Buddy Club Short Shifter for the Type R!

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Jesus...first post about buddy club turned into acuity crap...now its boomba.
My bad to get back on track. You didn’t happen to get any side by side shots of the stock shifter and the buddy club one

**probably need to start a comparison thread for all options out there

Daveczrn

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Curious what's the difference between the type r shifter and the one for say an SI

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Curious what's the difference between the type r shifter and the one for say an SI
This is a good question since you would think a complete shifter would be interchangeable across the civic platforms. Maybe they did it to see what the buyer demographic looks like.
Or they made they wanted the Type R one to have a shorter throw than the other models.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Jesus...first post about buddy club turned into acuity crap...now its boomba.
welcome to the internet :D
considering the shifter is interchangeable like bbdave said it is hard to say. Only thing i can see that can be different is the centering spring or the shifter bushing?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance but why go for a $200 kit when you can get a 25-30% reduction in throw from any of the short shift adapters out there for $70.

https://acuityinstruments.com/products/acuity-short-throw-adapter-for-the-10th-gen-civic3
https://altaperformance.com/i-23439005-short-shifter-adapter-for-10th-gen-civic.html
Those do not work on CTRs
They cause it to be have too much angle on the shift cable.
There is one by boomba for the transmission side, but I wouldn’t get that either.
A full shifter not only changes throw, but also gate spacing and centering action. Maybe @02SilverSiHB can share his thoughts on the later two

**yes you can change the other stuff with other shifting upgrades, but a full shifter is one unit that takes care of it all

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Those do not work on CTRs
They cause it to be have too much angle on the shift cable.
Can you explain further? The media on the Alta adapter page is all photos of the Type R shifter. It says under their specification page that there's a 22% reduction in throw for 2017+ Type R applications.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance but why go for a $200 kit when you can get a 25-30% reduction in throw from any of the short shift adapters out there for $70.

https://acuityinstruments.com/products/acuity-short-throw-adapter-for-the-10th-gen-civic3
https://altaperformance.com/i-23439005-short-shifter-adapter-for-10th-gen-civic.html
because I don't like adapters. I like full assemblies. Why would you go with an adapter...no need to answer, but you get where I'm going...but probably not.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
welcome to the internet :D

considering the shifter is interchangeable like bbdave said it is hard to say. Only thing i can see that can be different is the centering spring or the shifter bushing?
They make two separate ones for the type r and the other civic models.
Same for acuity. My guess is either they're taking us all for a ride, or there is a slight difference in maybe how the full assembly bolts down at the bottom...maybe...

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Same for acuity. My guess is either they're taking us all for a ride, or there is a slight difference in maybe how the full assembly bolts down at the bottom...maybe...
Correction Acuity offers one full shifter for all 10th gen models. Their stage 2 kits (component combo) differ in that one has the short throw extension (Type R doesn’t support it)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
acuitys full shifter is for all civic models. it's not CTR specific.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag