Found a 2020 Type R at MSRP, have some questions

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW
Country flag
Speaking specifically on the transmission issue most users who have reported have seen an improvement as miles accumulated. Others have stated changing the oil also made an improvement.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mrnrfan182

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru BRZ
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! Car is technically on hold for me until Saturday. I appreciate the insights. Iā€™m excited to jump back into a Honda, it has been a decade. I shed a little tear when I sold my RSX, easily the favorite car Iā€™ve owned.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a 2018 and I've only experienced a 4th gear lockout once when it was still relatively new and it was cold outside. Fast forward 2 years later and I haven't had any issues with grinds or lockouts since that first incident.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! Car is technically on hold for me until Saturday. I appreciate the insights. Iā€™m excited to jump back into a Honda, it has been a decade. I shed a little tear when I sold my RSX, easily the favorite car Iā€™ve owned.
They will sell that car asap unless you put money down to hold it ? I would of personally bought it that day.If they get better offers they still might sell it and refund you just saying.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
OP, if you are not sure about black which you will likely have too ppf at least half of the car anyway, then maybe just get the whole thing wrapped in whatever color you like? I realize its a few extra bucks over getting half the car ppf'd but then the whole car is protected and you can get a ride in whatever color you really like..

OP
OP

Mrnrfan182

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru BRZ
Country flag
They will sell that car asap unless you put money down to hold it ? I would of personally bought it that day.If they get better offers they still might sell it and refund you just saying.
certainly possible but the car has been on their showroom floor for a couple of months. Itā€™s marked up a few thousand but Iā€™ve negotiated them down to MSRP. Itā€™s the end of the month and they want that sale on the books. Iā€™m effectively closing the deal in the morning but work has gotten in the way!

OP
OP

Mrnrfan182

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru BRZ
Country flag
OP, if you are not sure about black which you will likely have too ppf at least half of the car anyway, then maybe just get the whole thing wrapped in whatever color you like? I realize its a few extra bucks over getting half the car ppf'd but then the whole car is protected and you can get a ride in whatever color you really like..
All of my cars get a full PPF wrap on the bumper, fenders, hood, mirrors, headlights, fog lights and A pillars. Iā€™ll also get some on the rear fender flare.

I think the car is sexy as hell in black, Iā€™m more concerned with the overall quality of the paint. Honda has a less than stellar reputation there and some massive chipping or easy etching are things Iā€™d rather be aware of early. Black will highlight those faster than any other color so I was curious if anyone had input on that.

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I've had my 2020 for 2.5 months and only had the second gear grind once. 5th to 4th lockout has happened a couple of times, but not big deal. I'm at ~1700 miles

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Personally, I would avoid black paint like the plague. As far as gear grind...I wouldnt worry too much about it. It happened a couple times to me in the first 5k miles and hasn't occured since.

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
2017 CBP, 45k miles, 20 track days. No issues with transmission ever while using OEM MTF. Only grinding was due to lazy footwork.
The paint has been great, but the car is always garaged and I have done paint correction with Ceramic coating. The car is easier to clean with coating. Since it is black, it requires more cleaning compared to CW. When the car is clean it looks really good. You should jump on the deal, but be prepared to clean the car often. Good luck!
Sponsored