Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
I've been looking around for cheap or off brand parts, I've had luck with obx and similar in the past. As I've been looking it seems all civic downpipe/frontpipe or intakes are not compatible with the civic si. Intake maf? Downpipe flange size?
Are there and si specific cheapo parts?but I'm looking for so specific
Sponsored

Last edited:

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I've been looking around for cheap or off brand parts, I've had luck with obx and similar in the past. As I've been looking it seems all civic downpipe/frontpipe or intakes are not compatible with the civic si. Intake maf? Downpipe flange size?
Are there and si specific cheapo parts?but I'm looking for so specific
As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for. You don’t want to cheap out on parts that have critical functions such as downpipes. If, or rather when, these fail it’s going to be a pain in the ass. It’s not worth it. And yeah, these vehicles are gonna be fickle of anything SI specific. You typically can bolt on things meant for the SI without encountering problems.

Intakes are a little different since you can tinker around with them more. If the MAF housing is correct in size and the pipes are decent quality, you can get some good results. I’m using eBay pipes with a K&N filter on my car. I’ve had this set up for 1 year and it’s been great. These are low risk because you can easily go back to stock and not cry over $100 you possibly wasted.

If you want to build on a budget, see what Honda parts you can add from the CTR or SI and go the OEM route.