ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Great Insight and feedback from everyone on this post. Getting my HKS legamax installed this upcoming Tue was wondering if there was anything I should look out for if vibration sounds are heard.
I think the main thing to look out for from my experience in installing the exhaust is the clamps tightened, hangers properly secured, and also the heat shields not touching the exhaust.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ryudo437

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I had rattles with my touring as well. Took it to the shop several times with no success. At the end, the shop told me that the exhaust clamps weren’t keeping the exhaust in place. After the exhaust heated up, they gave in, causing the rattles. My shop recommended welding the whole thing together and we did. No more rattles. Love the exhaust; hated what I went through to be able to enjoy it.
I reinstalled everything made sure the clamps were tightened heat shields bent not touching, and so far no rattles! Exhaust sounds great and aggressive!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the follow up @ryudo437, this is really helpful for the community. We install these systems all the time at AWE Installs located at our HQ, and just did one yesterday. We've never had rattles but admittedly would be the most experienced place on the planet installing our own products. As a consumer, I've had things installed by reputable shops that just weren't done properly as well.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread. We will all get better through sharing these experiences and it helps AWE figure out if we are missing key tribal knowledge pieces and should be adding them to in the installation instructions, etc.
Sponsored