Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you do a search on Autotrader, most of the Type R's still for sale are White and Gray. It's interesting to me that in my area in Texas, most of the dealers had White or Gray as well (those have sold). A dealer close to me is getting another Type R soon - of course it's White.

I'm thinking of just waiting for either the 2021 Type R's or even 2022 when the 11th gen Type R's come out.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
If you do a search on Autotrader, most of the Type R's still for sale are White and Gray. It's interesting to me that in my area in Texas, most of the dealers had White or Gray as well (those have sold). A dealer close to me is getting another Type R soon - of course it's White.

I'm thinking of just waiting for either the 2021 Type R's or even 2022 when the 11th gen Type R's come out.
I think I may have missed the boat by about 5 months or so when most of these dealers outside CA have been selling their units at MSRP or even less. I think the lack of stock and slow replenishment caused by the pandemic drove dealerships (not only on CA) to add markup on their inventories. As much as I would love to own one right now, there's more incentive to wait for next model with possibly better improvements overall and by then I would have earned enough to just pay a large portion of it off without being a slave to the bank.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Smart decisions honestly this year is a wash. I'm sure next year they would budge at MSRP

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Smart decisions honestly this year is a wash. I'm sure next year they would budge at MSRP
I'm certain that the pandemic will play a role in whether or not Honda's supply chains can provide the necessary parts needed to make such changes and if not, Honda will have to adapt to whatever is available for them to use. In Savageese's review on YouTube, they mention that the 2 piece rotors had to be adapted to its current design because of Covid related issues affecting the supply chain. I wonder what small tweaks would be added to the final year model. Maybe they put back a parking brake with a manual lever. ?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Germain Honda of Beavercreek in Dayton OH. I just cancelled the deal.
If you were ok with the deal, why cancel? If they would not move on the apr or bringing your own finance, ensure there was no early payoff penalty, buy the car then immediately get your own financing. Yes, that's a hassle but then the dealer apr really doesn't matter. And, based on what your stated credit score, setting up your own financing (course, you should have already done this if you are car shopping) should be straightforward.

EvolutionFK8

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
My bad- everytime I get an alert from cars.com, a Rallye Red pops up from their dealership. I should have noticed the pics were different as well. Contacted that place but I believe they too have a large markup and maybe it was you or someone else mentioned those guys were rude as well to work with. Not sure if your situation was the same as well.
No worries. Took a little back and forth, but they were ultimately pretty pleasant to work with. The only ridiculous thing was that they wanted a $3k non-refundable deposit to hold the car for me while I figured out when I could make the 4 hour drive to the dealership. I didn't pay it and drove up the next morning at 5am to arrive at the dealer by the time they opened. The sales guy I dealt with was named TC and super awesome to work with. I'm convinced he helped secure the deal.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No worries. Took a little back and forth, but they were ultimately pretty pleasant to work with. The only ridiculous thing was that they wanted a $3k non-refundable deposit to hold the car for me while I figured out when I could make the 4 hour drive to the dealership. I didn't pay it and drove up the next morning at 5am to arrive at the dealer by the time they opened. The sales guy I dealt with was named TC and super awesome to work with. I'm convinced he helped secure the deal.
I think the guy that was in contact with me was Guillermo Ramos.

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Not sure what’s all included, but Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville, MD has a Sonic Grey with a markup of $6,320.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like the car is gone. Someone must have paid the markup. As of this time, I don't believe there are any for sale in the entire state of Florida.
?‍♂ feeding old worn-out tires into the bonfire causing all the other buyers to suffocate from it's toxic fumes!

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Honda of Seattle in Seattle, WA is asking $5,000 ADM on a white one that’s arriving in September.

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback EX
Country flag
I just bought a 2019 CW with 1700 miles on the ODO for 34500 + tax on Carvana. I think its a decent deal. Can anyone confirm?
That's a good deal. I'm searching for one and even on Dealer Auction dealers are paying above 35k for used with higher miles

Moltisanti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram
Country flag
Great Lakes Honda in Ohio...uhhh. No.

Thank you for your response, we do have a markup on this vehicle however, it is due to the accessories that our dealership does equipped the vehicle with. I will post a list of the accessories for you below:

-Surface Science exterior and interior
-Diamond Fusion
-Pulse Braking System
-Door illumination Kit
-Window Tint
-Splash Gaurds

All accessories do come with a warranty as well.

This does bring the pricing to $42,950. Please let me know what your thoughts are and I am happy to help!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
What is Diamond fusion, and pulse breaking system?
Sponsored