt with the stock mapping in sport mode [the mode I usually drive in], I would have to push the throttle a lot when simply trying to pass a slow driver, now overall it feels smoother and effortless.

Also one cool thing about this tune is that the throttle mapping doesn't affect comfort mode at all, so if you wanted to just cruise on the freeway without the increased throttle response in sport/R mode, comfort mode will still feel normal [excluding the extra horsepower, of course!].
Sponsored

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I'm on Ktuner but am wondering if there is a big enough difference for me to bother switching to Hondata for this tune. Anyone have any opinions on this? Would the traction control be a big enough deal to bother with it?

I daily the car and do autocross on occasion.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
It would only be beneficial to switch to Hondata if you have a problem with traction, want to run a larger high pressure fuel pump or want to run a flex fuel tune. For better traction without a traction control feature, you can adjust your torque request tables to have less power. However, if you get the phearable "stage" tune you won't be able to mess with any part of your tune yourself.

Reactions: gxl

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
KTuner doesn't have a built in traction control mod for the FK8's? They do on the 1.5 turbo models.

Last edited:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking for more feedback on Street vs Race throttle mapping and whether the Start in R option is a good idea when getting the Race throttle mapping.

Only relevant mods are a PRL HVI, Whiteline rear motor mount insert, and upgraded tires (265/35/18 RT615K+ 200TW).

GreenMachineGTE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been on the Phearable Stage 2 tune for at least 5,000 miles, and I absolutely love it. I also have 8 track days on this tune, and have never run into any issues. There are guys out there in high horsepower cars that are shocked when a Honda Civic passes them on a straightaway. I have the throttle set to aggressive in my case, and I have FBO.
Sponsored