SiR

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, 2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly it's not the trans I'm really worried about at my current power levels. My tq is not much higher than OTS tunes. Much of my power is made up in the mid and top range.

My bigger concern is the rods and pistons and obviously the head studs as time goes on.

If my car survives 1 more year the following year I'll be doing new rods pistons valve springs gaskets and head studs as I try to eek out a bit more power.
This. Just like the Si i owned, It's more about the rod and pistons. I knew if i wanted 300+hp, I better change those. The rest are usually strong enough to handle much more power, especially for a manual
Sponsored

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doing a quick update. Haven't been able to replicate the issue and haven't run into any other issues. Did have some pretty aggressive drives (120+) and near WOT pulls from 40+.

I will chock that up to D mode acting funky with perhaps Adv VSA kicking in with less than optimal tires when making a sharp right turn.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Doing a quick update. Haven't been able to replicate the issue and haven't run into any other issues. Did have some pretty aggressive drives (120+) and near WOT pulls from 40+.

I will chock that up to D mode acting funky with perhaps Adv VSA kicking in with less than optimal tires when making a sharp right turn.
Good to hear man.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade tenor

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
Just curious how often are you beating up on this thing?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You ever plan in putting cvt cooler?

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You ever plan in putting cvt cooler?
Probably not. I don't do enough track days nowadays to justify it. Also i would have to do some custom setup for it unless I switch up my intake setup.

27WON's hybrid CAI system takes up room and prevents adding a CVT cooler.

Actually on the fence right now about selling the car. With used car values being so sky high, I might take advantage of it.

Just curious how often are you beating up on this thing?
As for how often? Guess it depends what you call "beating" on it. I do 1-2 track events a year, lots of spirited driving and backroads driving. This year has been pretty quiet, just trying to fix up the car and doing some cosmetic stuff.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually on the fence right now about selling the car. With used car values being so sky high, I might take advantage of it.
What do you plan on trading it in for? Honda Accord 2.0T? They have HUGE potential.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you plan on trading it in for? Honda Accord 2.0T? They have HUGE potential.

Nah not enough power for me and looking to go RWD. Eyeing the new 400z pretty hard.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just giving a brief update.

Still have the car. A bit over 55k+ miles. Got some new tires on the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s.

Fixed up my aero (bmspec front splitter).

Did some cosmetic changes with a full car vinyl wrap (self done).

After some deliberation, I think I will continue to keep the car and have it designated as a pure show car.

Working on selling my other 2.0 NA civic sedan and replacing it with perhaps the 400z or the new RS3.

This car was an interest and fun project but essentially hit a wall due to lack of transmission upgrades and cost of other upgrades even if I had a viable transmission option.
Sponsored