Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, GT, so incredibly sorry to hear about your wife! ?

Like others, I find your advice to be invaluable, and I think, again like others, these forums owe you a lot. I wonder if it’s helpful to consider that the outpouring of gratitude you’re seeing right now on here is from some people who’ve met you personally, but mostly from those who just know you by a screen-name and a picture, and we’re still shouting ‘no, we love you!’ That’s how important you are. Just thought that might count for something.

When you say ‘people ask for advice, then don’t tune, and you don’t know why’, I wonder if that might be a helpful addition to your tuning thread (and if it’s already there, but I missed it, apologies, though I did look). ?? I’m one of those folks you’re talking about, and I’m happy to tell you why I haven’t yet tuned: the cost-benefit analysis doesn’t work out for me. I don’t have the money to risk my clutch, and it seems near-inevitable that it’s bound to slip (which I why I was wondering if I’m able to modify the tuning parameters, without a custom tune, to not build much boost below 4,5K RPMs, thus protecting myself from loading the engine, causing clutch slippage). That said, you’re tuning thread has seriously made me reconsider.

In line with others’ advice, I agree. Step away for a while, then come back When you’re ready. I do, and I know others do. You’ll be missed, and we’ll be waiting for you when you get back. :drive:
Actually, I was saying people who had already tuned ask me questions or ask me to look at datalogs and such and then after I've helped haven't added their tuned car to the thread.

I absolutely understand the many reasons why people are reluctant to tune. I mean yes, there is risk. Risk that has the potential to cost a lot of money. But like I said in my initial post in another thread, I feel like the risk is minimal when you keep your car mostly stock and just add a base or OTS tune.

Thank you for mentioning my wife. She really was the best part of my life and without her it's tough to find any real happiness. But I was lucky to find my perfect soul mate. Not everyone is blessed that way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Sucks people are asking for help and all you’re asking for in return is a post in the reliability and tuning thread. Like many others here you actually convinced me to tune my civic and added it after my 30 mile drive. Would suck to see you leave especially with the new hatchback and si around the corner. I appreciate you helping me last week with my questions and concerns. I’ll update my post on the reliability thread in the coming week or month if I decide to get the phearable tune. I went back stock because the tsp tune felt really rough on the transmission when letting off the gas for some reason.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was my response when they tried to sell me an extended warranty. ?
That was the worst part of my CivicX buying experience. The finance guy came at me hard. And when he saw where I worked, he hit me with "my sister works for them too... great company". For 10 minutes he tried to butter me up and tell me reason after reason why I JUST HAD TO get the extended warranty. After 10 brutal minutes he finally gave up.
haha my experience was a bit different. my salesmen asked if i wanted the extended warranty for this and that and how it would be such a good thing to have! i said hey take a look outside... umm sure why? you see that grey truck out there thats heavily modified? ya i do? well thats mine how do you think i care about warranty's? you probably dont care about them do you? correct you are! so can i get my car now? haha

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds great. To this day it still amazes me how this one single mod is a total game changer. Without the tune, I actually was thinking I made a mistake buying my car. With the tune and a few mods (and a few more important ones to come), I love this car.
Oh yeah! I’m just running the base tune at the moment and the 19psi is enough for me (for now lol) I probably should get a pherable tune though.
my next mods will be clutch, brakes and last exhaust

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Please don't leave gtman. You are a treasure to the forum and you help so many new owners, including me, to open our eyes to tuning. I haven't tuned but your post really tempts me to do so. I'm still on the fence and will make a decision (likely to tune) when I learn more about it and have more free time and money.

I propose that, in support of gtman's continuous contribution to the forum, and his tireless effort in keeping the tuned reliability stats as well as helping others, we should all add his tuned reliability thread thread to our signature. It will also help spread the word. I have just done that, counting on you to do the same :).

I've also made the signature colorful to catch people's eye. Here's the code if you are interested in doing the same:
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][B]Add your car to gtman's [/B][URL='https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/the-tuned-civicx-experience-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/'][B][COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/COLOR]

Also terribly sorry about your loss gtman. I can't imagine the pain.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You and I have discussed all this and more quite a bit privately. Nice to see these specific concerns made public.

