JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
I used a heat gun to heat the dealer sticker and slowly peel it off. Worked like a charm and once all the residue was off I noticed two little paint chips where the sticker was. I didn’t use a razor blade or anything for that matter, just my hands. I went to the Honda
Honda Civic 10th gen Two little paint chips removing dealer sticker C4B373FB-6466-4332-858A-BB3766AE77D3
dealership here and ordered a thing of PMM correction paint.

Any recommendations on how to apply the correction paint to the two spots the best? Talked to a body shop guy while I was there and he said it will never be perfect, even after the correction paint you will definitely be able to tell it was touched up.
Sponsored

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never seen a dealer sticker anywhere but on the window!!

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Was this a used or brand new car? if it was used it seem like they were trying to cover up existing paint damage because I have never seen a dealer sticker on anything other than windows before

OP
OP
JDMJoe

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
I've never seen a dealer sticker anywhere but on the window!!
Was this a used or brand new car? if it was used it seem like they were trying to cover up existing paint damage because I have never seen a dealer sticker on anything other than windows before

I bought new. And yes the dealer sticker was there, under the Civic badge. I wish it was on a window.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man ... I would have a major beef with that dealer that's for sure!!

OP
OP
JDMJoe

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
Man ... I would have a major beef with that dealer that's for sure!!
haha for sure. But I flew to another state to get it and drove home 800 miles..
So really nothing I could do with that dealership.

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
Same thing for me. Honda seems to have used extremely thin or cheap paint. I removed my Civic logo off the left rear and it took off 3 small paint areas as well. Nothing the dealer will do, which I wouldn t expect, but just sucks. Had to touch em up with OEM CW paint from the dealer. Can't really tell unless you're close up but just sucks cause I know they are there. May order a complete new trim piece. Havent decided yet. Dont think the dealer was being sneaky just think the paint is cheap...unfortunately.

OP
OP
JDMJoe

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
Same thing for me. Honda seems to have used extremely thin or cheap paint. I removed my Civic logo off the left rear and it took off 3 small paint areas as well. Nothing the dealer will do, which I wouldn t expect, but just sucks. Had to touch em up with OEM CW paint from the dealer. Can't really tell unless you're close up but just sucks cause I know they are there. May order a complete new trim piece. Havent decided yet. Dont think the dealer was being sneaky just think the paint is cheap...unfortunately.
Man.. well I’ll have the correction paint soon hopefully it turns out decent. And yea the worst part is that YOU know whatever imperfection is there :doh:

chriser0

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Im guessing the heat is what did it. Not uncommon to see dealers put their logo on a car around me. Can you feel the chip with your nail? it appears youve pulled the clear off the base (color paint) as the E coat on these is grennish tan.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
OP what about smart repair if it's gonna play on your mind? Easily gonna get that sorted for not that much

Not sure if it's an option with you but got smart repair package from Honda when got the car. 6 call outs a year....I am on first name terms with the dude :)

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can hardly see it, just leave it.

OP
OP
JDMJoe

JDMJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR #26226
Country flag
@chriser0
Yea I can feel it with a nail. It’s like an indent where the paint is just straight missing.

@sean465
I didn’t know this smart repair existed I’ll definitely look into it thanks!

@thatonedaveguy
Darn I already have the correction paint ordered, maybe I won’t use it but it’ll be nice to have around I guess.

@OrchidFc3
unfortunately it’s all I see when I look at the back for some reason :confused:

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
I suggest looking at the product Dr. Color Chip.

Really easy to use and very helpful in concealing small chips like that as long as your expectations on it are realistic (e.g. outside of going to a professional, it will not be 100% perfect).

If you are patient with the application of it, you may be able to repair those chips to a point where it is only noticeable when you really look for it.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In many states it is a common thing to have dealer stickers on the back. Here in Cali this is not a thing which I'm thankful for.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
In many states it is a common thing to have dealer stickers on the back. Here in Cali this is not a thing which I'm thankful for.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Thankfully it isn't a thing here in Washington either or I've just been lucky
Sponsored