ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got my Awe exhaust track edition installed on Saturday For my 2019 Type R, the exhaust sounds amazing! Deep tone and aggressive when full throttle, however, I’m hearing sound rattles coming from the back normally when I shift at around 3000-3500 rpm it sounds like loose changes rattling together. I tightened the clamps, repositioned the exhaust in case it was hitting the heat shield, but sadly I still hear it. It’s normally when I’m shifting up. When my windows up I don’t hear it, only when my window is down. Any other suggestion on what might it be?
Sponsored

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag
I've got the AWE Track Edition exhaust as well. I haven't had any rattles. Something that I did was that I missed the center hole on the grommet & put the stud through the upper opening. May be worth checking. Hope you figure it out

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've got the AWE Track Edition exhaust as well. I haven't had any rattles. Something that I did was that I missed the center hole on the grommet & put the stud through the upper opening. May be worth checking. Hope you figure it out
Okay thank you for the suggestion! I’ll definitely take a look at it once I get home from work!

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
I had rattles with mine and it turned out to be the front pipe hitting the heat shield. you can actually go through the engine bay and bend the heat shield up a little rather than jacking the car up again!

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had rattles with mine and it turned out to be the front pipe hitting the heat shield. you can actually go through the engine bay and bend the heat shield up a little rather than jacking the car up again!
I have tried this and sadly the rattle is still there... I have notice the rattles only happens when I let go of the gas at 3000-4000 rpm with the windows down, I don’t hear anything when the windows up, and the rattle disappear as soon as I step on gas.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
OK so crazy but bear with me here. so me and my 2 buds all had after arket exhausts on our Rs. Different brands. All of us had drone and or increased vibrations at 3100 to 3500 rpms. Something with the harmonics of the car hits just right at those rpms. It might be a panel or any other number of things rattling at that rpm. WHat I did was had a passanger ride in the back seat and had one side down. they listened for the sounds as i drove around and hit that rpm range. I bought some foam and put in the places that rattled and eventually stopped it.

what kind of rattle? is it metalic? or like a wire buzzing against a plastic panel? where does it sound like its coming from? maybe we can help you narrow it down? I know on mine after my exhaust was on the the plastic shroud around the inside of the back hatch, the one with the handles in it, was vibrating against the metal. Took me awhile to find that one as the sounds really dont "come" from one direction.

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
OK so crazy but bear with me here. so me and my 2 buds all had after arket exhausts on our Rs. Different brands. All of us had drone and or increased vibrations at 3100 to 3500 rpms. Something with the harmonics of the car hits just right at those rpms. It might be a panel or any other number of things rattling at that rpm. WHat I did was had a passanger ride in the back seat and had one side down. they listened for the sounds as i drove around and hit that rpm range. I bought some foam and put in the places that rattled and eventually stopped it.

what kind of rattle? is it metalic? or like a wire buzzing against a plastic panel? where does it sound like its coming from? maybe we can help you narrow it down? I know on mine after my exhaust was on the the plastic shroud around the inside of the back hatch, the one with the handles in it, was vibrating against the metal. Took me awhile to find that one as the sounds really dont "come" from one direction.
okay we just did some testing, tried having my friend sit in rear passenger with only 1 window down negative sound in rear. We did right passenger and he said he can hear rattling but only when window is down. We had him come out and i drive pass him with me letting off the gas at around 3000-4000 rpm and he said he can hear rattling in the right front of the car. It sounds like a bunch of coins rattling together. I have looked at my heatshield with the front pipe I saw that it was touching a bit I adjusted it but still having that rattling.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
okay we just did some testing, tried having my friend sit in rear passenger with only 1 window down negative sound in rear. We did right passenger and he said he can hear rattling but only when window is down. We had him come out and i drive pass him with me letting off the gas at around 3000-4000 rpm and he said he can hear rattling in the right front of the car. It sounds like a bunch of coins rattling together. I have looked at my heatshield with the front pipe I saw that it was touching a bit I adjusted it but still having that rattling.
HUmmm. OK does it sound like this? If so then the new harmonics created by the exhaust are rattling the front dust shield. Those things rattled on mine at certain rpms so I made this video clip. The dust shields on Hondas are always a pain :) if not Ill keep thinking. I hate rattles :) oh its the rear wheels in the video cause was easier to get my hand in there but fronts vibrate the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
HUmmm. OK does it sound like this? If so then the new harmonics created by the exhaust are rattling the front dust shield. Those things rattled on mine at certain rpms so I made this video clip. The dust shields on Hondas are always a pain :) if not Ill keep thinking. I hate rattles :) oh its the rear wheels in the video cause was easier to get my hand in there but fronts vibrate the same.

Ahh I checked this out and unfortunately this was not it either, i went and email awe just to see if maybe it was the exhaust and they pointed out that, they are sure that it’s not the exhaust, but the wastegate, the sound only happens during decelerating, and sounding more like jingling sound

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahh I checked this out and unfortunately this was not it either, i went and email awe just to see if maybe it was the exhaust and they pointed out that, they are sure that it’s not the exhaust, but the wastegate, the sound only happens during decelerating, and sounding more like jingling sound
Interesting, the wastegate is in the top front of the engine compartment though not down by the drivers wheel. Isnt that where you said it was coming from?

Sorry I wasnt much help I tried. let us know if you find it.

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Interesting, the wastegate is in the top front of the engine compartment though not down by the drivers wheel. Isnt that where you said it was coming from?

Sorry I wasnt much help I tried. let us know if you find it.
Yeah thank you for your inputs and reply! And I l sorry if I said driver side, from what we did recently with me driving past him he said he heard it from the right front of the car more, I’ll probably reassemble the exhaust today retightened clamps hopefully it works.

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Yeah thank you for your inputs and reply! And I l sorry if I said driver side, from what we did recently with me driving past him he said he heard it from the right front of the car more, I’ll probably reassemble the exhaust today retightened clamps hopefully it works.
Ryudo, I sent you a DM and thanks for reaching out to us. I wanted to drop the LINK to our Installation Instructions as I find it helpful to scan these and make sure I did everything right when I'm having issues. Check my DM and let's figure this out.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Letting off of the throttle and coasting at certain RPMs you can hear coins or keys rattling. Pretty sure it's the wastegate, which is near the front right side (passenger). Have to really pay attention to it with the windows down, and I guess once you hear it you can't unhear it.

FWIW I have this and I don't own an aftermarket exhaust.

Pennywise

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had rattles with my touring as well. Took it to the shop several times with no success. At the end, the shop told me that the exhaust clamps weren’t keeping the exhaust in place. After the exhaust heated up, they gave in, causing the rattles. My shop recommended welding the whole thing together and we did. No more rattles. Love the exhaust; hated what I went through to be able to enjoy it.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
Great Insight and feedback from everyone on this post. Getting my HKS legamax installed this upcoming Tue was wondering if there was anything I should look out for if vibration sounds are heard.
Sponsored