rayyanxnauman

First Name
Rayyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic (fc1)
Country flag
Hello! I hope y’all are fine and doing good. My Civic 1.5 Turbo CVT is my daily driven car and is currently Ktuned with their basemaps. For now my car is bone stock mechanically, no bolt-ons and I drive my car mainly on Starter 21 Psi or Dual 16.5/21 Psi map.
I’ve been recommended by some people to downtune the car to Starter 16.5 Psi or maximum Starter 18 Psi until I add bolt-ons like a bigger intercooler and cold air intake.
The main reason of them saying this was that the climate where I live is quite hot, in summers easily 45 degree centigrade on a sunny day and in winters around 15 degree centigrade.
What should I do? Need suggestions as I don’t want to break my car.

One thing more is I’ve seen people claiming here that Ktuner basemaps are slightly harsh on the car compared to OTS tunes like Tsp stage 1 or Phereable’s 1.5, I wanna know which OTS tune is the safest and provides most bang for the buck!
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There are no bolt-ons necessary unless specified in the tune description. Feel free to check out the CivicX reliability thread in the parent section for what others are running successfully long term.

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Hello! I hope y’all are fine and doing good. My Civic 1.5 Turbo CVT is my daily driven car and is currently Ktuned with their basemaps. For now my car is bone stock mechanically, no bolt-ons and I drive my car mainly on Starter 21 Psi or Dual 16.5/21 Psi map.
I’ve been recommended by some people to downtune the car to Starter 16.5 Psi or maximum Starter 18 Psi until I add bolt-ons like a bigger intercooler and cold air intake.
The main reason of them saying this was that the climate where I live is quite hot, in summers easily 45 degree centigrade on a sunny day and in winters around 15 degree centigrade.

One thing more is I’ve seen people claiming here that Ktuner basemaps are slightly harsh on the car compared to OTS tunes like Tsp stage 1 or Phereable’s 1.5, I wanna know which OTS tune is the safest and provides most bang for the buck!
I have 0 changes on my car and having been running TSP1 Map 3 from 100 miles and I now have 56k with absolutely no problem. Just don't do stupid things like brake launch and you will be totally fine.

kadireren

First Name
kadir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T Hatchback Sport + CVT (182ps)
Country flag

Ktuner basemaps don’t harm your vehicle without bolt-ons but it can easily heatsoak and lose performance in those weather conditions without big intercooler and a cold air intake so it is better to stay at 18-19 psi without bolt-ons performance wise.
Sponsored