Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding)

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I'm excited to share that the latest version of the KTuner software is now allowing adjustment of throttle responsiveness and throttle padding for our TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 tunes for the 2017+ Civic Si. (more support coming as KTuner updates other software versions, please be patient, the 10th gen Civic models have dozens and dozens of them!)

Honda Civic 10th gen Newly available quick adjustments for TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Tunes! (Throttle Responsiveness and Padding) 1602017867061

Throttle responsiveness:

(Per KTuner) - "The Throttle Responsiveness options give multiple levels of alterations over the factory throttle response. Each level titled "Improved" is more aggressive. There's also a less aggressive option geared toward eco."

** This setting allows you to adjust how sensitive your throttle is. While some enjoy the aggressive nature of the Improved II setting that our TSP tunes default to, this allows any users that would prefer a more toned down response to select an option that better suites their driving style.

Throttle padding:

(Per KTuner) - "Throttle Padding is available on Manual Transmission vehicles and should be used in conjunction with the Disable Rev Hang Quick Enable. This allows extra padding since without rev hang the transition from decel back into normal operation can be more aggressive. There are multiple levels of padding to accommodate any driving style."

** The TSP tunes default to "Standard" throttle padding, which gives you a more old school feel. KTuner also offers "Medium" and "Soft" padding options that smooth things out a bit and offer a smoother and closer to factory feel without keeping rev hang around. There is no wrong setting here, it just depends on your personal preferences. Now you have the power to choose.

How do I get access to these settings?:

All you have to do is download and install the latest file version from KTuner, 1.0.9.10 (or newer): https://ktuner.com/downloads/

Once you install the new software from KTuner and open our TSP Stage 1 Si tune, you will find the new options available. You will not require a new file from TSP and no additional purchase is required.

** Special thanks to the team at KTuner for helping us make this happen. We are happy to offer these options to our customers **
Sponsored

Last edited:

AdamSI

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
this is great. I'll try improved throttle response 1 on map 1. thanks TSP!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Very cool! I'm going to switch back from Phearable to TSP and see how it compares. My only complaint I had with the TSP tune was the jerkiness on the shifts. Sounds like the throttle padding setting might fix that.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to open the part throttle turbo responsiveness setting?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you going to open the part throttle turbo responsiveness setting?
As you may already be aware, the turbo responsiveness setting is exclusive to non-Si models. While it is not applicable for the Si update, it is certainly something we are looking at for the non-Si variants.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
As you may already be aware, the turbo responsiveness setting is exclusive to non-Si models. While it is not applicable for the Si update, it is certainly something we are looking at for the non-Si variants.
Sorry. I was asking for us non-Si guys.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry. I was asking for us non-Si guys.
No worries, I am glad you did! Customer feedback and inquiries shape our future offerings, we appreciate the question.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
@Two Step Performance
So I'm a little confused... with rev hang set to disabled in the tune (by default), does the new 'throttle padding' quick adjustment have effect with cruise on or cruise off?

My current understanding is that 'standard padding' replaces rev hang by default in the tune, but only applies when cruise is on. When I turn cruise off, on/off throttle is not smooth at all.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Two Step Performance
So I'm a little confused... with rev hang set to disabled in the tune (by default), does the new 'throttle padding' quick adjustment have effect with cruise on or cruise off?

My current understanding is that 'standard padding' replaces rev hang by default in the tune, but only applies when cruise is on. When I turn cruise off, on/off throttle is not smooth at all.
Think of throttle padding as a setting for rev hang delete. Rev hang delete (and along with it, throttle padding) is only active when the cruise control system is completely disabled.

If you find the "standard" padding experience too rough for your tastes, you can increase your padding via the "medium" or "soft" options to find something that better suits you.

k33pup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Think of throttle padding as a setting for rev hang delete. Rev hang delete (and along with it, throttle padding) is only active when the cruise control system is completely disabled.

If you find the "standard" padding experience too rough for your tastes, you can increase your padding via the "medium" or "soft" options to find something that better suits you.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. So rev hang is actually still enabled when cruise is on.

Is that the same for 'throttle responsiveness' setting... only active with cruise off?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, thanks for the clarification. So rev hang is actually still enabled when cruise is on.

Is that the same for 'throttle responsiveness' setting... only active with cruise off?
You are correct about rev hang. The way KTuner has it setup, whenever cruise control is on (even when not in use) the factory rev hang programming is still in place. Rev hang delete is NOT active at this time.

The throttle responsiveness setting is active 100% of the time, regardless of cruise control.

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I was driving on TSP stage 1 (Civic SI 2020 - was lucky enough to get Beta version)

My first impression, I really like it. Ability to adjust Throttle Response and Padding, makes it 100% easy daily drivable on day to day bases.
I set everything to medium and it fixed all the issues which i had previously such as:
- really tricky 1st gear - throttle was way to sensitive and padding to aggressive in the original presetings.
- occasional aggressive jerk when you letting off the gas - fixed now (it was my biggest complain with my 2020SI)
- Its also looks like now its much more easier to switch gears

Over all, I really impressed that such a small change making such great impact.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was driving on TSP stage 1 (Civic SI 2020 - was lucky enough to get Beta version)

My first impression, I really like it. Ability to adjust Throttle Response and Padding, makes it 100% easy daily drivable on day to day bases.
I set everything to medium and it fixed all the issues which i had previously such as:
- really tricky 1st gear - throttle was way to sensitive and padding to aggressive in the original presetings.
- occasional aggressive jerk when you letting off the gas - fixed now (it was my biggest complain with my 2020SI)
- Its also looks like now its much more easier to switch gears

Over all, I really impressed that such a small change making so great impact.
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear the new options are working well for you!

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Very cool! I'm going to switch back from Phearable to TSP and see how it compares. My only complaint I had with the TSP tune was the jerkiness on the shifts. Sounds like the throttle padding setting might fix that.
It really does!
My guess that on Pherable Throttle response is set to Factory and Padding is around "Soft"

Last edited: