Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
There was a boost blue inbound here a week ago, told buddy who is looking to reach out before they posted it.
They couldnt give him an exact price but told him to make an offer lol

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Sonic Grey
Country flag
Wow they upped the price. It was $40,450 a few days ago. They just called me a few hours ago saying that the buyer backed out.

I’m willing to bet that’s just MSRP with mark up. They probably have other stuff on top of that price.

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I finally decided to pull the trigger on a type R here is what I've gotten so far:

Gary Smith Honda (FL): 10,000 ADM
Airport Honda (TN): 5,000 ADM
Columbia Honda (MO): 5,000 ADM (no vehicle on site)

I feel like purchasing this vehicle is going to be way more effort and monies that I originally bargained for.
MSRP is out there. I’ve been at it for a bit and finally agreed to a black one in North Carolina. I’m going to pay the shipping company >1k, so if my local dealers would’ve had any in stock I would’ve set my max of ADM/“accessories” at 1k.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Wow they upped the price. It was $40,450 a few days ago. They just called me a few hours ago saying that the buyer backed out.
The buyer's paperwork went through- this one is gone already according to the dealership as of early today.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Being the initial buyer of that BB car, I had to back out because I remembered that im soon going to have to park that car two blocks away from my house due to the driveway being reserved by my sister and dad. Dont make me regret this.....

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Being the initial buyer of that BB car, I had to back out because I remembered that im soon going to have to park that car two blocks away from my house due to the driveway being reserved by my sister and dad. Dont make me regret this.....
New cars should always have the priveledge. Now if your sister was younger, maybe you have the edge, but Dad's spot is always Dad's spot. What's in the garage (if you guys have one that is)? Problem I have is no garage, only carport, 1 assigned space and street parking, all visible from my unit. Only nemesis I have to deal with parking in the assigned spot is a pine tree that drops all kids of pine needles everywhere and also large bird crap droppings.

The area where you and I live, only the fortunate probably can afford to have a garage attached to their homes (Fremont around the Mission Peak area got nice houses with large garages).

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
New cars should always have the priveledge. Now if your sister was younger, maybe you have the edge, but Dad's spot is always Dad's spot. What's in the garage (if you guys have one that is)? Problem I have is no garage, only carport, 1 assigned space and street parking, all visible from my unit. Only nemesis I have to deal with parking in the assigned spot is a pine tree that drops all kids of pine needles everywhere and also large bird crap droppings.

The area where you and I live, only the fortunate probably have a garage attached to their homes.
Mom's car is in the garage. My sister drives a '19 4runner full of after market crap. She gets absolutely psycho about protecting her car.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mom's car is in the garage. My sister drives a '19 4runner full of after market crap. She gets absolutely psycho about protecting her car.
Time to get a bigger house- 3 car garage LOL. Ya, that would be an issue. Her car is just a baby. Do you always find yourself in a situation fighting for premium parking spot spaces in front or nearby the house with your neighbors? I think it would be difficult now that mostly everyone is WFH and all the cars hardly ever move at all.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Time to get a bigger house- 3 car garage LOL. Ya, that would be an issue. Her car is just a baby. Do you always find yourself in a situation fighting for premium parking spot spaces in front or nearby the house with your neighbors? I think it would be difficult now that mostly everyone is WFH and all the cars hardly ever move at all.
The closest street parking is 2 blocks away. We live in a HOA with no street parking allowed.

gclancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R Championship White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For 2020 CW Type R
- Lake Elsinore Honda $5k markup, pro pack is the only add ons
- Norm Reeves Honda West Covina, $5k markup, no add ons

Moltisanti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram
Country flag
Live with mom and dad and buying a 40k car. That doesn’t compute to me. Save your money and move out.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Live with mom and dad and buying a 40k car. That doesn’t compute to me. Save your money and move out.
He probably use to rent in San Francisco and the rent is $5k a month for a 1 bedroom so he moved back with mom and pops. So he's saving $5k a month and living life now.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just wanted to know their initial process when you negotiated with them.
Dealerships will always play games to try and maximize the sale of the car and if they can't get it in the front end, the finance guy will do his best at the very end.
Sponsored

Last edited: