DUVAL_TypeR

First Name
DUVAL_TypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
New to the forum and proud new owner of a used 2019 FK8(only the second owner). Always wanted a type r have not been disappointed. One cosmetic issue I have is a hole in the front spoiler. I have no idea how someone could have done this. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I could patch it? Make it look better? Fix it?
Honda Civic 10th gen Hole in Type R front spoiler 1000001476
Sponsored

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Buy the mugen front lip kit from kings motorsports, paint it black, and youā€™ll never know about the hole.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You donā€™t want another stock type r lip. Itā€™s expensive and itā€™s not easy to get. Your best bet is to buy a lip that fits over it. If you want a cheap fix. Some type of black silicone can fill that in.

OP
OP
DUVAL_TypeR

DUVAL_TypeR

First Name
DUVAL_TypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
You donā€™t want another stock type r lip. Itā€™s expensive and itā€™s not easy to get. Your best bet is to buy a lip that fits over it. If you want a cheap fix. Some type of black silicone can fill that in.
Debated this. Have concerns of how it will look against the carbon fiber looking back

OP
OP
DUVAL_TypeR

DUVAL_TypeR

First Name
DUVAL_TypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Buy the mugen front lip kit from kings motorsports, paint it black, and youā€™ll never know about the hole.
Trying a more affordable solution but is a solid option. Would cost me $767(including shipping).

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
DUVAL_TypeR

DUVAL_TypeR

First Name
DUVAL_TypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks like something was mounted there. See the wear ring around the outside?

I would look to fill it. IMO not worth hundreds of dollars to give it a better fix.
I've never used this, but it looks promising; Amazon.com: Versimold, Versatile and Moldable Silicone Rubber, Perfect for DIY Fixes and Projects, Cord Fix Putty, Repair Putty, Hand Moldable Compound, Made in USA (Gray) : Automotive
Thanks for the suggestion. What would someone mount on the fender like that? Maybe I'll get it to complete look lol. I am at a loss at what it could have been.

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
Ill sell you my stock one in a few months....going real carbon all around. Working on interior now so i cant help just yet

OP
OP
DUVAL_TypeR

DUVAL_TypeR

First Name
DUVAL_TypeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ill sell you my stock one in a few months....going real carbon all around. Working on interior now so i cant help just yet
Sounds great!

Message me when your ready.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. What would someone mount on the fender like that? Maybe I'll get it to complete look lol. I am at a loss at what it could have been.
No idea! Tried to figure it out. Maybe a Go Pro, but it would not have held. Curb feeler? People do wierd things :)