First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 10th Gen
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just got into the Civic game after buying my Civic hatch.

I saw some cool mods via Instagram and decided: Why not?

First it was a window visor, then a cool bumper, some side skirts, and a little tuning later, here I am.

But I'm curious, there's so many sick builds out there like yours.

So why did you start? Why are you passionate about building your Civic?
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had other expensive hobbies and they were becoming less of a convenience for me.
Now I build this car just to beat Corvettes and Mustangs with 2-3 times the displacement and to make boomers question their foolish old ways.
$20k later and still trying to beat grandpa!

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

Unngabunga

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had a 2000 Si that was stolen while I was still building her up. My 10th gen Hotnessā„¢ļø is the culmination of that dream reclaimed.

Prompts the Q: whatā€™s Grandpa got?
Holy.... the build is smokin' hot.

Sounds like you guys had the money and the dream.

I mean every build is unique, the community is a nice touch too. Crafting the dream build is what gets me goin, if you know what I mean ;)

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dont have an si anymore but ive always had offroad trucks and built them for wheeling and camping. needed a daily and found the si and since i dont leave anything alone i did some fun mods (can see what she looked like in the old build thread) then called it good for awhile but then in the end i sold the car off because of insurance cost. now i just mod my 98 civic coupe for a track toy thingy.

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
I had other expensive hobbies and they were becoming less of a convenience for me.
Now I build this car just to beat Corvettes and Mustangs with 2-3 times the displacement and to make boomers question their foolish old ways.
$20k later and still trying to beat grandpa!
Good stuff

OP
OP

Unngabunga

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i dont have an si anymore but ive always had offroad trucks and built them for wheeling and camping. needed a daily and found the si and since i dont leave anything alone i did some fun mods (can see what she looked like in the old build thread) then called it good for awhile but then in the end i sold the car off because of insurance cost. now i just mod my 98 civic coupe for a track toy thingy.
Oh man Yurei was rocking. Those side markers are clean as f*ck.

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm just a cheap-ass tinkerer at heart - I'm curious about how shit works and how I can improve things without breaking the bank. My Civic was the first car that let me do that, coming from an HR-V (nothing to tinker with) and an Audi A3 (expensive ass replacement parts).

Unfortunately for my wallet, the Civic just has so many relatively cheap ways to bring big improvements, and in the process of thinning out my bank account I learned a lot about how cars work and how these things are engineered, at least at the surface level.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
5th civic. Been modding since my celica.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a lead foot when I drove my '92 Toyota Paseo in high school, but I didn't know shit for working on cars other than oil changes, brake pads, and changing a tire.

Got my 2002 Civic and wanted to learn to actually do stuff on cars. That, and The Fast and the Furious released a couple months before that, so that just fueled my interest in dicking around with cars. Joined 7thgencivic.com (later renamed to civicforums.com where I'm still active) and learned from there. Joined the Navy and got more mechanical training (specifically for nuke plants, but a lot of the theory and know-how translated over), and that GI check was disposable income for mods. Dicked around with that car for 15 years, becoming the go-to for a lot of friends and family for car help. A few different suspension setups and combos, few different intakes, a few different sound systems, turbo at one point, then got the confidence to do my own head gasket change because that $1500 price tag I was quoted was too rich for my blood, and $500 in parts and 3 days of downtime sounded so much more appealing.

Waved the white flag on the 2002 when a failed head gasket went from bad to worse, then picked up my 2018. Vowed to keep her stock, and that lasted all of a couple months. That's when I learned that I can't own a car (much less anything modifiable -- 3d printers, pew pews, you name it) without modding it.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I always wanted a 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback but never had the chance to get one at reasonable price :/ after totaling my 2019 Toyota corolla I decided to step in a 2021 Honda civic hatchback sport and thus started the beginning of my Tuning until it got totaled and I got a sport touring. Love the car ever since get many head turns when you hear the sweet shhhhh from the cobra cai.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had an RSX 15 years ago that was totalled in a hydroplaning accident. Only had the car for 1 year but I loved modding it, especially since I beat NFS Underground with one too šŸ˜‚

Anyways, my 2019 Si let me continue my passion for modding Hondas/Acuras! There is such a HUGE market for parts that I would never be able to keep the car stock lol