Why did you purchase Civic EX trim over Corolla?

Mukbang818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Country flag
Corollas are virtually bullet proof, even with lackluster maintenance they will still drive forever. But they're yawn boxes. I will give Toyota credit for making the current gen Corolla look a little more appealing aesthetically, but mechanically Toyota has been using that same 1.8 litre engine for more than a decade. The only update being the ECO engine.

The only advantage Corolla has over Civic is price. Toyota is much more aggressive when it comes to rebates etc;
Sponsored

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks initially. Corolla has that big open mouth grill in the front. Not my taste. The civic literally turned my head in traffic, had to know what it was. Went to the dealer and couldn't stop looking at it. The corolla did not appeal to me looks wise at all. The civic had all the features I wanted (mpg, looks good from all angles, Honda sensing, heated seats, remote start, etc).

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
I went from a 2007 Toyota Yaris to a Civic. I find Toyotas to be bland in styling and not much fun to drive. I recently went back to driving the Yaris for a day, man what a POS.
I guess that sums it up pretty good .....haha. A stick though made my Toyota Tercel tolerable though.

WildStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Touring; Passat Variant 2016; Honda CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
"Corollas have the personality of a toaster." LOL

Corollas looks nice. And safe. Like for a grandma.

Civics look sexy. Bold. Sharp. Aggressive. A fiery attitude. A vivacious look, perfect for an energetic and bold individual. Someone who wants to experience the thrill. Feels amazing to just get in and start. You dream about this car. And the car dreams about turning heads. Making impressions. Wowing bystanders.

Corollas have the personality of a toaster.
Sponsored