SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
I am looking for advice on how to remove the mid spoiler on the Type R so i can get the rear window retinted again. My guy won't touch the car unless i pull the wing. Dealer installed the tint, did not remove wing, did a two part tint, the lower part is peeling.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow. Much more involved than just four bolts. thank you for this!

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Holy crap thank you for this video! I went and got tinted today and the guy said they tried doing it with that mid spoiler on and it would cooperate right up until about 3 defrost notches from the bottom and then went to hell. He said he didn't want to touch it and if I could find out how to do it then to notify him and he could take care of it. I sent him the link to this video. :D Lifesaver!

OP
OP

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Holy crap thank you for this video! I went and got tinted today and the guy said they tried doing it with that mid spoiler on and it would cooperate right up until about 3 defrost notches from the bottom and then went to hell. He said he didn't want to touch it and if I could find out how to do it then to notify him and he could take care of it. I sent him the link to this video. :D Lifesaver!

Sounds like you have confident tint guy. My tint guy won't touch the spoiler, I literally have to remove it myself.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
My tint guy who's tinted at least 10 cars for me had no problem. Not in two pieces. Didn't remove anything. I really don't understand what people are talking about.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Sounds like you have confident tint guy. My tint guy won't touch the spoiler, I literally have to remove it myself.
My tint guy watched the video and said he honestly didn't want to touch it lol. I have a car guy friend who I've trusted with my previous vehicle and would let him take the mid spoiler off. Tint guy was honest and I really appreciated it, once I get the thing off I'll take it back to him to tint.
Sponsored