2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Plans, yes, but we do not know what has changed yet.
Do you think there's a possibility changes to the ECU would make it unlockable? If not unlockable, maybe too expensive to unlock?

I plan to buy a 2020 Type R and do a Hondata flash tune but a little worried that it won't be possible to tune.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think there's a possibility changes to the ECU would make it unlockable? If not unlockable, maybe too expensive to unlock?

I plan to buy a 2020 Type R and do a Hondata flash tune but a little worried that it won't be possible to tune.
Don’t buy any tuner until vendor says it’s supported.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Don’t buy any tuner until vendor says it’s supported.
Yes, in a perfect world that's how it would work. We don't live in a perfect world. I'm simply gauging the risk from the source.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I doubt Honda will change anything about the ECU apart from adding sensing and using a new part / binary. But we will not know until we get hold of one.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

rumor mill said the 2008 gtr was going to be a uncrackable ECU.. well look what happened.

Honda wont do that because their ecu has to be the same as production in tca/tcr and they re flash them to suit class specs.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
rumor mill said the 2008 gtr was going to be a uncrackable ECU.. well look what happened.

Honda wont do that because their ecu has to be the same as production in tca/tcr and they re flash them to suit class specs.
Small correction. The Si TCA and the Type R TC both use production based ECU. I'm not sure if that means they're using Hondata for tuning. @Hondata, not sure if you can confirm/deny whether the TCA/TC cars use Hondata for tuning.

As far as the TCR, that's a completely different car and uses a standalone Motec ECU.

Source: https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...ext-level-with-new-race-ready-civic-type-r-tc

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Small correction. The Si TCA and the Type R TC both use production based ECU. I'm not sure if that means they're using Hondata for tuning. @Hondata, not sure if you can confirm/deny whether the TCA/TC cars use Hondata for tuning.

As far as the TCR
Correct, my mistake!

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just noticed there is a 16 gallon gas tank in the Type R TC. I low key want this for my R ?

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, because if there was a 16 gallon stock tank I'd swap out the existing tank in a heartbeat. The fuel tank of the FK8 seems to be designed for the 1.5 and really the fuel range is pitiful compared to prior models.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
How hard would it be to swap out for new radiator core?
While I hope to change front bumper, what is different in new radiator? Is it worth changing radiator while or what is specific to “radiator core”?

mid tha dampeners totally different or can ours be tweaked and if so, how?

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
yea i am not counting on it....obviously. But to be fair Honda has marketed this car and its herritage of the R brand to be a car you can take to the track and daily it. And so far as track duty in most cases it is running to hot. But yea i know i doubt they will do anything and the diy to swap the radiator is actually quite involved not like the old civic days.
So would you recommend I have them change to new radiator while I have bumper off to replace for new 2020?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.