Additional Dealer Markup (ADM) Dealer List

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Excellent idea!

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
Lol. What a double standard. There's nothing wrong with negotiating thousands of dollars below MSRP, but people throw a fit if something is a hot enough product that a dealer can get over MSRP...

Most dealerships will probably sell them for MSRP if they aren't too limited on production. If they are limited, a lot of dealerships will price them up to what the market will bear. Why should they sell one for MSRP to you, if they can get $1,000 more from little Johnny down the street?

There was a little under 10,000 GT500 made for the combined 13-14 model. It took quite a bit of shopping around to find a local place that would let me order one for MSRP. My closest dealer was charging $10,000 over sticker...

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Yeah, I don't get all of the hate for Dealers in terms of the Type R. Don't get me wrong, Dealers are often awful, awful organizations, but the Type R is different. The problem isn't the Dealers but Honda itself. Lets say they make 2,000 units for the next year or so (and that might be very high) and there's a demand for 50,000+ people to buy it. What do you suggest? If you were a dealer and getting ONE Type R for the year, would you sell it at MSRP?

As long as they are upfront about it, there's nothing wrong with it. MSRP stands for Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price. Would you prefer that Honda choose its most favorable customers to get a Type R? Should it be that whoever waits in line at the dealership first for a week ahead of time gets to buy it?

That's just the way it goes. Dealers don't have unlimited availability. They can't just take an order for 1,000 people to buy it at MSRP.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
Lol. What a double standard. There's nothing wrong with negotiating thousands of dollars below MSRP, but people throw a fit if something is a hot enough product that a dealer can get over MSRP...

Most dealerships will probably sell them for MSRP if they aren't too limited on production. If they are limited, a lot of dealerships will price them up to what the market will bear. Why should they sell one for MSRP to you, if they can get $1,000 more from little Johnny down the street?

There was a little under 10,000 GT500 made for the combined 13-14 model. It took quite a bit of shopping around to find a local place that would let me order one for MSRP. My closest dealer was charging $10,000 over sticker...

having bought enough cars to know that dealers are scumbags. Yeh you can sell a car for under invoice, you'll make a tidy profit. There are kickbacks and incentives to push the cars. Not even including all the BS processing fees dealers charge and the big profit is in the financing, in my state of VA every dealer charges 750dollars for every car sold. I'm' with Tesla in selling direct.

Last edited:

shakeb0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Tesla Model S, 11 Honda Insight

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
I'd suggest instead that you create a spreadsheet of people that HAVE ordered a Type R, what price they paid and where they got it from.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I like the spreadsheet. The way it's titled, it's not a knock to the dealers, just information. If it's within reason, some people will pay the ADM, like me. Everything's a double standard these days, because we all have opinions. The dealers loves it, the buyers hate it. Just like when people sell things, they state "no low ballers", but when they buy things, they always ask for the lowest...:hmm:
Sponsored