CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

18typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Si Jackson Racing Supercharged
Reply back, "well, these cars will be made in 2018, and at even higher numbers, so it's not once in a lifetime." lol
I sure will, thanks for the information

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
That is too funny, I replied stating that sign me up, Ill be right down after I get off of winning the lottery!!!
I'm just wondering how long it will sit on the lot.

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
Once in a lifetime. Right. What is that guy smoking? It's a Civic, not a 1 of 5 limited edition Zonda or something.

I'm getting mine for MSRP (the only 1 at dealer, CW, color I wanted). I'd *maybe* pay $500-1000 ADM, possibly a hair more if that was to somehow help me get the color I wanted, buy beyond that, no way. I guess I'm just a patient person, I'd be fine waiting until next year. I typically wouldn't even want the first year of a model anyway. I'm pretty excited about the CTR though, so that rule has gone out the window. Not only will this be the first time I've ever bought a first-year model, it'll actually be the first time I've ever bought a new car (for myself, bought the wife several new cars).

nyuofa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, STI
Once in a lifetime. Right. What is that guy smoking? It's a Civic, not a 1 of 5 limited edition Zonda or something.

Not only will this be the first time I've ever bought a first-year model, it'll actually be the first time I've ever bought a new car (for myself, bought the wife several new cars).
I know, right? I didn't get the whole Focus RS crap, with absurd ADM for a car based on a $15k (or whatever a Focus costs) economy car platform. That's what I'm not understanding. But all this interest, and our irrational, emotionally charged car geekiness is creating the current CTR market. The market will correct itself at some point... I hope, because I want one at some point haha!

My friend, you are more than deserving of this new model vehicle, as you have sacrificed many years of car buying for your wife. Well deserved! My wife probably can't say same for myself, and will probably be envious of your wife haha

Enjoy the CTR, and happy driving!

mikee_swoosh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Type-R #117 PMM
Country flag
I know, right? I didn't get the whole Focus RS crap, with absurd ADM for a car based on a $15k (or whatever a Focus costs) economy car platform. That's what I'm not understanding. But all this interest, and our irrational, emotionally charged car geekiness is creating the current CTR market. The market will correct itself at some point... I hope, because I want one at some point haha!

My friend, you are more than deserving of this new model vehicle, as you have sacrificed many years of car buying for your wife. Well deserved! My wife probably can't say same for myself, and will probably be envious of your wife haha

Enjoy the CTR, and happy driving!
Exactly! I've always said my wife is 1st. shes had 2 Honda fits snice we have been together. and she didn't ask or question when we went in to sign paper work for the R. That's how you know , you have the one! :thumbsup:

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Exactly! I've always said my wife is 1st. shes had 2 Honda fits snice we have been together. and she didn't ask or question when we went in to sign paper work for the R. That's how you know , you have the one! :thumbsup:
You couldn't have found a better woman!

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
How did you sign paperwork for the r they ain't out yet lol

mikee_swoosh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic Si (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sold) 2017 Honda Civic Type-R #117 PMM
Country flag
How did you sign paperwork for the r they ain't out yet lol
I'm sure it's just an agreement.
They have the vin. So technically it can be contracted.

i'm sure i signed for it as they ran my credit, and took my pre-approval.

Dealers can't sell you a car with no vin. but once they have it, they are allowed to sell it.

*every dealer is different.*

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag

Dealers can't sell you a car with no vin. but once they have it, they are allowed to sell it.

Oh okay.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My local dealer reneged on that situation, said we can make a deal once we get the vin. Now they changed their mind to first come first serve plus $20k ADM.....

mikee_swoosh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My local dealer reneged on that situation, said we can make a deal once we get the vin. Now they changed their mind to first come first serve plus $20k ADM.....
they gave me my yellow copy with price finalized. all i need is to pick up keys when it shows up!