CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade

Deleted member 26142

I've never owned a WRX but do love them. I still own a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon (AWD/Auto) that I used to race. Still remember racing it with WRXs when they first came out (Showing my age). A little turbo and nitrous helps. :rofl: Kevin - 13.03 1/4 mile Run
Same here I respect them for what they are but people here praise them a little too much and will talk mad **** about anything that's not a Subaru especially hondas lol.. and nitrous and boost?! How has that not grenaded the engineo_O
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How has that not grenaded the engineo_O
THIS is the question I proposed to my old Subaru friends who all told me my car would blow up. No-one ever responded. Stock engine, stock fuel injectors! When I hit the dry nitrous, it raised fuel pressure. I didn't even have a proper wideband O2 sensor to read the readings. I simply looked at my EGTs (Exhaust Gas Temperature) and noticed that my exhaust temps were about 150-200F cooler while running the nitrous.

Never had an issue. I still have the car. It's been a happy 26yrs of owning. Here's quick video of it on Motorweek (I used to ove this show). Go to 5:30 (That's me and my car). The good old days mang. :) I still love Subarus and have had a few. Currently still have the Impreza and an 1989 Subaru XT6 *AWD/Auto* (which is my favorite car).

Last edited:
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ill be getting some dyno charts to show the gains and difference besides just the peak gains in whp and wtq when I get them from Drob.

But the car ended the day at 302whp/267wtq. About a gain of 10ishwhp and 10ish wtq throughout most of the powerband.

Its a tad lower than I honestly expected but the car is once again running into fuel system limitations.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Do you know if the fuel limitations apply to pump gas , ethanol blend or both?
Still, 300whp on the stock base motor is a great achievement and this CVT will be smoking hot on the track...

Reactions: Myx

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, how much money have you put into the power mods for this car?

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know if the fuel limitations apply to pump gas , ethanol blend or both?
Still, 300whp on the stock base motor is a great achievement and this CVT will be smoking hot on the track...
On eblend it seems like between injectors and high pressure fuel pump I'm basically maxed out from the mid-range onwards.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any word if there is going to be implementation of the 27Won race MAF into the TSP stage 1 map?
I actually did ask Drob about that. What he told me was that as there are not enough of them out yet but as more and more people continue to add the 27won race maf, it will allow him to gather some more data so that he can develop a safe maf scaling. He currently doesn't have enough data points to safely release something.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200904_085751
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200904_094848

Deleted member 26142

I actually did ask Drob about that. What he told me was that it is not out yet but as more and more people continue to add the 27won race maf, it will allow him to gather some more data so that he can develop a safe maf scaling. He currently doesn't have enough data points to safely release something.
That's awesome to hear been wanting to install this thing for so long now lol wouldn't mind having my car be a guinea pig for a good cause ??

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On eblend it seems like between injectors and high pressure fuel pump I'm basically maxed out from the mid-range onwards.
So...what does this mean? What is this injector pulse width (or flow) limit? I can't ask as horsepower goes because different dyno's measure differently and same car can be different on different days. But injector flow should be hitting some peak where it can't flow anymore, or the fuel pump, or both. ?

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So...what does this mean? What is this injector pulse width (or flow) limit? I can't ask as horsepower goes because different dyno's measure differently and same car can be different on different days. But injector flow should be hitting some peak where it can't flow anymore, or the fuel pump, or both. ?
Was getting misfires on 2nd to last pull which seemed to be due to injector pulse width limit.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just out of curiosity, how much money have you put into the power mods for this car?
Rough prices.

1600 for the turbo
400 for cai
500 for flex fuel kit
180 for rmm
700 for dp and fp
800 for fmic
600 for exhaust
600 for tune
699 for ktuner v2

On top of the other mods I've done it really adds up.

@raulnor516 He mentioned the above earlier in this thread.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@raulnor516 He mentioned the above earlier in this thread.
What is quoted in there are MSRP prices. Luckily most of that I got via some sort of discount but regular MSRP prices are a tad high....

With the added TIP and Race MAF, you are looking at around $6500 MSRP.

An interesting food for thought...

A 1.5T Sport Hatch with the 6MT MSRP approx $24k. (30.5k with mods)
A 1.5T Sport Hatch with the CVT MSRP approx $25k (31.5k with mods)

If you wanted to just match power output, you could save 8k and match a stock R.

While obviously adding mods to get it to match more of the R fully would requires additional mods that would even that price gap.

Ex. A 2020 6MT 1.5T hatch with a clutch upgrade and a LSD upgrade could be had around 34k while the 2020 CTR is $38.8k MSRP.
Sponsored