Two little paint chips removing dealer sticker

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Damn man that sucks. I told my dealer when purchasing the vehicle, DO NOT stick anything anywhere on the car other than license plate covers. Fortunately they thought it was a bizarre idea to begin with, but other dealers in my area put huge stickers or worse, chrome decals, on their new cars.
Sponsored

supaaacharge98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
That sucks, when I bought my civic I made the dealer take off all the dealer stickers off the car so if it chipped they would have to take care of it. Dealer stickers are common area me to be on the back of the vehicle, and it is annoying so I feel your pain.

OP
OP
JDMJoe

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
Damn man that sucks. I told my dealer when purchasing the vehicle, DO NOT stick anything anywhere on the car other than license plate covers. Fortunately they thought it was a bizarre idea to begin with, but other dealers in my area put huge stickers or worse, chrome decals, on their new cars.
I was actually moving/driving from Alaska to North Dakota all whilst talking to a dealership in Illinois.. So honestly last thing on my mind was a dealer sticker :doh:
Wish I would have thought to tell them though!

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I would caution everyone in the future to NOT use a heat gun to remove these dealer decals. I've seen this happen a lot lately.

Get a plastic razor blade from Amazon or dental floss depending on the type of decal. It is harder and more work without the heat gun but way way safer. Then just microfiber, alcohol and elbow grease for any residue followed by some wax.

On these little areas I'd just try and get as much paint of the brush as you can without removing all of it and then lightly dab the chips with the brushes corner to protect that area for the future without creating a paint glob. Touch up isn't a perfect match but it will be close enough to not be noticeable on that small of an area.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
X2 for the Dr Color Chip. Next time demand the dealer remove the sticker. It's just free advertisement for them. When I buy a new car if the car is not delivered yet I make sure it is on the contract and signed for that there will not be a sticker applied. I bought a Honda Accord LXI years ago with this requirement. When I went to pick it up it had a sticker. I demanded to have the sticker removed. The Asst. Manager was not happy with me, but that's another story...

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do dealers do that!!!! Isn't the license plate stuck with the dealership brand enough?

Ziradon

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R GT in Racing Blue
Country flag
Got my brand new car 5th August and drove it directly from my honda dealer to the car detailer for xpel the front-end and glass coating.

On monday my car detailer called me. Clear coat damaged and two scratches after the removal of this damn big chrome dealer sticker next to the Type R sign on trunk.

Fortunately this part can removed from the trunk door and will be paint corrected. But it still sucks...

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I just let mine sit in the sun for a while and it came off pretty easily

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Dealer emblems and stickers are the absolute worst. Definitely recommend Dr Color Chip. Used it for a chip on my door from a stray highway rock and worked alot better versus the dealer touch up paint I bought for the other highway chip on my front passenger fender.

De-Solv-IT and an eraser wheel worked like a dream team for me removing the dealer sticker and rear emblems from mine.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Word of advice:

always have the dealer remove the sticker on the paint (Common in Ohio where I lived for 6 years, and now FL for 6 years) That way if the paint is chipped.... or peeled.... the dealer needs to fix it! #Lifehacks
Sponsored