Top 10 Things You Should Know Before You Start to Modify Your 10th Gen Civic

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
Figured something else out people may want to know, You know how this car doesn't do the courtesy lights thing when you unlock with the keyfob so you can see the car at night like every other car on the planet and just only has an adjustment for how long the lights stay on after you shut the car off, well if you have your headlights set in the AUTO position then you use Remote Start to crank the car then Unlock with the KeyFOB the headlights will come on with the unlock.
Was remote start standard on some models? I don't recall that being an option for the Si.

But then again it's probably not offered for standard/manual transmission. (Ive witnessed a newly painted GSR back in the day smash into a wall because it was left in 1st gear., And remote started... It was brutal watching it overcome the e-brake and grunt all the way to the wall.
Sponsored

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Was remote start standard on some models? I don't recall that being an option for the Si.

But then again it's probably not offered for standard/manual transmission. (Ive witnessed a newly painted GSR back in the day smash into a wall because it was left in 1st gear., And remote started... It was brutal watching it overcome the e-brake and grunt all the way to the wall.
EX-T's and I'm sure Touring's have it as standard equipment I can't speak to the Si but I'm also fairly certain I've seen people on here with manual transmissions talk about using their remote start so I think it is available on manuals now. I'm sure in the nearly 15-20 years since the aftermarket came up with the remote start idea companies have figured out a better way to lock out the start if the car is in gear.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
15-20 years since the aftermarket came up with the remote start idea companies have figured out a better way to lock out the start if the car is in gear.
Ah I see and good point!

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah I see and good point!
I also heard a story about an Si Hatch (when Honda switched the Si to the hatchback only in the early 2000's with the stupid shifter halfway up the dash thing instead of in a NATURAL hand position) that suffered a similar fate of the dumbass owner leaving it in gear instead of using the parking brake then cranking and doing the same thing, Why don't Manual owners just use the parking brake? I know depending on which way you are angled putting it in gear will work, and which gear depends on if you are uphill or downhill but you know whats easier, just pulling up the damned lever that is designed to hold the car regardless of which direction you are pointing. That was my thought process when I had my 90 DX Hatch (you now back when a DX wasn't the crappiest option because it was a 5 speed while the base model was a 4 speed manual).

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I also heard a story about an Si Hatch (when Honda switched the Si to the hatchback only in the early 2000's with the stupid shifter halfway up the dash thing instead of in a NATURAL hand position) that suffered a similar fate of the dumbass owner leaving it in gear instead of using the parking brake then cranking and doing the same thing, Why don't Manual owners just use the parking brake? I know depending on which way you are angled putting it in gear will work, and which gear depends on if you are uphill or downhill but you know whats easier, just pulling up the damned lever that is designed to hold the car regardless of which direction you are pointing. That was my thought process when I had my 90 DX Hatch (you now back when a DX wasn't the crappiest option because it was a 5 speed while the base model was a 4 speed manual).
I'm paranoid about the parking brake sticking to the rotor if the car sits for several days in wet weather, or the pads could also transfer a thin layer of material unevenly if I clamp down the parking brake while the rotors are hot. For those reasons, I minimize the use of the parking brake and usually only use it if I'm parking on a hill. On mostly flat surfaces, the engine is enough to hold the car in place.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm paranoid about the parking brake sticking to the rotor if the car sits for several days in wet weather, or the pads could also transfer a thin layer of material unevenly if I clamp down the parking brake while the rotors are hot. For those reasons, I minimize the use of the parking brake and usually only use it if I'm parking on a hill. On mostly flat surfaces, the engine is enough to hold the car in place.
I use my parking brake at home and at work and i'm an auto, I also leave the parking brake on my Trailblazer on all week while i'm driving my Civic monday thru friday, i've done this with all my cars for the better part of the last decade, never had an issue with the PB sticking.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I use my parking brake at home and at work and i'm an auto, I also leave the parking brake on my Trailblazer on all week while i'm driving my Civic monday thru friday, i've done this with all my cars for the better part of the last decade, never had an issue with the PB sticking.
That's good. Usually if my cars sat for a week or two and we had a few rain storms, the pad would stick to the rotor until I gave it a bit of gas to unstick things.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
This is a great thread. Just learned a lot about my 10th gen just from this. Thanks! Definitely will be following your YT channel as well.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a great thread. Just learned a lot about my 10th gen just from this. Thanks! Definitely will be following your YT channel as well.
Really happy to hear that man. We like sharing the knowledge we have.

1981CBX

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Touring Coupe (owned) 2018 Accord base model (leased) 1981 Honda CBX motorcycle
Country flag
It’s a good read as well. I realize that this does not apply to the GDI engine that we have now, but many of the things we have questions about are answered in this book. I noticed that after I tuned my civic with a few add-ons is that by common sense apparently I fell into place with the things that one should do to get some horsepower out of a Honda. that being said, after blowing an engine on a 2017 Honda civic touring coupe, replacing it with a used engine from a junkyard and adding the W1 big turbo, I’m still having fun. There’s some interesting dynamics that come with the W1, but when it finally gets stacked it will spin your wheels all the way out to there. ? ?? Better hold onto your steering wheel and your drivers license!

Honda Civic 10th gen Top 10 Things You Should Know Before You Start to Modify Your 10th Gen Civic D15C5689-185B-4C85-8FB3-9C31E33200B8

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a good read as well. I realize that this does not apply to the GDI engine that we have now, but many of the things we have questions about are answered in this book. I noticed that after I tuned my civic with a few add-ons is that by common sense apparently I fell into place with the things that one should do to get some horsepower out of a Honda. that being said, after blowing an engine on a 2017 Honda civic touring coupe, replacing it with a used engine from a junkyard and adding the W1 big turbo, I’m still having fun. There’s some interesting dynamics that come with the W1, but when it finally gets stacked it will spin your wheels all the way out to there. ? ?? Better hold onto your steering wheel and your drivers license!
Have had this book for a while. Its a good read.

SupraGuy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turbo
Country flag
When I first looked at my '18 sport, I did note the noise, looked it up and saw that it was normal for GDI. "But this much?" I asked myself. Honda mechanic who inspected it said "Yeah. That much."

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I first looked at my '18 sport, I did note the noise, looked it up and saw that it was normal for GDI. "But this much?" I asked myself. Honda mechanic who inspected it said "Yeah. That much."
they are pretty dumb loud lol
Sponsored