Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Ask and you shall receive!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Front_zpsppmloz1

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20End%20Tank_zpspabrmhdn

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development FMIC%20Si%20Teaser%20Rear_zpssmyr9abb

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development FMIC%20Teaser%20Si%20Silicone_zpszxeivjb

We've got two prototype intercoolers that we have used to check casting quality and fitment for production. The intercooler assembly fitment has passed with flying colors, so final production has begun. :headbang:

...However, we did run into one little speed bump :( One of our mandrel bends for the intercooler piping were slightly off, causing tight (too close for comfort) fitment. This isn't the end of the world, though, as we will have the bends fixed so we can weld and send to powdercoating! :) We will have news for an ETA hopefully next week!

In the meantime, one of our prototype intercooler kits is heading over to @VitViper for testing!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Our guys are hard at work, finishing up the intercooler piping so that they can be powdercoated. We will work on finishing the intercooler assemblies while the pipes are at powdercoating. Kits are expected to ship by the end of the month!

DSC_01552_zpsbs9mcxey.jpg

DSC_01542_zpsxtflw3ft.jpg

DSC_01512_zpss18dn1cs.jpg

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our guys are hard at work, finishing up the intercooler piping so that they can be powdercoated. We will work on finishing the intercooler assemblies while the pipes are at powdercoating. Kits are expected to ship by the end of the month!

DSC_01552_zpsbs9mcxey.jpg

DSC_01542_zpsxtflw3ft.jpg

DSC_01512_zpss18dn1cs.jpg
:dance::headbang:

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Awesome news!!:headbang:

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2016+ Civic 1.5L Turbo (Si & Non-Si) and 2017+ FK8 Civic Type-R Intercoolers are getting their final once-overs before heading out to some lucky customers! Thank you for all of the support and patience!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development Type%20R%20Intercooler%20Cores%20in%20box_zpsstfzkikb

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development Spencer%20Live%20Intercoolers_zpsjv4djucw

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development Intercooler%20Layout%201_zpsqwigmyv8

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Civic X 1.5T Product Development Cores%20and%20Si%20intercooler_zpsgnxqxgx6

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just in time too:headbang::thumbsup:

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I was able to pull the trigger on one a couple days ago, really appreciate the sale!! Can't wait to install this along with a CAI!!!

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I was able to pull the trigger on one a couple days ago, really appreciate the sale!! Can't wait to install this along with a CAI!!!
Me too. I was trigger happy I just couldn't stop smiling.

If you look on their site.. it says eta 04.28... I think I might have to wait until that day because I didn't receive a tracking

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Me too. I was trigger happy I just couldn't stop smiling.

If you look on their site.. it says eta 04.28... I think I might have to wait until that day because I didn't receive a tracking
Same here man!
Yea I believe we will have to wait for the next shipment which is fine with me, I want to have the PRL FMIC and 27WON CAI installed at the same time...then a re-tune of course!

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I received a call from Dennis at PRL Motorsports yesterday, and It turns out that I was one of the last ones on the list for the first shipment. They had a core and silicone for me but unfortunately ran out of mandrel bent piping, as a few pieces didn't quite live up to their quality standards. They gave me the option to receive custom fabricated piping with the only difference being a couple welds in the piping. My first choice was to wait it out until the next shipment...I wasn't in a rush because I planned on purchasing the 27WON CAI and I wanted to have these parts installed at the same time. I initially wanted the 27WON CAI because of the design..me being a new owner and this being my first brand new car I was paranoid about possibly hydro locking. After consulting with Dennis and expressing my concerns he reassured me that the wheel wells on this platform are sealed very well and that the nose of my car would have to be completely submerged in water in order to hydro lock. So...

I ended up purchasing the PRL CAI on the spot as well as choosing to receive the custom fab'd intercooler piping, so I should be receiving both parts within the next few weeks!! I'm glad I got to experience PRL's amazing customer service I've heard so much about on this forum! I'm super excited now and can't wait to have these parts installed!! Speaking of 'installs'...has anyone had their PRL intercooler installed yet?
Thanks a ton @PRL Motorsports!!!

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All pre-orders aside from 2 or 3 have shipped as of a few days ago! We ended up selling quite a few more intercoolers than originally anticipated. With that being said, our next batch of intercoolers are expected to ship towards the end of April. We are offer a reduced 15% sale for all orders until these are back in stock and shipping. Thanks for all the support and patience! :headbang:

nvtive_b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Country flag
Keep in mind that it is extremely difficult to dyno a CVT car, because of the continuous power band and shift points. When doing dyno pulls, the pull has to be started at about 4000 RPM or else the car wants to shift. The bottom end gains showed between 4000 - 4750 RPM will be able to be seen much lower, at around 2000 - 3000 RPM on a 6MT car or when driving your CVT car around on the street. It's just difficult to show this in a dyno graph.
if you have the sport hatchback will that make it easier? i know with mine in sport and i activate the paddles it will hold which gear im in till i shift
Sponsored