2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

91gst

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo, Miata, Civic
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I already spoke with Landmark and I figured they'd be above MSRP, so thats a no-go for me. I'll reach out to Brown's. My color choice is Red, PMM, or white, so that could work if they are expecting a PMM soon.

Spoke with a couple of MD Honda dealers and I'm waiting for a price from Herson's - they should be getting a white and red this week but we shall see where they end up with pricing.
Sponsored

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Thanks! I talked to a bunch, went in person to 3 different dealers in NOVA. I'm just glad one of the better dealers had my color; Sheehy Honda was the easiest and predicted that Landmark was going to be way over on price.They seemed the most upfront about everything, had the color I wanted and thank god, willing to lock in the paper work.

Browns in Arlington has a Red and Metallic coming but the Red is reserved; they said they can request the color of the next one but wouldn't be delivered until May/June.(I'm not sure how true this is) They are willing to sell the metallic one at sticker. Very nice dealer ask for Kelly if you go there. They said metallic is more "rare" which almost got me switch my color but I love the CW.

Landmark Honda should be getting a white one but wouldn't really talk to me without about a VIN even though I believe their car will probably be on the same truck as the one I bought. They still have a Black '19 in the showroom and when I asked to pay MSRP for 2020 they said they can't even sell the '19 at that price....so don't go there.

After making a bunch a calls I didn't hear of anyone around DMV getting the new Boost Blue but all of them implied that they would be charging more for the Type R only color. I just want to see it in real life even though I probably wouldn't have bought it....probably.
you definitely could go there, use the fact that they need to get rid of 19's to be able to receive and sell 20's, this is good leverage. I got mine for 1k above msrp some months ago, so I would bet people are getting it for msrp or lower today (corona virus aside)in most dealerships.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fair to note Honda UK Swindon plant has shutdown since 3/20/20.
Getting MSRP, IMO, is pretty good given that forecasted supply volumes may be less than expected.
Because I signed my deal in 2014 and didn't take delivery of the initial '17 model, dealership honored their commitment to not charge me any fees over MSRP.

Here's my cost in Canadian $'s:
MSRP $43,690 Illumination pkg. $411 Freight: $1,780 Total = CND$45,881 (US$33,986) + taxes/license
Added cost for my share for full interior illumination = CND$411 + taxes

Last edited:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Can you turn off and/or tune the exhaust noise pumping through the speakers?

Can you turn off and/or tune Honda Sensing?

Is Honda Sensing active in +R mode?

What changes were made in regard to the updated suspension bushings (bushing location, how they're upgraded, etc.)?

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Can you turn off and/or tune the exhaust noise pumping through the speakers?

Can you turn off and/or tune Honda Sensing?

Is Honda Sensing active in +R mode?

What changes were made in regard to the updated suspension bushings (bushing location, how they're upgraded, etc.)?
I guess we don't know yet if it's just something Honda output via speaker, but the way BMW has done it is via an additional module, and people had to disconnect the connection to it. I suppose.... an electrician can build a switch that tap into this to turn it on and off??

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I guess we don't know yet if it's just something Honda output via speaker, but the way BMW has done it is via an additional module, and people had to disconnect the connection to it. I suppose.... an electrician can build a switch that tap into this to turn it on and off??
https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/information/2020/Civic Type R/manuals

Page 473 of the 2020 manual states that adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, departure mitigation, and collision mitigation are all disabled when VSA is completely disabled. And for VSA to be completely disabled, the car must be in +R mode. I've read that you want to have VSA completely disabled on track or else your rear brake pads will be toast due to VSA using the brakes to keep the car stable. So I guess the one time you'd want Sensing disabled (on the track) would also be the time you would naturally disable it through +R mode with VSA completely disabled, so that's good.

I can't find anything in the manual regarding the active exhaust. No biggie if it can't be disabled though. I'd most likely stick with the stock exhaust, or something mild from the aftermarket, so I wouldn't mind the extra exhaust noise. Could help on autocross and track.

I'm starting to lean toward waiting for a used 2020 next winter. I'm thinking that I'll be able to get a good rate on one (while putting around 50% down) and that prices should go down by then (I see used 2019s around 30K right now). I'm not sure how the Swindon closure will affect the 2021 and 22 models' production, but hopefully those aren't delayed so that 2020s can depreciate.

Just thinking out loud.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
https://owners.honda.com/vehicle-information/information/2020/Civic Type R/manuals

Page 473 of the 2020 manual states that adaptive cruise, lane keep assist, departure mitigation, and collision mitigation are all disabled when VSA is completely disabled. And for VSA to be completely disabled, the car must be in +R mode. I've read that you want to have VSA completely disabled on track or else your rear brake pads will be toast due to VSA using the brakes to keep the car stable. So I guess the one time you'd want Sensing disabled (on the track) would also be the time you would naturally disable it through +R mode with VSA completely disabled, so that's good.

I can't find anything in the manual regarding the active exhaust. No biggie if it can't be disabled though. I'd most likely stick with the stock exhaust, or something mild from the aftermarket, so I wouldn't mind the extra exhaust noise. Could help on autocross and track.

I'm starting to lean toward waiting for a used 2020 next winter. I'm thinking that I'll be able to get a good rate on one (while putting around 50% down) and that prices should go down by then (I see used 2019s around 30K right now). I'm not sure how the Swindon closure will affect the 2021 and 22 models' production, but hopefully those aren't delayed so that 2020s can depreciate.

Just thinking out loud.
The 2019's made a big hit towards 30k most likely because the 2020 has many more features over the 2019, so they'd have to sell lower for them to actually sell.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The 2019's made a big hit towards 30k most likely because the 2020 has many more features over the 2019, so they'd have to sell lower for them to actually sell.
Good point. Hopefully I can find a used 2020 for around 33K late 2021/early 2022. Will continue to rock my FA5 until then. I want to keep my FK8 forever so I want to be patient and get the exact one I want, within budget.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

Just thinking out loud.
Thanks for the info re Honda Sensing.

Re used 19’s around $30k. Humm. One 2019 on car gurus for 30 but it has a rebuilt title. Rest 31+ with the mean much higher. New 2019’s are still invoice to MSRP depending on region. Getting into a no stories, ~10k miles 2019 for $30k would be a good deal. Course, with current conditions, this could change.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Meanwhile I'm leaning towards the 2021 LE though I'm still in early days of thinking about it and if I could secure one without ADM...

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
......................leaning towards the 2021 LE though ....................without ADM......
Just have to agree with your thinking. The '21 CTR LE will surely be limited for the world (1,000 in total). For now, debate over the eventual MSRP before ADM. Expectations are a minimum US$40,000 MSRP.
Hope you land one.
Can't wait to read more from eventual owners on this forum. It definitely will be spectacular on the track - the real definition of what a TYPE R should be!

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I already spoke with Landmark and I figured they'd be above MSRP, so thats a no-go for me. I'll reach out to Brown's. My color choice is Red, PMM, or white, so that could work if they are expecting a PMM soon.

Spoke with a couple of MD Honda dealers and I'm waiting for a price from Herson's - they should be getting a white and red this week but we shall see where they end up with pricing.
Just purchased a red one from Herson's. So, it was MSRP plus about $3,000 for this package they supposedly added. 2020. Picking up this week. I test drove a slightly used 2019 red one on Saturday they had in stock. They were trying to sell me that one, but I said no. Car is amazing. So much more impressive in person too.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I recieve email notifications of a new post added to this forum. i opened it and it was in russian ...just fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.