Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Hey guys! Wanted to do a quick Intro, and say hello to a new community for us.

We're Vargas TurboCharger Technologies or VTT our of Hayward CA. Currently, we manufacture turbochargers, and performance parts for a wide variety of European Platforms from BMW to Audi to Mercedes, including the MK5 Supra (Let's face it is a german car..;)). We have a large following in that world and have been in business since 1978 in Hayward Ca. Our parts are available direct, and through a large dealer network, to which we are constantly adding new retailers.

We are expanding into many new platforms, and the 10th Gen Honda Civic is one we are excited about. We have a 2019 MT SI being picked up this week or next, we got a head start on the platform by developing a 300-350WHP drop-in turbo before we picked up a car. The samples are in hand, and once we have the car we will get some baselines on our in-house dynojet, and then start adding supporting mods, get the turbo on the car, get it tuned, and get some testing done. We are very methodical about our testing, and will be posting as much data as we can get our hands on.

This unit uses wheels, and aero we have developed and are very familiar with. This particular combination makes 600-700WHP in twin configuration with smaller AR housings than is found on this unit. This is why we rate them where we do. We plan to possibly add a GC+ to the line up which would use a larger compressor wheel, but we want to get some testing on the unit first and see where we are.

We currently have two sample units, so if anyone has a car that is ready to make 300ishWHP. Drop us an email or PM, and we can discuss getting you the unit for testing.

Some details and photos about the turbo are below, and it can be found here: https://vargasturbo.com/product/vtt-10th-gen-honda-civic-gc-turbocharger-upgrade/

We look forward to working with the platform, and the community as a whole!

VTT GC 10th Gen Turbocharger upgrade:
Support power level

GC Stock-350WHP

As of 7/08/21 units are available for PRE-ORDER ONLY. We expect these Q4 2021

Ready to take your 10th Gen to the next level? Don’t want to deal with core charges, long lead times, or restrictive factory housings? Look no further! VTT has you covered with our 100% new casting “GC” turbocharger upgrade. We start by keeping the great design elements of the factory 1.5L turbo and removing the not-so-great ones such as the small factory inlet area, bearing housing oil structure, thrust bearing, and anything else we saw that could be improved upon. With the basics covered, we stepped it up a level adding in proprietary VTT changes and finished off by having all these parts cast to OE quality. What this means for you is serious 1.5L power made easy; GC’s are a drop in turbocharger upgrade that supports 300-350WHP while maintaining near factory spool and all factory connections including oil, water, downpipe, and charge pipe.

Key Design Elements:

• All new castings with factory restrictions removed, improved flow channels, and larger AR Ratio
  • 310 Stainless Steel Turbine housing for the ultimate in heat, and corrosion resistance
  • 9 blade Superalloy Mar-M 246 turbine wheel with the latest aero technology for increased flow while maximizing spool
  • 9 blade “point-milled” compressor wheels with the latest aero technology to maximize flow while virtually eliminating surge
  • Direct connection to ALL factory lines including oil, water, downpipe, and factory charge pipe
  • Redesigned, and improved internal components including bearing housing oiling, and an upgraded thrust bearing
  • NO CORE CHARGES. The new unit is sold to you outright. Keep your old unit in case you ever want to go back to stock. Or sell it to recoup your investment -it’s up to you!
  • No long lead times; once fully released production units will be on the shelf for same to next day shipping (please inquire about stock levels when ordering)
  • Full 12-month unlimited mileage/No Hassle Warranty. If you have an issue we will replace the unit no questions asked

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread 1

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread 2

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread 3

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread 4

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0648.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0649.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0650.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0652.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0653.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0660.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0661.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread IMG_0662.JPG

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
Are you going to go for CARB approval? That's the big thing for me.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Being based in Hayward I thought you guys would. I've been sent to the BAR one too many times to play the stupid carb illegal mod game.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Being based in Hayward I thought you guys would. I've been sent to the BAR one too many times to play the stupid carb illegal mod game.
If you kept your oem catted downpipe and heat shields, anyone would have a tough time knowing you have an aftermarket turbo by just looking at your car and engine bay.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You must've never been sent to the BAR. They are very, very nasty and they know what parts people put on.
A smog tech, prob not. But dude whose job it is to crack down on us is a special kind of asshole.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You must've never been sent to the BAR. They are very, very nasty and they know what parts people put on.
A smog tech, prob not. But dude whose job it is to crack down on us is a special kind of asshole.
You're definitely correct, never been as I am in Oregon. I don't even have emissions so there is no inspection. My understanding was that you only got hit with an inspection if you got reffed? Smog is easy to pass up here even in areas there is smog as long as you keep your cat.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The thing is, a turbo does not modify any smog equipment. It will fit with the stock catted DP, and the stock intake etc. We routinely have customers pass the tough CA smog check with upgraded turbos on if they simply put their other parts back to stock. The turbo is really nothing more than an air pump, a larger one flows more air, so in turn, you can add more fuel to make more power, but if you do not tune for it, it's really not going to affect emissions in any meaningful way.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you kept your oem catted downpipe and heat shields, anyone would have a tough time knowing you have an aftermarket turbo by just looking at your car and engine bay.
This is correct, and what many people do. This is one of the major draws of a drop in unit. With the shields and stock parts in place, it would have no problem passing not only the tailpipe test, but also the visual.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they pass no problem, why not go for CARB approval? That would be a great selling point and one of the reasons I was interested in your turbo as well as supporting a local company.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If they pass no problem, why not go for CARB approval? That would be a great selling point and one of the reasons I was interested in your turbo as well as supporting a local company.
Because it's an extremely rigorous, expensive process for an item that does not affect emissions and when installed under stock heat Shields etc is mostly invisible. It's not something we are going to pursue at this time. We may in the future. Where are you located, sir?

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
San Jose
I am fully aware how ridiculous achieving CARB exemption is but they're only gonna get worse, so sooner or later having the EO # is a selling point.

For me its once bitten, twice shy.
Sponsored