Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI MT Sedan, 2020 A90 Supra, 2021 BMW M3C...
Country flag
Hey guys! So our ACN 91 testing on the GC+ is about complete, we are going to move into 93, then E30 shortly. Once finished we will post everything.

I am posting because this dyno process for the car seems extremely frustrating. No matter what we do cannot get the car to not trigger all the VSA, brake, and other errors on the dyno. Even if we use the VSA disable sequence first. Do you guys have any tricks for doing this? It makes it super tough to dyno the car, as it seems that keeps it out of closed loop, and then I must remove the car from the dyno, drive it around to reset the drive systems, and then put it back on the dyno to get numbers. I only get one run before all the lights come back on, even if I disable the VSA. Then once all the lights come back on, the car will not drop into closed loop, so I have to do it all again. This process is extremely frustrating. There HAS to be an easier way to run this on the dyno without it freaking out all the systems.

Any help would be appreciated. All the German cars we do have dedicated dyno modes, and we never have issues like this.
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys! So our ACN 91 testing on the GC+ is about complete, we are going to move into 93, then E30 shortly. Once finished we will post everything.

I am posting because this dyno process for the car seems extremely frustrating. No matter what we do cannot get the car to not trigger all the VSA, brake, and other errors on the dyno. Even if we use the VSA disable sequence first. Do you guys have any tricks for doing this? It makes it super tough to dyno the car, as it seems that keeps it out of closed loop, and then I must remove the car from the dyno, drive it around to reset the drive systems, and then put it back on the dyno to get numbers. I only get one run before all the lights come back on, even if I disable the VSA. Then once all the lights come back on, the car will not drop into closed loop, so I have to do it all again. This process is extremely frustrating. There HAS to be an easier way to run this on the dyno without it freaking out all the systems.

Any help would be appreciated. All the German cars we do have dedicated dyno modes, and we never have issues like this.

Might be worth trying to pull the ABS fuse?

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Might be worth trying to pull the ABS fuse?
We appreciate the response, the issue is not that VSA interferes as far as actually running on the dyno. We can run and get numbers just fine, but with all the warning lights going off the car doesn't seem to want to drop into Closed-loop meaning it's not adjusting trims during a WOT pull. We can get it done like this, it's just a little annoying having to pull the car off the dyno.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
We appreciate the response, the issue is not that VSA interferes as far as actually running on the dyno. We can run and get numbers just fine, but with all the warning lights going off the car doesn't seem to want to drop into Closed-loop meaning it's not adjusting trims during a WOT pull. We can get it done like this, it's just a little annoying having to pull the car off the dyno.

Ah sorry I misunderstood, If using ktuner I believe there is a vsa disable toggle that truly disables it (and sport mode along with it) and sport mode also, but from what I remember sport mode doesn't change the power anyway? Hopefully someone else knows more and can chime in too.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah sorry I misunderstood, If using ktuner I believe there is a vsa disable toggle that truly disables it (and sport mode along with it) and sport mode also, but from what I remember sport mode doesn't change the power anyway? Hopefully someone else knows more and can chime in too.
That's great info! We are using Kutner. Let me look at it.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Honda Civic 10th gen VTT Intro, and Product Development Announcement Thread Screenshot_20220427-154610

An email I got from Derek concerning this when getting readings off a Mustang

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ACN91 (dog piss CA fuel) and 93 results are done, we are waiting to finish up E30, and we will get some numbers posted. So far we are extremely happy with the unit

Xedos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport+ 1.5T (MT)
Country flag
ACN91 (dog piss CA fuel) and 93 results are done, we are waiting to finish up E30, and we will get some numbers posted. So far we are extremely happy with the unit
It's been a while. Could you please share the results? I have a GC+ (very satisfied) and almost done with tuning on pump fuel. I'm considering a E30 blend if I can see your values.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vargasturbo.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's been a while. Could you please share the results? I have a GC+ (very satisfied) and almost done with tuning on pump fuel. I'm considering a E30 blend if I can see your values.
? These results were posted more than a year ago Sir
Sponsored