Red2k

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S, 2021 LE-69, 2016 BMW 740i, X5Mc
Country flag
You're welcome. Happy to help since the big city dealers have been super scummy.

Also, Jack o Diamonds Honda in Tyler, TX is getting a Sonic Grey Type R for MSRP. Ask for Sam Price. (903) 561-5225.
Just spoke with him. I'm looking for a Blue one.
Sponsored

mike_ae86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Just spoke with him. I'm looking for a Blue one.
Good luck with your search. While calling around Texas and around the US, Boost Blue consistently had the highest markup. If you're fine with buying out of state and shipping try looking around the northeast and midwest. NJ, Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin would be good places to start. Louisiana might have some decent leads too.

https://stevenmatchett.github.io/civic-ui/

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Looks like a couple of LEs have made their way to Texas as well... I've called the Dallas ones and of course these ones they're *definitely* aren't letting go their mark-ups -_-

Red2k

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S, 2021 LE-69, 2016 BMW 740i, X5Mc
Country flag
Looks like a couple of LEs have made their way to Texas as well... I've called the Dallas ones and of course these ones they're *definitely* aren't letting go their mark-ups -_-
Yeah your right. I tried myself. I even told them a fair markup makes sense but not 30k lol.

R-36276

First Name
Milo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I got mine from Cleo Bay Honda in Killeen TX, Kirby was the sales lady and I got it for MSRP, no dealer add ons like I requested.

yamazaho

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Just wanna revive this thread to see if anyone comes across any Texas dealers with minimal ADM for new cars in year 2021? I have done my homework and originally thought I got a hit in Louisiana, but just found out it's a dud.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Any new Texas MSRP successses in the 4 months of 2021? Other than Milo
Your best bet is hitting up Louisiana bud - I did and am from Houston for the best deal. Dallas / Houston busts 99% of time.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Your best bet is hitting up Louisiana bud - I did and am from Houston for the best deal. Dallas / Houston busts 99% of time.
I'm not sure if it was with all Louisiana dealers, but 1 was afraid of losing allocation that they asked me to register the car there in Louisiana otherwise pay some markup. Not sure if that's what others have dealt with similarly.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'm not sure if it was with all Louisiana dealers, but 1 was afraid of losing allocation that they asked me to register the car there in Louisiana otherwise pay some markup. Not sure if that's what others have dealt with similarly.
Call around Louisiana if you're really serious about buying a car - then either drive a rental there and pick it up - or fly in and pick it up. That's what I did in 2019 ~December - it was super painless. The only thing you end up doing is paying tax to the registrar here in Texas to get your plates, not to the dealership. But all dealerships there kind of 'know the ropes' on selling out of state.

Louisiana - CTR promise land - at lease when I was looking - got mine for 35750, but that was in a different economy so you'd prob expect closer to sticker now.

yamazaho

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2021 BB Type R
Country flag
Louisiana - CTR promise land - at lease when I was looking - got mine for 35750, but that was in a different economy so you'd prob expect closer to sticker now.
Which dealership did you purchase your Type R from, if you don't me asking?

skinnie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gtr
Country flag
I'm in the DFW area. All the dealerships have anywhere from $10-15k markups and won't budge. Any other dealerships to contact? Buying out of state will be my last resort or maybe I should just wait until the next gen comes out.

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
I'm in the DFW area. All the dealerships have anywhere from $10-15k markups and won't budge. Any other dealerships to contact? Buying out of state will be my last resort or maybe I should just wait until the next gen comes out.
Yup! Me and the kids went to David McDavid in Frisco to pick up brake pads for our Odyssey. They had two boost blues on the showroom floor. We thought it’d be fun to have the kids guess The Price is Right-style and they though that there was NO WAY the price would be higher than 50k and thought that’s absurd.

Are y’all ready? … 56k!!!

And that’s why this Texas transplant got his FK8 delivered from Florida.

I finally have a little cash in my life and dearly try to spend it on my family, good people and my community. But fuck the parts of my community with that kind of greed! ?

skinnie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gtr
Country flag
Yup! Me and the kids went to David McDavid in Frisco to pick up brake pads for our Odyssey. They had two boost blues on the showroom floor. We thought it’d be fun to have the kids guess The Price is Right-style and they though that there was NO WAY the price would be higher than 50k and thought that’s absurd.

Are y’all ready? … 56k!!!

And that’s why this Texas transplant got his FK8 delivered from Florida.

I finally have a little cash in my life and dearly try to spend it on my family, good people and my community. But fuck the parts of my community with that kind of greed! ?
Yup all the David McDavid dealerships are straight trash. Lol
Blows my mind people are paying these ridiculous markups.
Sponsored