I'd agree with those saying to step away and take time to decompress but I know you're too stubborn for that lol. I do stand by my advice of only responding to people asking for help if they contribute to the community by helping with the survey. They can pay tuners to solve their problems if they don't want to give the bare minimum in return to you.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You and I have discussed all this and more quite a bit privately. Nice to see these specific concerns made public.

I'd agree with those saying to step away and take time to decompress but I know you're too stubborn for that lol. I do stand by my advice of only responding to people asking for help if they contribute to the community by helping with the survey. They can pay tuners to solve their problems if they don't want to give the bare minimum in return to you.

Don't let the bastards get you down.
You nailed it. I am stubborn and don't give up easily. It's the Taurus/Taurus Rising in me. Can't change that. :cool:

I wasn't going to make this thread but I figured if I didn't vent I was going to implode. A lot of really nice responses that have helped me out.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please don't leave gtman. You are a treasure to the forum and you help so many new owners, including me, to open our eyes to tuning. I haven't tuned but your post really tempts me to do so. I'm still on the fence and will make a decision (likely to tune) when I learn more about it and have more free time and money.

I propose that, in support of gtman's continuous contribution to the forum, and his tireless effort in keeping the tuned reliability stats as well as helping others, we should all add his tuned reliability thread thread to our signature. It will also help spread the word. I have just done that, counting on all of you to do the same.

I've also made the signature colorful to catch people's eye. Here's the code if you are interested in doing the same:
[COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)][B]Add your car to gtman's [/B][URL='https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/the-tuned-civicx-experience-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/'][B][COLOR=rgb(44, 130, 201)]Tuned CivicX Experience & Reliability Thread[/COLOR][/B][/URL][/COLOR]

mine is a bit full so idk if i can lol i can try here in a bit

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to go too depressing and off topic...

Losing someone you love and is the love of your life is unimaginable, but it happened. My wife struggled with something called Systemic Lupus for 20+ years. It is a horrible disease. Even something as trivial as a cold could turn into something far worse. Her immune system was out of whack and would attack her own organs. She was in and out of hospitals for months at a time often. She had numerous close calls and life threatening medical ordeals. Yet, through all of it, she always had a smile on her face. And a kind word for all.

She died three months before her 46th birthday. And there was a moment early on after she died that I didn't know if I could go on. I was having "those" thoughts. But I've learned to try my best to live life with her always in my heart, always a part of me.

But, the struggle and pain is real.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, I was saying people who had already tuned ask me questions or ask me to look at datalogs and such and then after I've helped haven't added their tuned car to the thread.

I absolutely understand the many reasons why people are reluctant to tune. I mean yes, there is risk. Risk that has the potential to cost a lot of money. But like I said in my initial post in another thread, I feel like the risk is minimal when you keep your car mostly stock and just add a base or OTS tune.

Thank you for mentioning my wife. She really was the best part of my life and without her it's tough to find any real happiness. But I was lucky to find my perfect soul mate. Not everyone is blessed that way.
Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, I cannot imagine what you are/have been going through. Honestly, that exact scenario is one of the main reasons I chose to be single; if that happened to me, I’m not positive I would survive it. You’re stronger than me, mate!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't give in to the frustration man. You're stupid valuable to this forum. I was in your shoes once over on civicforums.com (I've been a member there since 2003 when it was 7thgencivic.com). Got fed up with all the touch and go people that had car problems and the massive amount of trolls that hit that forum and logged off with zero intention of logging back in. I didn't realize how valuable my insight was until one of my forum friends hit me up on facebook and linked a petition thread that some rando made for me to come back. They've since slapped an admin sticker on my ass and I feel like that forum is barely staying afloat, but staying afloat nonetheless. Also, I posted up a link to your tuner thread over there a while back to give it more exposure for anyone that somehow stumbles upon that forum before finding CivicX. I hope you don't mind.

That said, if you leave, your knowledge, insight, and the doors you open for people to mod will be surely missed. You just gotta be like Taylor Swift and shake it off. If people don't wanna help, f- 'em. You've done far more good than those "selfish" people negate by not contributing. You're good people man. Don't let the bad block that from your own sights.

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'd add my car, but I was only tuned for a couple of weeks before I reverted back to stock lol. Had some kind of mystery tune already flashed when I bought it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.