Beeps when leaving the car?

Broomsky16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic, 2014 Ford Edge, 2015 Honda CR-v
Yeah, I hate complaining too and normally am not overly anal about things...but this is my first "new" car and we bought a 2015 CRV from them so I expect my little issues to be addressed. I was hoping they will have a part listed soon online to replace those arm rests with the black leather piece if it's the same fit.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Oh don't worry! I'm not just accepting "turn off the feature". I just didn't want to go on and on about what my plans are. I was quite flustered at the dealer that day since I had several things not working and most were contained to the infotainment system. It's being dropped off on Thursday to have that looked at, Apple car play dropping, exterior lights not coming on upon unlocking in the evening and the most annoying- side arm rest on door is completely worn and I don't even rest my arm there. The crease is now white and the interior is black, huge eye sore. Trust me, I'm not accepting their answer as a fix, just didn't have the time nor energy to fight with them that day. Sorry didn't explain! :)
Read up on all the threads on the infotainment system here.
Whatever your complaint is, you aren't alone.
But the dealership has no magic fixes on the electronics end.
If you go in expecting that right now you will be disappointed.
They have to wait until Honda issues a patch. Whenever that is.

Call their in car support line as well.
Supposedly they are already acknowledging the issue.

Broomsky16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic, 2014 Ford Edge, 2015 Honda CR-v
Read up on all the threads on the infotainment system here.
Whatever your complaint is, you aren't alone.
But the dealership has no magic fixes on the electronics end.
If you go in expecting that right now you will be disappointed.
They have to wait until Honda issues a patch. Whenever that is.

Call their in car support line as well.
Supposedly they are already acknowledging the issue.
Agreed. Not expecting a fix on the infotainment system since I have been reading this for for at least a month before I bought my Civic, but was naive that this new technology, new body wouldn't have any issues. Still love the civic and the issues don't make me regret it, just want my issues at least noted so if it's not fixed right away I can have a leg to stand on if I exceed the mileage for warranty which I'm sure I'll do in a year :-/

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah, I hate complaining too and normally am not overly anal about things...but this is my first "new" car and we bought a 2015 CRV from them so I expect my little issues to be addressed. I was hoping they will have a part listed soon online to replace those arm rests with the black leather piece if it's the same fit.
That they definetly should address.
But how responsive Honda has been to its fall off in sales and reputation in the past 3 years is a double edged sword.
This car wasn't the product of a long thought out evolution. It is the first in a reaction to "oh shit we sat back and le
Agreed. Not expecting a fix on the infotainment system since I have been reading this for for at least a month before I bought my Civic, but was naive that this new technology, new body wouldn't have any issues. Still love the civic and the issues don't make me regret it, just want my issues at least noted so if it's not fixed right away I can have a leg to stand on if I exceed the mileage for warranty which I'm sure I'll do in a year :-/
The car part of this car is lovely.
I haven't been stopped on the street and asked about a car before. That's happened 3 times in the past two months.

But yeah it's very version 1.
And a version one they weren't planning for a long time.
It feels like this car was developed in 3 years rather than the usual 5, with the tech features left up in the air until the last year.

Part of the problem is that people think cars are like smart phones, but they aren't.

Honda finished the things likely to get you killed or get them hacked or sued.
The rest they left to dangle till they can hopefully patch later.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get those little urgent beeps after getting into the vehicle. There not the same beeps as when you lock it there very low and fast. I dont know why it does that, shouldn't the car know that it was unlocked with the handle?

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I have also noticed this issue, it happens as soon as I close the door, like it is trying to lock the vehicle too quickly (I am not even fully out of the car yet).

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm by my car now and I got out and walked around the back bumper and it started beeping like crazy and then when I got back in it did the same.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to say my auto lock walk away feature has worked nearly 100% of the time. I think maybe there was one or two times that I didn't think it locked. Guess I've been fortunate. I have had a couple errant urgent beep moments, though - most of the time it seems to be when I've use the remote engine start.

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
My Touring started doing this since I read this post. Does anyone know how to unread this post?

Honestly, never had the multi beep warning until just recently, maybe the cold affect it???

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had it happen on occasion in my Touring. No rhyme of reason to be honest. I just hit the lock button and get on with it. A car with this much tech is bound to have issues. I'll accept that.

Doubt temps have anything to do with it. Was 8(!)this morning, but auto lock worked fine.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
and the most annoying- side arm rest on door is completely worn and I don't even rest my arm there. The crease is now white and the interior is black, huge eye sore.
Do you have a picture of the arm rest to see if any others are having this problem by chance?

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Odd so many have had issues with this feature, it's worked perfectly for me. One beep one the system is "armed" aka it's going to lock, and another once you walk 6 feet away to confirm its locked. I have gotten the multiple beep on occasion, but only when the fuel door wasn't closed or someone else was in the car.

NathanDrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic
This has also worked flawlessly for me so far.

In general, if I intend to move around the car prior to leaving the vehicle permanently, I keep the driver side door open during this time in order to ensure that it doesn't sound the first beep. If I know I'm going to immediately walk away and want the car to lock, I simply close the door and march on.

See if that fixes any of your intermittent issues.

Laurene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
I know I turned on the "walk away lock" feature on mine, as that was a feature I really wanted. When it works (no more than 1/2 of the time) I get two beeps. One to tell me it's activated, and another to tell me it's locked (once I've left a 6 foot range of the car). Half the time, though, it gives the rapid succession of beeps similar to what I think you are describing (even though, in theory I've done everything correctly to prevent this reaction).

According to the manual(p 129):

After the auto lock function has been activated, the auto lock operation stop beeper sounds for approximately two seconds in the following cases.
• The smart entry remote is put inside the vehicle through a window.
• You are located too close to the vehicle.
• The smart entry remote is put inside the trunk.
If the warning beeper sounds, check that you are carrying the smart entry remote. Then, open/close a door and confirm the auto lock activation beeper sounds once.

To me, this feature is useless half the time. The car seems to mis-figure the situation and assumes that remote has been thrown back in (it hasn't) or I am located too close to the vehicle (I've usually left the 6' range when this happens), or I've thrown the remote in the trunk. In these cases, the car does not lock unless you manually lock it with the remote or go back and open and close a door. The whole purpose of this feature is to not have to fiddle around for you remote when leaving the car, but just as often as not, I have to. Very cumbersome when I am going in to work with all 4 of my hands full (hyperbole intentional, but it makes the point).

Me too, I'm having the same problem. Nice to know I'm not the only one. It's not a really big deal, but I find it very confusing. Also, yesterday, my Bluetooth phone connection crashed to the point where I had to have service disconnect the fuse to reset the phone. Working ok now.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Me too, I'm having the same problem. Nice to know I'm not the only one. It's not a really big deal, but I find it very confusing. Also, yesterday, my Bluetooth phone connection crashed to the point where I had to have service disconnect the fuse to reset the phone. Working ok now.
Used the feature for 2 days, turned it off, beeping drove me nuts
Sponsored