First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is absolutely killer. I really was hoping someone had made a Type R eater out of one of these cvt's. With 11k miles at this level too, that's sick. I drive 160 miles round trip for work and only have this car so I'd be hesitant to really get up there too much.

Did you end up pricing out the internals? With all the research I've done, if you lower low end torque like you have, the CVT is pretty safe. At this point my concern has been shifted to throwing a rod. Can be easily avoided by dropping the~$400 on upgraded connecting rods. I haven't had the chance to sit down and price out the whole kit and caboodle with rods, pistons, studs, etc so I'm just curious if you have.

Huge thank you for all the detail in here and being so responsive to everyone's comments. These kind of threads are what will help people to know if they do their research and stay within certain limits these cars can do amazing things. Personally, this one convinced me I can grab the turbo upgrade and make use of it!

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New re-tune/dyno date with DRob has been scheduled! I have a little bit of time before heading up there to get things dialed in but pretty anxious to see how everything pans out.

I'll upload a few pics of the engine bay and parts in the next few days. If you want to see some of the pictures I have already taken and uploaded I am semi-active on IG so you can check it out there.

@issafk7

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New re-tune/dyno date with DRob has been scheduled! I have a little bit of time before heading up there to get things dialed in but pretty anxious to see how everything pans out.

I'll upload a few pics of the engine bay and parts in the next few days. If you want to see some of the pictures I have already taken and uploaded I am semi-active on IG so you can check it out there.

@issafk7
What is your expectation with the new setup? I'm thinking the new setup is with the 27Won turbo inlet pipe (not sure what else except perhaps change in intercooler). +5/+10/+15whp?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you guys take some pictures! Information regarding the Race MAF has been really hard to come by, so I'm interested in whatever you guys can share :D @hobby-man are you on pump gas or flex fuel?
That is a big difference. Thanks for the pics.
Do you know if drob is going to implement that into the TSP stage 1 tune for everyone else who has this race MAF? I have one as well
Hey guys, here's the Race MAF installed along with the 27WON turbo inlet pipe.
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200804_172003

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200804_171959

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200804_171953

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, here's the Race MAF installed along with the 27WON turbo inlet pipe.
20200804_172003.jpg

20200804_171959.jpg

20200804_171953.jpg
This RIGHT here is the BEST intake in my opinion, hands down. It's perfect! Thanks for the pics.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This RIGHT here is the BEST intake in my opinion, hands down. It's perfect! Thanks for the pics.
Its pure sex appeal and the fitment is 100. Love it!

• Haha
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dyno day is tomorrow! Will update with results in the following days with how it went.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dyno day is tomorrow! Will update with results in the following days with how it went.
Excellent my friend! After you have been fully tuned, will you be ready for our next encounter? Hoping my car is all pieced together by October....when it gets slightly cooler weather-wise. I want to see how bad I get slaughtered against FBO with Ethanol and 27Won turbo. **Don't sleep at the light** :)

I hope to see a nice difference in your horsepower with the 27Won intake. Good luck! :thumbsup:

BTW: If my civic isn't done for whatever reason, I'd still like to come out for a friendly race. Want to see how you do. I'll bring my Toyota RAV4 out to race you since I'm tinkering with it now. :rofl:

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excellent my friend! After you have been fully tuned, will you be ready for our next encounter? Hoping my car is all pieced together by October....when it gets slightly cooler weather-wise. I want to see how bad I get slaughtered against FBO with Ethanol and 27Won turbo. **Don't sleep at the light** :)

I hope to see a nice difference in your horsepower with the 27Won intake. Good luck! :thumbsup:

BTW: If my civic isn't done for whatever reason, I'd still like to come out for a friendly race. Want to see how you do. I'll bring my Toyota RAV4 out to race you since I'm tinkering with it now. :rofl:

If my bumper situation is all fixed up by then I should be able to make an appearance!

Deleted member 26142

Hey just a quick question have you had encounters with different makes? Like subarus, evos, older gen hondas ect.?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey just a quick question have you had encounters with different makes? Like subarus, evos, older gen hondas ect.?

Only at the track. All types of vehicles. Only one I posted about was a friend of mine who kept talking **** on me on Facebook. He has the newer Mustang. We raced 4x and he lost 4x, despite having over 400hp and being way faster. Posted about it in the 1/4 mile forum.
See Post #287

I've only raced once outside of the track and it was a brand new black Type R, from a dead stop. Was hoping the gentleman post his thoughts on it, on this site but it never happened. :)
Civic vs Type R Race

Both of these races were before I had the Si turbo installed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 26142

Only at the track. All types of vehicles. Only one I posted about was a friend of mine who kept talking **** on me on Facebook. He has the newer Mustang. We raced 4x and he lost 4x, despite having over 400hp and being way faster. Posted about it in the 1/4 mile forum.
See Post #287

I've only raced once outside of the track and it was a brand new black Type R, from a dead stop. Was hoping the gentleman post his thoughts on it, on this site but it never happened. :)
Civic vs Type R Race

Both of these races were before I had the Si turbo installed.
That's awesome knowing there's FK7's hurting feelings out there lol.. I also try too keep it to the track but in my area lots of WRX's and it's priceless to see their faces when I tell them they got handed an L by a 1.5 with an auto

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's awesome knowing there's FK7's hurting feelings out there lol.. I also try too keep it to the track but in my area lots of WRX's and it's priceless to see their faces when I tell them they got handed an L by a 1.5 with an auto
I've never owned a WRX but do love them. I still own a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon (AWD/Auto) that I used to race. Still remember racing it with WRXs when they first came out (Showing my age). A little turbo and nitrous helps. :rofl: Kevin - 13.03 1/4 mile Run
Sponsored