Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX 6 speed manual.
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_9007
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_9006

Update: Just received my K24W1 manifold/throttle body
Just setup an appointment.
Will be porting both together this Sunday.
Will share before/afters of the porting job once it’s done

Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_9008

Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_9008

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bore out the 5 bolt hole collars on the flange that goes to the head

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I installed the Ignition Project coils tonight and went for a decent midnight country drive...

Wasn't flogging it, but would say that I did not observe any difference at this time.
As they say, it will probably take a tune to extract any benefit...
Currently I have a tank full of Petro 94

The weight is actually very close to stock.
I guess just receiving 4 of them in one box felt heavy...

OEM / Stock coils: 209g each
Ignition Projects: 218g (but this includes aesthetic cap so...)

I tried to get a datalog, but it was a rubbish effort, so will try that again later.

Pardon the dirt... it's pollen season, hooray

Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread IMG_6315

PS.
One weird thing, since installing those Ruthenium spark plugs and maybe since adding the coils... the car just sounds different. Even idling in the garage, it sounds smoother. I don't claim to have any idea what that's about and not suggesting either of the two mods are responsible. On the road things seem a little different too, I was putting the road noise changes down to having new wheels & tires --- which probably IS the reason. I had also switched my tune settings, and disabled RevHang which might contribute to some changes in exhaust flow

Last edited:

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wasn't flogging it, but would say that I did not observe any difference at this time.
As they say, it will probably take a tune to extract any benefit...
i appreciate you sharing your experience although limited but enough to share the details. Definitely get a tune going you will notice it a lot more.

I decided that I will install the IM/TB/coils/plugs all at once, once I am ready with a retune since MAF will have to be adjusted from the bigger IM.

goal is Hopefully to feel a little more punch during acceleration in 1st-2nd gear.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
goal is Hopefully to feel a little more punch during acceleration in 1st-2nd gear.
Honestly these cars rip, I have a hard time finding someplace to really wind it up... you can be in 3rd gear and by the time you are anywhere near approaching the rev limit, you are ... in the Danger Zone.

but yes, the 1-2 is a weak spot

Looking at a data table that I put extrapolated a long time ago,
it looks like 3rd gear should be able to reach 87mph ( 140km/h) at redline

You could do the same speed in 2nd IF you could rev to just over 10K :thumbsup:
but ... realistically looks like 2nd would top out at 57 mph (92 km/h)

Guess I'll be doing 2nd gear WOT pulls for Phearable,
some of our highway speed limits get close to that 3rd gear top-end but not quite...

I always felt the limitation of 1st-2nd was the gearing, always wanted a taller gear
1st gear is just for rolling around the parking lot.

Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread 1716528734641-kf

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly these cars rip, I have a hard time finding someplace to really wind it up... you can be in 3rd gear and by the time you are anywhere near approaching the rev limit, you are ... in the Danger Zone.

Looking at a data table that I put together a long time ago,
it looks like 3rd gear should be able to reach 87mph ( 140km/h) at redline

You could do the same speed in 2nd IF you could rev to just over 10K :thumbsup:
but ... realistically looks like 2nd would top out at 57 mph (92 km/h)

Guess I'll be doing 2nd gear WOT pulls for Phearable,
some of our highways limits get close to that 3rd gear top-end but not quite...

I always felt the limitation of 1st-2nd was the gearing, always wanted a taller gear

1716528734641-kf.png
Since my rev limit is at 7200 I top out at 34-35mph in 1st
2nd at 61mph.
3rd tops out at 93mph
4th at 125mph
Haven’t gone further with 5th…
For me those shorter gears on 1st-2nd help ALOT during roll racing.

I plan to retune with 7500 rev limits just for fun that way I can still be in the higher gear ratio in 1st and 2nd gears pulling and be in the powerband for 3rd gear.
Trust me when I say that It pulls so hard in those 1-2 gears during roll racing/pulls it’s no joke Forsure.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like you might be playing with fire at 7500. Sounds crazy to me but then again I enjoy a bit of reliability with my fun. And it's not like you're making more power at 7500 versus 7000, right?

Don't take this the wrong way but isn't there a point where "that's cool" turns into "oh man maybe I shouldn't have done that"?

OP
OP
JonStewK20C2

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
Seems like you might be playing with fire at 7500. Sounds crazy to me but then again I enjoy a bit of reliability with my fun. And it's not like you're making more power at 7500 versus 7000, right?

Don't take this the wrong way but isn't there a point where "that's cool" turns into "oh man maybe I shouldn't have done that"?
I agree that 7500 does seem a bit high on a stock head however it does allow you to shift into the next gear and be more in the power band. Theoretically it might not make more power but it could make you faster since the shift might not bog as much in the next gear. It only really would matter when racing someone but iirc Jaun does do a fair bit of roll racing so it might be worth it in his use case. Also as others here have discussed, 1-2 seems to be the weak point of the C2 since the gearing is so short.

I do hear what you are saying reliability wise but at least in my area these motors are CHEAP, 600 canadian so like 440 USD so replacing a motor would be a pain yes, but not super cost prohibitive.

OP
OP
JonStewK20C2

JonStewK20C2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX K20C2 6MT
Country flag
31,683 km on motor confirmed to have ran well before removed from car. Only 600 bucks. That's the standard price for them at all my local yards. I'm actually considering buying a spare motor to do some development on, just need to find the space to put it.
Honda Civic 10th gen FC2 and FC4 Development Thread Screenshot_20240524-085546_Chrome

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
31,683 km on motor confirmed to have ran well before removed from car. Only 600 bucks. That's the standard price for them at all my local yards. I'm actually considering buying a spare motor to do some development on, just need to find the space to put it.
Screenshot_20240524-085546_Chrome.jpg
You can get them here in the states cheap too. I have one on standby 😂

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I completely understand where you’re coming from. The worst thing I can see happening is my engine blowing up I think. I know Forsure the car will run super rich and go into limp mode at those high rpms if I just up the RPM limit without proper retune. My reasoning to do this is to stay in those gears a little longer and be in the powerband when shifting into 3rd. Yeah I know there’s a loss in power when redlining further up. Regardless ima still do it & Take this the risk. I’ll come back with thoughts in the future to see how it goes.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ok. I had no idea those engines were so cheap. I'm pretty sure I've bought phones that cost more! :D Damn.

Carry on with your high revving experiments. :thumbsup:

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

K20c2 FBO-E40 vs G35 bolt-ons, tire, 91 tune (not on final revision yet)

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

K20c2 FBO-E40 vs G35 bolt-ons, tire, 91 tune (not on final revision yet)
Sounds like a stock 2006 G35 is configured as ...

"Under the hood of every Infiniti G35 is a 3.5-liter V6 similar to that found in the 350Z, Maxima and Altima. This advanced V6 features 24 valves, dual-overhead cams, variable valve timing and an electronically controlled throttle. Output is rated at 280 hp in coupes and sedans equipped with an automatic transmission; opt for the six-speed manual in either and you'll top out at 298."

from
https://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/g35/2006/review/

You definitely get the jump on him, but it's going to be hard to keep up with such a bigger motor, eventually it'll just grind you down. Any turbo on that one, or purely NA ? Looks like there is an aftermarket for G35 with turbos or superchargers. I would assume you would come out ahead if you were both on a tight track course, not exactly AutoX but something that didn't allow him to get up to speed on a straight.

_jdavidfc4

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s what the owner claimed. He got me on the top end so I believed him. He said he still on stock exhaust With an upgraded intake, and grippy summer tire on the rear.
Sponsored